Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lob Cabin Bill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lob Cabin Bill
    Posted: December/09/2022 at 9:01pm
Happy Birthday 

De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2022 at 6:47am
Thanks for the birthday wishes, it was very much appreciated.  Unfortunately it was a sad day for the members of my lodge  Earlier in the week our Junior Warden's car was struck by a drunk driver and our JW died at the scene. His funeral was that day. He was 46 years old and leaves behind his wife and three children.  I have helped out at many Masonic funerals over the years, but this one was especailly hard on us.  There was a good turnout from other lodges in the area and their support was especially welcomed.  It was the drunk driver's third driving under the influence charge and he also had a drug conviction.  Currrenty he is in jail being held on a $500,000 bond which he can't pay. I suspect he will be spending many years in jail.   
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2022 at 9:44am
I'm sorry your special dy turned out to be so sad.  I will pray that drunk driver gets the maximum prison time, hopefully life.  Now your Lodge has go go thru the process of saying God Speed to your brother and finding someone to replace him.  This is not going to be easy.  My prayers are with you.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/14/2022 at 6:35am
Thanks for your kind comments De.  Lately it seems like we are the only ones keeping this forum alive with postings. In PA, lodge officers usually advance to the next position in Dec.  Since the passing of our JW, our SW and WM have agreed to stay  on in their present positions for another year.  Our pursuivant will advance to the JW chair.  This is only the second time in 100 years that our WM has repeated being in office.  The other time was  when our officers from 2020 stayed on in their positions for another year as we were not permitted to meet due to the pandemic.  
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/15/2022 at 3:08pm
This is a sad way to celebrate a birthday..  Then his family  be without a father  this Christmas.  Will the Lodge be doing a ything to help the family for Christmass?
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2022 at 6:57am
Yes, the lodge is helping the familly with a disbursement from the Almoner's fund.  Also, there is a program available from the Grand Lodge of PA that gives the family some money to help with the raising of the children until they are either 18 or 21 years of age.  I am not sure which age is the cut off age.  I don't know how much it is, but it is a once a year payment to the family until the children age out.   
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Commandery #35
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic