Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Today
    Posted: April/17/2022 at 8:59am
He is risen
Happy Easter
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2022 at 7:02am
Thank for posting that De.  I have not checked into the forum lately as I have been dealing with the recent passing of my 97 1/2 year old Dad.  He was a Mason for 63 years and a veteran of World War II having served in the Navy  with their Construction Battalion known as the Seabees.  Dad had been exceptionally healthy all of ife up until the very end.  The passing of one's parents is something you don't get over, you get through it but you don't get over it.  I am thankful for having him around for so many years.  Thanks to the support of some very long time and absolutely wonderful friends, I am doing OK.  Friends become your chosen family.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2022 at 9:20am
I am sorry for you, My dad has been gone seven years this month and I still look at my phone expecting him to call at least 15 times a day.  He was healthy until his last year, when everything went wrong.  It seemed like we had our own revolving door at UCD Med Center.  I just have to keep telling myself he is happier now with the rest of our family.  Yes now we choose our family and I have a good group around me.  It is hard to believe my sister and I are the elders now.  Conversations with your dad are now one sided and it will take time to get use to not having him talking with you, but you know what he would say and you'll just fill it in in your head.
     As for the rest of our small group here I'm starting to worry about them.  Know one seems to be around in over a month.

De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2022 at 7:23am
De---Thanks for  your kind words.  I, too, still look at the phone expecting a call.  He was about the only one who called me on my landline, everybody else calls me on my cell phone so I am thinking about canceling the landline.  You are right,  I know exactly what he would say with regard to situations.  This used to be a very active forum but for the past handful of years posting have declined dramtically.  
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic