Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How do you wear your Masonic Ring?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: How do you wear your Masonic Ring?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
67 [64.42%]
26 [25.00%]
5 [4.81%]
0 [0.00%]
6 [5.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy4975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do you wear your Masonic Ring?
    Posted: September/22/2008 at 9:35am
I am very sorry if this subject has been beaten to death.  I have read that there is no right or wrong way to wear your ring.  I would just like to know how all of you wear yours.
Initiated: August 26, 2008
Passed: October 2, 2008
Raised: November 8,2008
TakRail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TakRail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2008 at 11:19am
Humm, how do I wear mine... I wear it with pride, honer, possibly a little gravy on it, maybe a hint of Jelly they didn't quite make it to the toast, lol. J/K

I wear mine so that if someone asked to see it I can put my hand up (With the palms down) and they are looking at the S&C without it being upside down to the viewer. Although my boss wears his just the opposite as when he became a Mason (In Nevada) it was custom where he was at that you should have the point of the compass facing away from you until you became Master of the lodge then you can turn it around.

It all really just depends on where your are at and what the customs or traditions are in that area. 

Initiated - April 27th 2007
Passed - June 13th 2007
Raised - August 8th 2007
AASR 32° - August 10th 2012

Lord MacVADER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord MacVADER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2008 at 11:23am
I had to vote Other...Right Hand Middle Finger S&C Ring facing outward...
Left hand middle finger Knight Templar Ring IN HOC VENCES SIGNO outward

Reason why the S&C is on my middle finger cause its no way in Heck replacing my AUBURN UNIVERSITY CLASS RING....yes i worked hard for my 3 degrees but worked even harder for a BA. :)
Golden Fleece Lodge #6 Covington GA WM 11
Covington Chapter No 71 PHP
Covington Council No 41 P Illust. Master
St. Bernard Commandery No 25 - P E. Commander
goldenfleecelodge.org
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2008 at 11:42am
Auburn,,,thats in Tennessee, fight???TongueTongueWinkBig%20smile
Lord MacVADER View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord MacVADER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2008 at 11:57am
OHHHH HELL NOOOOOO..... We get them this weekend.... Hope it turns out better than the LSU game... even though we gave LSU a Scare....I still think Auburn is a Year or 2 behind. We still need some GOOD wide Recivers  that can get open and a QB that can throw.  
Golden Fleece Lodge #6 Covington GA WM 11
Covington Chapter No 71 PHP
Covington Council No 41 P Illust. Master
St. Bernard Commandery No 25 - P E. Commander
goldenfleecelodge.org
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2008 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Teddy4975 Teddy4975 wrote:

I am very sorry if this subject has been beaten to death.  I have read that there is no right or wrong way to wear your ring.  I would just like to know how all of you wear yours.

No need to apologise as WE can see that you are new, and I for one will never take exception, should some new bretheren take the time to ask questions.
We are all here to learn and help you on your merry way.
If you have a question, ask, as no true Freemason would/should berate you.
I wear mine with the points towards the fingernails, but like a post said......"wear it with pride".
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
cemab4y View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemab4y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/22/2008 at 10:24pm
The correct way to wear your ring is with PRIDE! Wear it with pride for being in the greatest fraternity in the world. More important than the direction of the ring, is the direction of the man!
Charles E. Martin

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/charles-e-martin/13/a81/14

http://www.cemab4y.blogspot.com

http://www.twitter.com/cemab4y

http://www.dcmetronet.com/landseaandairlodge1iraq

&l
Teddy4975 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teddy4975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 10:11am
Thank you all for your replies.  I too shall wear mine with great pride.  For now I will wait with patience for that day to arrive.
Initiated: August 26, 2008
Passed: October 2, 2008
Raised: November 8,2008
x4paul View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x4paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 2:08pm
I have to say I wear my ring on the right picky facing away. There is a reason why thats is the ring belonged to a very good freind of mind who has now passed to the Grand Lodge above, and its the only figure it fits.
I to wear it with pride.
Lodge Neuhaus 946 British Freemason in Germany.
www.masonsingermany.net
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 2:29pm

When the ring is worn with the tips of the compasses pointed towards the wrist it reminds the wearer of his Masonic obligation.

When the ring is worn with the tips of the compasses pointing towards the finger it advises those who see it that the wearer is a Mason.

This is according to the Masonic Service Association.  Although there is no offical required or approved proper form.

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
430 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 430 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2008 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by Lord MacVADER Lord MacVADER wrote:

OHHHH HELL NOOOOOO..... We get them this weekend.... Hope it turns out better than the LSU game... even though we gave LSU a Scare....I still think Auburn is a Year or 2 behind. We still need some GOOD wide Recivers  that can get open and a QB that can throw.  

Roll Tide Roll, Brother! LOL! Sorry, force of habit. 
Triune Lodge #430 F & AM
M W Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Alabama (PHA)
1 Corinthians 2: 10-14 (The Master Builder)
larrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 5:36pm
I agree to brother cemab4y, wear it with pride.
Jayman View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 6:02pm
Lodge of Perfection ring on left middle finger, Yod facing me.
scooterstrats View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooterstrats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2010 at 11:25pm
Wear it any way you want ! You are a Master Mason, right?  I have been told in lodge (and like the idea of a past master doing what he wants) that the points should face out to show others. But then hey, at least some of us can actually wear the ring at all. I also like the response that said take it off at nite and put it on in the morning however the GOATU decides how it works .
scooterstrats
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2010 at 6:10pm
On my finger Proudly!
"Until you realize that your viewpoint is incomplete and that's '_' viewpoint is complete, only then can you become teachable in the Mysteries of '_'."

PM of Cairo Lodge 299
kirkdbergeron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkdbergeron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 8:37am
Originally posted by Flotown79 Flotown79 wrote:

When the ring is worn with the tips of the compasses pointed towards the wrist it reminds the wearer of his Masonic obligation.

When the ring is worn with the tips of the compasses pointing towards the finger it advises those who see it that the wearer is a Mason.

This is according to the Masonic Service Association.  Although there is no offical required or approved proper form.
This is the same way I was taught ....
Akious 4th View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akious 4th Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2010 at 9:59pm
I wear a 14th Degree ring above my wedding band. For what the ring represents, I cannot think of a better Masonic ring to wear and I cannot think of a better way to wear it.
"To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."
Steve Prefontaine
Radio Love View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Radio Love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2010 at 8:35pm
I wear mine pointed out and wear it with pride. That way it is easier for a passing brother to see it. I know from my experiences that it is easier for me to focus on a ring pointed out when another brother is wearing it. I first notice the gold and then I look to see if it is a brother. It helps in my case especially if someone is moving their hand fast. My two cents. There is not right or wrong way but I prefer it this way. 
Greg
Christiana Lodge #35
Delaware
Stormy View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2010 at 9:59pm
I wear my Masonic ring on my right ring finger with compasses facing out and my Lodge of Perfection ring on my right pinky with Yod facing out as well. Just the way I like to wear them.
Secretary, Somerville Lodge #721 F:.&A:.M:.

"One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane," Nikola Tesla
DBlair View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBlair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2010 at 1:47pm

Ring (Blue Lodge) proudly worn on right-hand ring finger, points of the compass facing out.

...with all the discussion about Masonic rings, I'm surprised nobody started a thread topic (similar to the motorcycle photo thread) for members to post photos of their rings. I've seen some great looking rings out there and I'm sure many of the brothers are proud of their rings and would like to show them off. Just a thought.
Hillsborough Lodge #25, F&AM (MM)
Grand Lodge of Florida (USA)
Valley of Tampa, AASR (32*)
Tampa Chapter #11, OES
Egypt Shriners, AAONMS
Young Egypt Shriners Club (Past President)
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2010 at 5:04pm
I dubbed mine........."The Thunder from Downunder".Big%20smile
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
PSquared View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 9:10am
I have seen conflicting arguments as to when one is allowed to wear the ring.  Some discussions say only once raised, others have said once entered?  Any thoughts on that?
I am petitioning this month and if accepted plan to not wear one until after I am raised.
Statham Lodge #634 F&AM, Statham,GA

Initiated: 6/24/10
Passed   : 9/23/10
Raised   : 10/29/10

Junior Deacon
2011 Mason of the Year
Statham #634
Daveee View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 9:13am
You are making a wise choice to wait.
S&F,

Dave
PSquared View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 9:15am
Personally, I feel once raised that is when I will have the right to wear it.  I am in no rush and plan to absorb it all as it should be absorbed in whatever time that takes to be the best possible MM.  

Junior Deacon
2011 Mason of the Year
Statham #634
CAMB.MASON View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAMB.MASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 9:16am
Originally posted by PSquared PSquared wrote:

I have seen conflicting arguments as to when one is allowed to wear the ring.  Some discussions say only once raised, others have said once entered?  Any thoughts on that?
I am petitioning this month and if accepted plan to not wear one until after I am raised.

It is normal that one wears one when they are raised.  Nothing states that an EA can not wear one, but that is just the norm. Once you are an EA you are a Brother, you can wear the Masonic Emblem proudly.  Totally up to  you, but I would ask someone in your Lodge first, sometimes jurisdictions and lodges vary in traditions.
I remain Fraternally Yours:

Curator & Historian
Cambridge Masonic Temple Cambridge, Massachusetts

PSquared View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 9:19am
I tend to be a "traditionalist" in most things anyway, so waiting suits me just fine. 

Junior Deacon
2011 Mason of the Year
Statham #634
newlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 10:19am
Waiting is defiantely the best way to go.  I just started wearing mine and I wear it on the ring finger on the right hand with the points out.  And like everyone has said when you do get yours wear it with pride.  I waited and in the months that I did not wear one I was learning and gaining knowledge and with knowledge greater appreciation for the meaning behind the fraternity and being a brother.  Although I am not as active as I would like to be ( I have moved and am seeking a new lodge), I am very proud to be a Mason and the ring symbolizes my love of the fraternity.
fireman99 View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireman99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 12:03pm
Waiting is the best.... just my thought.

Also, back to which way to wear your ring......... I tend to just put mine on and wear it with Pride. Sometimes the compass points towards me and sometimes away. I figure its a sign that sometimes I might need to be reminded and sometimes to show the world....
memphismason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote memphismason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 3:18pm
Here is the orrientation that I wear mine.  Right Hand, Ring and Pinky Finger.

Berclair #771, PM & current Secretary
Park Ave. York Rite
Memphis Scottish Rite - 32°KCCH, JW Chapter Rose Croix
Widows Sons, TN Grand Chapter
Al Chymia Shrine
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 3:21pm
My vote is to wait until one is raised.

Also, as to all the talk about the way the compass points are faced (which I admit, I think I started) there is no hard and fast rule about what it means; I think the point is that the way one wears the ring indicates one's attitude about it. After all, the average non-Mason isn't going to look at the way the points face and say, "Oh, he's telling me that he is a Mason," or "Oh, he's telling himself that he's a Mason."
DBlair View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBlair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 5:57pm
I don't know about the policy in other lodges (I previously assumed my lodge policy was universal), but in my lodge, members aren't allowed to wear a ring, pins, display a car badge, or anything else signifying membership until the brother has been raised. Also, there is the issue of the S&C and the details of how it relates to the MM degree, which could be part of the reason for this, but I'm really not sure of why this policy exists. It also seems to be one way we know who is a MM in our lodge, etc, and perhaps it is tied to how my lodge gives out a lapel pin (with the S&C and lodge name) immediately following the MM degree.

I must say though that it seems like being able to finally wear the ring, pin, and to display the car badge are like extra encouragement to learn the catechism, go up trough the degrees, and finally be raised. I must say that the excitement of finally being able to wear the ring, seems to be something constantly mentioned and discussed before and after the MM degree. It makes me wonder if some of the brothers would still go through all 3 degrees if they could wear the ring and other stuff right away after initiation.
Hillsborough Lodge #25, F&AM (MM)
Grand Lodge of Florida (USA)
Valley of Tampa, AASR (32*)
Tampa Chapter #11, OES
Egypt Shriners, AAONMS
Young Egypt Shriners Club (Past President)
PSquared View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PSquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2010 at 7:45pm
I agree, like I said.  My time will come, no rush.  I am a traditionalist and imagine , when raised, I will stay that way. 

Junior Deacon
2011 Mason of the Year
Statham #634
jmackeen View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jmackeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/29/2010 at 3:54pm
I wear mine on my right ring finger points facing me. It's my great grandfather's ring and he wore it that way, so I'm just carrying on the tradition.
newlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2010 at 7:29am
DBlair,  There are iindeed some who join just for the rings and car emblems as ridiculous as that may seem.  I remember in college a young man who was fairly shy and not good with the ladies at all decided to pledge a fraternity.  When he crossed over he went up to my fiance' at the time (she did beocme my wife of 18 yrs) and hug her from the back and ask her "now that I have my letters maybe you'll go out with me".  He thought those letters made him a better man or a more desireable man.  And many look at the S &C the same way.  Although I do not think many men join to get with the ladies, there is a prestige to wearing the S & C and some just want to be able to wear it.
A-Rough-Ashler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-Rough-Ashler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 6:32am
I wear mine on my left ring finger with the points pointed out it fits that finger better and it works better to show teen age girls comming out of the theater after seeing National Treasure, while telling her, "It's not all true, but a lot of it is."  After which her girl friends gathered around her and one asked her "What was it he showed you?"  To which she made motions trying to shape a square and compasses and saying something like "it was one of those symbol thingies."  I think they had something to talk about for a while.  I sure was fun for me!  If you can't have a little fun once and a while ...
And since I am no longer married it works out pretty good there as it is a little too tight for my right ring finger.  National Treasure was a good movie for us as we got about 4 or 5 requests to join in my e-mail box.  My address is on all my web sites.

Dave Warner
That little old WEBMASTERMASON Me!
ButchA View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ButchA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 7:35am
Right hand pinky, facing away.

Don't laugh or think I'm a little nutty, but I chose the right hand pinky after the scene in "National Treasure"...  (The scene where FBI agent (actor Harvey Keitel) and Ben Gates (lead actor/main star Nicholas Cage) are sitting down at the alter of that old church in New York City, the camera zooms in on the FBI agent's right hand pinky, and he is wearing a Masonic ring).

I did some research on Masonic rings and the direction to which they are worn.  One of the neatest descriptions on wearing the ring facing away from you was:  In the days of operative Masons, they would sometimes press their ring into wax, leaving an impression and/or seal.  With the ring worn facing away, it would make a "right side up" impression, if you made a fist and pressed your ring into something.

EA -- 01/14/10

FC -- 02/18/10

MM -- 03/25/10

= = = = = = = =

2013 Junior Warden - Tuckahoe Lodge #347 Richmond, Virginia

32° AASR - Valley of Richmond, Orient of Virginia

droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2010 at 7:41am
Interesting.
simple man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 11:38pm
Why not down towards fingers? When you wear a tie tack you don't turn it up towards you!!!!!!! LOL 
Initiated 03/04/2008
Passed 01/21/2013
Raised 02/04/2013

Chapter Austin #18
Council Henry C. Rigdon #35
Commandery Ivanhoe #10
TakRail View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TakRail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 11:54pm
Here is my article for our January Trestle Board...

Masonic Education: The Ring; How to wear it properly?

As there is only two possible ways to wear a ring; one way, or turn it around and wear it the other way; yet one question seems to come up continually; How to properly wear a Masonic Ring? Through extended research on the internet, it appears that it is a personal decision on what is considered the proper way to wear your ring.

I have heard it explained in many ways, however, three explanations seem to be the most explained. The first explanation is to wear the ring with the points of the extended compass pointing away from the wearer; if he is looking at his hands himself as the hand is flat in front of him with his figures pointed away from him. The reason behind this explanation is so that when another person is looking at the ring, they are able to see the Square and Compass as they would see it hanging on a wall or a building. The second explanation is to wear the ring so that the points of the extended compass is pointing towards the wearer. This explanation is to remind the wearer of his obligations. 

The third explanation, and the explanation that has the most meaning to me, is for the wearer to wear the ring with the points of the extended compass pointing towards the wearer; until he become the Master of the lodge; at which point he then turns the ring around so that the points of the extended compass are facing away from him. This explanation seems to have a more personal meaning to many Masons. This is because, as all Masons, except the Master, when they approach the alter, they see the points of the extended compass facing them, however, once a Mason becomes the Master, when he approaches the alter, the points of the compass are now facing away from him. 

Even though there are many explanations on how to properly wear a Masonic ring, I must say that there is really only one true way to wear a Masonic Ring… To wear it with PRIDE!!!

Initiated - April 27th 2007
Passed - June 13th 2007
Raised - August 8th 2007
AASR 32° - August 10th 2012

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2010 at 1:19am
on your finger!
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2010 at 3:12am
With pride
The Carrington Lodge (WAC 363)
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
18th Boucaut RC (AASR Australia 5)
The Carrington Lodge

TN_Mason View Drop Down
Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TN_Mason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2010 at 4:16am

I wear my ring with the pionts facing away.   I don't understand the need to be "reminded of my obligation"   My obligation is not something I am likely to forget. 

Above all, I wear my ring knowing I am representing masonry and always conduct myself accordingly. 
   F&AM

Entered- April 10th 2010
Passed- May 24th 2010
Raised- July 31st 2010
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2010 at 9:26am
I wear mine with the compass points towards my wrist because while I was kneeling at the altar, this is how the S & C were placed on the bible.  Wearing it that way always reminds me of my O & O and to act in a proper manner befitting a MM, as I am still a rough ashlar; although with each passing day, the roughness is passing and the square shape is becoming more apparent.  Each one of us is indeed "a work in progrress." 
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
cemab4y View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemab4y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2010 at 11:06am
I always enjoy these discussions. As I stated previously, the direction of the man, is far more important than the direction of ring. You should also remember, that when you are wearing any Masonic jewelry, or a Masonic license plate on your vehicle, you should remember, that to the rest of the world, YOU ARE Masonry! Remember your obligations, and govern yourself accordingly.
Charles E. Martin

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/charles-e-martin/13/a81/14

http://www.cemab4y.blogspot.com

http://www.twitter.com/cemab4y

http://www.dcmetronet.com/landseaandairlodge1iraq

&l
wking72650 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wking72650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2010 at 12:25pm
When i was raised in 1994 the senior member of the lodge came over to me and put a cheap little masonic ring on my right ring finger and told me that the ring was not a statis symbol, but a reminder of my obligation. I dont know if it was intentional or not, but when he put it on my finger the points were facing me.
I have wore the ring like that since.

E.A...12/10/93
F.C...03/21/94
M.M...07/22/94

Cadron Creek Lodge #736
Mt.Vernon, AR.

Widow sons
Arkansas grand chapter
YoungBlood View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2010 at 6:37pm
Right ring finger facing away.
That way it's not upside down when people ask to see it.
I - Oct 17, 2009

P - Jan 16, 2010

R - March 6, 2010

Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret - Nov 13, 2010

Sir Knight - Feb 26, 201
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2010 at 10:47pm
Like this!!!!!!!! 

fixed by edwmax

Edited by simple man - December/27/2010 at 6:01pm
Initiated 03/04/2008
Passed 01/21/2013
Raised 02/04/2013

Chapter Austin #18
Commandery Ivanhoe #10
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2010 at 3:36pm
Just got the call that I will be raised this friday.

So amped for it you can not believe.
E: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10
MW Prince Hall GL of Alabama F&AM

I'm a moderator?

"You can't trust those fellowcrafts...bunch of rogues and murderers!"
fireman99 View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireman99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2010 at 3:43pm
Outstanding.....we have a Brother getting raised Thursday.....
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simple man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2010 at 4:22pm
Awesome and Congrats to you Brother...
Initiated 03/04/2008
Passed 01/21/2013
Raised 02/04/2013

Chapter Austin #18
Commandery Ivanhoe #10
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic