Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I thought this was funny

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I thought this was funny
    Posted: April/03/2021 at 1:43pm
I seen the last post was 15 hours and 60 minutes ago? Not 16 hours ago. This new core math is cool, I guess...  Clap

Edited by eagle-751 - April/03/2021 at 1:45pm
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2021 at 7:34pm
Probably why kids today, cannot add or subtract in their head, they need a calculator
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2021 at 1:18am
I have a granddaughter who is a whiz at math, she use to scream at her teachers that were "trying" to teach common core math.  She would point out several seasons why it was stupid and did not work.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2021 at 9:04am
After I retired, just to keep busy, I was substituting at a local junior high school.  One day, I had a math class to fill in for.
We were working some math problems, and the kids were unsure how to check their computations.
I told them that adding and subtracting are opposites, and dividing and multiplying are opposites.
When they found out they could transpose calculations to check themselves they were amazed.
The next day, I was in an English composition class.  The math teacher came to my room, and barked at me, and said "You will never sub in my room again, those kids do not need to know how to check themselves".
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2021 at 3:04pm
LOLClapLOL
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2021 at 6:57am
Sec'y Bob---That math teacher who yelled at you needs to find a new line of work.  I also work part time as a substitute teacher at my local high school and have never experienced such a total lack of professionalism.  That's just uncalled for.  I hope you have not had many experiences like that and that it will not turn you away from continuing to sub.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2021 at 8:46am
I subbed for almost 13 years and never had an issue other than that. At that particular Junior high, I was highly thought of and they always begged me to come back.  And most of the kids loved me and asked their teacher to get me when they had to miss.  It was just that one teacher.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic