Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > The Laughing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

True Story

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: True Story
    Posted: March/13/2021 at 7:59pm
Tommy      Grandma where did you grow up?
Grandma   I grew up in a little town called West Chester.
Tommy      Where did Grandpa Gary grow up?
Grandma   He didn't he's a Shriner.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2021 at 10:10am
Thank you, De....
I shared that one with several of my Shriner
Brothers.

I have said this before (I think) but I'll say it again....
Your contributions to this web page are most appreciated.
Thanks

Bob C
(Old fat deaf limping Shriner/Mason)
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2021 at 10:45am
That is fine, I got it from bro. Jacob Cummings.
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2021 at 11:34am
We need more people here like De.

Frequent contributors, so we can learn and experience our big fraternity brothers and sister.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/14/2021 at 6:13pm
Thank you Bro. Bob, I think all of you gentlemen have been around for a loooooooooong time and have a lot of story's  you could be telling.  We would love to hear of your Masonic travel over the years.  Maybe we could start some dialog?

De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2021 at 4:35pm
That sounds like a great idea, De..
I will herewith submit, for the perusal ane edification of my Brothers and Sisters on this forum, a piece I wrote a while ago. Hope you enjoy it, and hope it engenders a few similar missives.

A Tongue of Good Report

Written 25 Feb 2018

R. W. Tom’s comments in a recent Masonic Education essay we printed triggered a memory and recollection that may be informative, or educational. I shall relate the tale herewith.

In a previous life, way before I met and later married the present Mrs. Chadwick, bless her heart, I was in a friendly relationship with another lady. We got on quite well, and frequently engaged in conversation about all manner of subjects. Subject matter ranged far and wide, other people we knew, children, politics, the whole gamut. As you can imagine, particularly if we were the only participants in a conversation, opinions and facts were discussed that were of varying degrees of volatility.

Early on in the relationship, these discussions could get inflammatory and rather personal and at times downright hostile and un-Christian. One afternoon we were having such a discussion. I can’t recall the subject matter, but it was loud, uncivil and unpleasant. I was in the process of blustering on, disagreeing with a point she was making, when, out of a clear blue sky, she looked me in the eye, smiled, and said, “Lovely weather we’re having, isn’t it?”.

My immediate mental reaction to this was something like “Well, what in blazes does the weather have to do with (whatever the subject was)????”...... Then, the penny dropped like a ton of bricks. She had realized that we were about one step away from going for each other’s throats, and saw a way to defuse the situation by calling for a complete change of subject.

……..”Babble babble…. Oh…yeah….. looks like rain or something….” Sez I. I’d managed to figure out what was going on, we discussed the weather, and then quietly and amidst couthness and gentility resumed talking about less dangerous things. And from that time on, whenever the talk was getting into unpleasant, unfriendly, negative areas, one or the other of us would pop that line in…..

“Lovely weather we’re having, isn’t it?”.

Works like a charm. Changes the subject, and warns all in hearing area that you are in a subject area that is best spoken of quietly and cautiously. I’ve even used it around Lodge a few times. Easiest way to remind myself (and sometimes a brother) to keep a tongue of good report.

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2021 at 5:00pm
When I first read your joke above, it made me think of something I heard years ago.

Getting old is mandatory, growing up is optional.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2021 at 1:54am
I know that saying well, it was Jerrys' favorite. 
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic