Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > The Laughing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Knife & Fork Degree

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidFernandez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Knife & Fork Degree
    Posted: March/31/2007 at 3:35pm

The Knife & Fork Degree

Floorwork:

This degree should be given in the dining room after the Chaplain has given the blessing.

Lecture:

My Brother the working tools of the Knife and Fork degree are explained as follows:

The Knife is an instrument made use of by operative Masons for the purpose of keeping the wild animals at bay, in the event of an attack. But we work in speculative Masonry only, so, we are taught to make use of it for the more noble and glorious purpose of slicing our Steaks, and Vegetables prior to ingesting them.

The Fork is an instrument made use of by the operative Mason for the purpose of gathering the brush and plants when clearing a building site. But we work in speculative Masonry only, so we are taught to use it for the more noble and glorious purpose of skewering the Steak, or Vegetable, prior to slicing, and then again, for the purpose of lifting said morsel from the plate to our mouths, for ingestion.

Signs:

Mouth open ready for food

Words:

I could tell you, but then I'd have to feed you.

Charge:

The Knife and Fork Degree

I do not attend the meetings            

I have not the time to spare               

But every time they have a feast              

You will surely see me there               

I cannot help with the degrees                

For I do not know the work               

But I can applaud the speakers              

And handle a knife and fork              

I am so rusty with the ritual             

That it seems like Greek to me              

But practice has made me perfect              

In the knife and fork degree.

S & F,
David Fernandez III
Lorenzo De Zavala Lodge No. 1397, PM
Northwest Lodge No. 1434
Houston, TX
www.ldz1397.org
BrotherSteve View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrotherSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/01/2007 at 2:31pm
My Brother that is hilarious and the charge is soooo true!
P.M. R Williams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P.M. R Williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2007 at 3:20pm
 well spoken. i can name 10 off the top of my head
"Virtue is persecuted more by the wicked than it is loved by the good." new south #12 Prince Hall Miami, fl
larrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2010 at 6:13am
Thumbs%20Up
Desmo Pete View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desmo Pete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2010 at 5:52am
La%20La%20La
Earl of St Germans Lodge 7031 UGLE
St Gwethnoc Chapter 1785 RAM
Vladaar View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vladaar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2010 at 11:26am
I am not a Mason, waiting on investigation tomorrow, to hopefully get an answer in next couple weeks.  This must be a really old joke, because I had dinner with the guys from the lodge before their meeting, and was asked if I was here for the knife and fork degree.  Funny knowing now what the guys at the lodge were joking about with me now.

Jim
Initiated : 18th May 2010
Passed   : 26th July 2010
Raised    : 27th Aug 2010

"Evil exists when good men do nothing" Voltaire
Bro. Robinson5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bro. Robinson5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2010 at 1:52pm
I know plenty of brothers who are not current on there Dues to any other House EXCEPT this one LOL. Cant come on scheduled meetings but first one in line at the Fish Fry
Pikes Peak Lodge #5 PHA
Colorado Springs, CO
MWPHGL of Co
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.
EA: 15 Feb 07
FC: 15 Mar 07
MM: 17 Apr 07
KocherILM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KocherILM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2010 at 9:59am
*falls outta chair laughing*

I needed that laugh today--thank you!!
Member, St. Johns' Lodge #1, Wilmington, NC.
"Audaces Fortuna Iuvat"
DavidFernandez View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidFernandez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2010 at 5:17pm
Glad to see that everyone has enjoyed this post!
S & F,
David Fernandez III
Northwest Lodge No. 1434
Houston, TX
www.ldz1397.org
Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2010 at 2:14pm
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
DDGIT Afghanistan WFOT
Grand Technician WFOT
DavidFernandez View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavidFernandez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2011 at 2:32pm
Have any Lodges had a "Knife & Fork Degree" night lately, just for fun?
S & F,
David Fernandez III
Northwest Lodge No. 1434
Houston, TX
www.ldz1397.org
Enygma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enygma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2011 at 2:37am
I'll admit, I'm not a mason, but based on conversations about masonry (modern masonry) with other MM's ... that is hilarious (but disappointing for having trouble 'getting involved'... that some masons are there just for the 'get togethers' instead of what the practice is really about!) pm me with any tips... thanks Wink
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2011 at 8:36am
Originally posted by Enygma Enygma wrote:

I'll admit, I'm not a mason, but based on conversations about masonry (modern masonry) with other MM's ... that is hilarious (but disappointing for having trouble 'getting involved'... that some masons are there just for the 'get togethers' instead of what the practice is really about!) pm me with any tips... thanks Wink

Understand that the knife and fork degree is not a real degree. It is a way of having a little fun at dinner. What kind of tips are you looking for? Are you interested in becomming a freemason? If so start a thread asking for help and we will be more than glad to help. First thing to look for is a local lodge and contact them. You will never be asked. You must be the one to take the first step.
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com
lesntn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lesntn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2011 at 12:19pm
That is funny!  I myself being a new MM I had seen different pictures of the knife and fork and thought they had something to do with "cooks".  I know, but seriously I had no clue.  I was reading through the Bible they gave me that night.  It mentioned it.  It is not something you want to be........................
Initiated--January 3, 2011
Passed--March 28,2011
Raised--May 9,2011
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic