Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is this Forum Still Alive??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is this Forum Still Alive??
    Posted: July/28/2022 at 4:16pm
I have noted almost zero posts in the past month. Is something going on that I have not been made aware of?? This has been a great and useful platform; I would hate to see it disappear.

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, FL
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2022 at 8:16am
I am afraid it may be.  Three reasons.  1.  When ever I try to log in after be logged out, my comp. tells me this is a dangerous site.  It is contaminated with all kinds of bugs.  2.  It has been several years now but we started losing active members after one member thought he should control all subject content and if you didn't agree with his "political view"  you were muzzled.  Well he didn't get his way so he quit but he managed to drive several long time active members away and they have never come back.  He spent a lot of time on other media sites bad mouthing this site and we have never recovered.  Not a very masonic attitude in my opinion.  3. Of late I can't reach Ed or Bob which worries me, I'm afraid something has happened to them.  For some reason I am not getting full access to admin controls when I look up "memberlist" I keep getting "error" messages so I don't know what is going on, it is probably one of those bugs.  It is good to hear from you, I thought I was the last lass standing here. Smile
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2022 at 7:03am
I have also noticed the lack of new posts, too.  Many topics ae 5 years old or older.  I try and add a posting from time to time.  I know what you mean about people being muzzled. A brother Mason from Australia that I had often encountered on the forum left after an incident with one of the administrators.  I received a very nice snail mail letter from the Aussie brother explaining his absence.  I surely hope this is not  the end of this froum, as it used to be very active with lots of good information.  
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2022 at 9:15am
If at all possible the bugs could be cleaned out of this site we could be active again.  Most people will not clip on a site that says it is dangerous.  I am not a tech so I wouldn't know where to begin. 
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2022 at 6:16am
I don't see  anything about a "dangerous" site when I log in.  
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
farmerjoe View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2022 at 6:00pm
Low Twelve and I were just talking about this site, since we met here 15 or so years ago, and, WE ARE BACK!!!!!!

Joe L Van Dyke,PM Inspector, 834th District, Grand Lodge of California

'To always industriously strive to acquire useful knowledge to put forth to good use'.
Dualsingularity View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Wor. Rob McGill

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dualsingularity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/10/2022 at 6:09pm
Yes we are! I am SOOOO happy to be back with my Brothers. It has been too long!
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2022 at 8:04am
Welcome back gents, it's been way tooooooooo long. Thumbs Up
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2022 at 8:41pm
Well barley ....   you guys are,, the ones that keep it going.   I've been busy for the past couple of months and haven't checked in.  If you have something urgent, send me an email. .... edwmax52@gmail.com

Joe & Dual .... glad to see you back.    Make a post & tell us what you've been doing.

Edited by edwmax - August/18/2022 at 8:43pm
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/20/2022 at 8:50am
It's about time you showed up.  I've been looking in the obits Dead for you and Sec Bob.  You two just disappeared.  Still haven't heard from Bob.
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
farmerjoe View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2022 at 7:56pm
Well, it has been a wild ride for the last while, for both Rob(Dual) and I.  I am no longer a DDGM, (in CA they call it Inspector).  After my mother passed, I went into a bout of depression, and kinda lost it in Lodge.  The Lodge here is mostly LEO, so it didn't go over well, and, well, lets just say that I no longer belong there. 

I will let Rob tell his story, but, rest assured, the Dynamic Duo of Polarity has been nothing less than Spectacular for each other.  I recently returned from his current residence, repairing his vehicle, and I will say that he is hoping to return to San Diego soon.

Joe L Van Dyke,PM Inspector, 834th District, Grand Lodge of California

'To always industriously strive to acquire useful knowledge to put forth to good use'.
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2022 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by De Darrah De Darrah wrote:

It's about time you showed up.  I've been looking in the obits Dead for you and Sec Bob.  You two just disappeared.  Still haven't heard from Bob.

Well may be one day you 'l see it.   But hopefully  NOT soon.

Thomasville 369
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/29/2022 at 6:23pm
Great ... the forum is working again.   It' been out for almost 2 weeks.   It started with a data base error for few days; then the wrong backup was reloaded which had the Widows Sons homepage opening instead of mastermason.com.      ...seems to be OK now.

Thomasville 369
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2022 at 9:04am
Yes for the last two months or more, I could not get the forum, it would open directly to the bikers page and would not recognize me.  I even deleted the whole forum from my home page and tried reconnecting from the web, didn't work.  Today is the first time I've seen the forum back on the web.  It's good to be back.
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2022 at 2:52pm
Gee ....  I didn't realize it's  been  a month since I last logged on.    ....

Thomasville 369
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic