Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > The Northwest Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post your Lodge pics here..........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schnider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2009 at 8:16am

The building the lodge is in was built in the 1800's, but the lodge was actually formed in 1873.  That is carpet you see, and there is some blue in the carpet, it's just hard to see from that picture.  The photos on the walls are of Past Masters from the beginning of the lodge.  The population of our town is only about 3000, so the size of the lodge is about perfect.  There is a fellowship area also that is rather large.

2B1ASK1
Backwoodsgold View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Backwoodsgold Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 12:22am
http://www.fraternalphotos.com/graphics/albums/trinity01/trinity01.html

A Brother from Peru(I believe that's were he's from) came up a few years back and put together a photo album and website. Great pics of some of the lodges around MS and other places. I am a member of Trinity Lodge #88.

http://www.fraternalphotos.com/albums07.html

Edited by Backwoodsgold - June/18/2009 at 12:25am
CAMB.MASON View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAMB.MASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 9:29am
nice pics brother backwoodsgold, in all the pics i have seen what are the rods in the east used for?   to me they look like steward rods.
I remain Fraternally Yours:

Curator & Historian
Cambridge Masonic Temple Cambridge, Massachusetts

ehud3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehud3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/06/2009 at 12:12pm
good Smile
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/07/2009 at 10:20am
Schnider-Can you please contact me regarding your lodgeroom? It has the appearance of what our temple board i trying to acheive.
PM Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
GC Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2009 at 11:38am
Great looking pics here.  Thanks for sharing.  I just took a picture of the outside of our building yesterday, but have yet to get some of the inside...will try to get those soon.

Marion Lodge #130 - Salem, Illinois

Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAMB.MASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2009 at 8:12am
love to see pics of the inside, was it a york rite temple when built or just blue lodges?

Curator & Historian

eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2009 at 2:37pm
This is our Lodge in East Liverpool, Ohio.

Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2009 at 3:34pm
I'm not 100%, but think it was built as a Blue Lodge.  I'll find out.

Eagle...What a GREAT looking old building!  Looks like it has a lot of character.
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2009 at 4:01pm
http://geocities.com/kkroeger1963/

The Eastern Star Temple - Sacramento CA
This is the site that Jerry's daughter & I put together.  Our Hall Board is no longer keeping it up, so the e-mail address is no longer any good.  I still like the pictures.
Directly across the street from us, is Sutter's Fort, & across from the Fort on the other side is Pioneer Church.  Three historical site's to see together for the traveler.

Edited by De Darrah - August/17/2009 at 4:11pm
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Lighthouse View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lighthouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/17/2009 at 5:24pm
De...that building is gorgeous!
-Brent

Naval Lodge No. 87 (Vallejo, CA): Secretary & Trestle Board Editor
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 3:18am
BanditBBQ "Eagle...What a GREAT looking old building!  Looks like it has a lot of character."
 It really does. We just had our 150 year reconsecrate with Ohio Grand Master Charles R. Murphy. There is 4 floors and a basement but the woodwork in this building is so beautiful. There is a ton of history that goes with it.  Thank You Brother.

Lighthouse " De...that building is gorgeous!" Thank you Brother, it is a pleasing sight to the eyes. It does have a few areas that still need some work, she is very old.  I appreciate you comments Brothers. Thanks

Lighthouse I see you are in Navy Lodge #87. Outstanding.  I served in the U.S. Navy for 11 years ( 11 years consecutive sea duty ) 3 ships back to back. After my Navy days and many years later I became a Master Mason.  If I knew then what I know now...Cool
May we always meet on the level!
Larry

Edited by eagle-751 - August/18/2009 at 3:36am
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 3:33am
BanditBBQ, Your Lodge looks New! Very nice. She really looks good Brother.

Edited by eagle-751 - August/18/2009 at 3:36am
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
Lighthouse View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lighthouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 9:29am
Originally posted by eagle-751 eagle-751 wrote:

Lighthouse I see you are in Navy Lodge #87. Outstanding.  I served in the U.S. Navy for 11 years ( 11 years consecutive sea duty ) 3 ships back to back. After my Navy days and many years later I became a Master Mason.  If I knew then what I know now...Cool
May we always meet on the level!
Larry

Heh...that's a common misconception because of the name. Naval Lodge started out in 1855 to serve the Masons at Mare Island Naval Shipyards - actual Navy personnel - but has long since been inclusive of everyone else. I don't believe there is a single man active in the military within the lodge, though we've got plenty of retirees and others who have served. 

I've got to get some pictures up on the forum of the lodge itself. The current building was built in 1973 and it shows in design, but it's still impressive and has a fantastic view as it sits at the top of a hill.  
-Brent

Naval Lodge No. 87 (Vallejo, CA): Secretary & Trestle Board Editor
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 9:52am
Thanks.  I really need to learn more about the building itself, but believe it was built in the 1930's.  When I'm able to get in there and get some more pictures, I'll try to find out more.  I'm working on a website for the lodge as well.  The 'working' site is online at http://www.gosalem.com/freemason ...I'm doing it without very much direction, so am definitely open to ideas. 
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 11:26am
Originally posted by Lighthouse Lighthouse wrote:

Heh...that's a common misconception because of the name. Naval Lodge started out in 1855 to serve the Masons at Mare Island Naval Shipyards - actual Navy personnel - but has long since been inclusive of everyone else. I don't believe there is a single man active in the military within the lodge, though we've got plenty of retirees and others who have served. 

I've got to get some pictures up on the forum of the lodge itself. The current building was built in 1973 and it shows in design, but it's still impressive and has a fantastic view as it sits at the top of a hill.  

Hmmm, Yes the name got me as well.  Looking forward to seeing some of the pictures of the Lodge.  Here is a picture of our Lodge room. You can not see the balcony behind me! I too need to get new pictures with the balcony.  Take care Brother.
Larry

Edited by eagle-751 - August/18/2009 at 11:37am
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 11:55am
Originally posted by BanditBBQ BanditBBQ wrote:

Thanks.  I really need to learn more about the building itself, but believe it was built in the 1930's.  When I'm able to get in there and get some more pictures, I'll try to find out more.  I'm working on a website for the lodge as well.  The 'working' site is online at http://www.gosalem.com/freemason ...I'm doing it without very much direction, so am definitely open to ideas. 

Good Job Brother.  I too am the web master of our Lodge web page. Our link is http://riddlelodge.webng.com/index.htm I have been keeping up with it sense February  I believe, the old site had not been touched sense 2004! I like the new look much better now. 
  Everything I have seen on your web page looks good, I see some of your links are offline but you did say " working site " so I think you are doing great.  Take care Brother and keep up the good work!
Larry
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 2:22pm
Thanks for checking the site out.  We've never had a website for the lodge...this is simply a working site until we get it where it needs to be with information.  Other than passing the address on to a couple of brothers in the lodge, this forum is the only place I've listed the temp site.

You seem to have some really good links on your site, though with the slower connection I have here at work, I wasn't able to pull up the pages.  I'll have to check the site out when I get home.
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2009 at 3:50am

Thanks for checking the site out.  We've never had a website for the lodge...this is simply a working site until we get it where it needs to be with information.  Other than passing the address on to a couple of brothers in the lodge, this forum is the only place I've listed the temp site.

You seem to have some really good links on your site, though with the slower connection I have here at work, I wasn't able to pull up the pages.  I'll have to check the site out when I get home.

I look at as many Masonic sites as I can. Still seeking light!  If there is any information you still need let me know I just may be able to help. If I can I will.   If you can use any of my links please feel free to use what ever you can.  Thank for looking at Riddle Lodge #315 web page.

Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2009 at 8:22am
Thanks will do.  You too.  :)
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/04/2009 at 2:32pm

Though I don't have any new pics as of yet, I did want to let you know that the website is coming along nicely and is far enough along that the Grand Lodge of Illinois has approved it for listing on their website...another step closer to growth! 

I am very open to ideas, suggestions, comments and nods if you'd like to take a moment to check out the new site.  It's still a work in progress, but MUCH further along than a couple of weeks ago.  Online @ http://www.gosalem.com/freemasons .

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2009 at 9:11pm
I like it. You have done a very good job on it and it shows. The last time I looked at it the links did not work, now almost all of them do!  Great job.
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 7:03am

I like it. You have done a very good job on it and it shows. The last time I looked at it the links did not work, now almost all of them do!  Great job.

Thanks Eagle-751!  It's been a lot of fun to work on, and still have a couple of pages I'm working on for the Shrine Club too...those will be unveiled in due time.

Any suggestions?

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Marion Lodge #130 ~ Salem, Illinois
Online: http://www.MarionLodge130.com

Initiated : 23rd February 2009
Passed   : 13th May 2009
Raised    : 4th August 2009
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 10:45am
Yes it is fun, I do enjoy working on our web page, I have been updating all the Members Birthday and that will be on-line soon, by month and then by day. ( NO year ) Some have ask not to have it listed and I agreed that I will not have any years listed. I am planning on showing one month at a time for now, in January have a page listing all 12 months and each will be linked to it. ( that is my plan anyway. )
   Your page does look good, keep up the good work, I know you Lodge appreciates it!
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/08/2009 at 12:27pm

Eagle, your site looks good...very informative.

I've been through East Liverpool.  It's been a few years, but I have friends in both Lisbon and Salem, and used to get out there several times a year.  Pretty area.

joshuhwha View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshuhwha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2009 at 5:19pm
:P

I do not have any other pics of the outside or inside :(

found one more

Edited by joshuhwha - September/11/2009 at 5:20pm
Joshua
Master Mason
Richmond Michigan Lodge #187
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 5:29am

Eagle, your site looks good...very informative.

I've been through East Liverpool.  It's been a few years, but I have friends in both Lisbon and Salem, and used to get out there several times a year.  Pretty area.

What a small world.... Next time you are in this way you will have to call and we can hook up. If you are lucky enough to be on the first or second Tuesday we can go to the Lodge. If you plan on coming PM me for my phone #. I pass Lisbon and Salem to go to work everyday.  Now the last time I was in Texas it was in 95 in Corpus Cristi. My first Navy ship is now a museum there, the U.S.S. Lexington AVT-16 I was stationed on Her for almost 6 years in Pensacola, Fl.
 Have a good one and let me know if you pass this way.
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
joshuhwha View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshuhwha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 8:47am
Hmmmm so do all of u guys use the electric lights? My lodge uses candles (have no pics of it tho :( )
Joshua
Master Mason
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 8:56am
Originally posted by joshuhwha joshuhwha wrote:

Hmmmm so do all of u guys use the electric lights? My lodge uses candles (have no pics of it tho :( )

Yes, we do......we got with the times....and our lights are "environmentally friendly"

CANDLES..............????????Confused
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 10:00am

What a small world...Have a good one and let me know if you pass this way.

Though I don't have any plans for the near future, I will DEFINITELY let you know!  Thanks!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 10:01am

We use lights that flicker like candles.  The filiment in each bulb is the Masonic logo.

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2009 at 10:07am
I'd love to have a projector tv, or big screen, in our Lodge...pretty nifty!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim

:P

I do not have any other pics of the outside or inside :(

found one more

joshuhwha View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshuhwha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2009 at 1:54am
We have the lights but we took a vote, and it was voted that we go back to candles.

And yes, it's a nice thing to have, since we started a "movie night" and so forth to get brothers together an enjoy the time spent. also has a surround sound ! :D
Joshua
Master Mason
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2009 at 12:20pm

Edited by De Darrah - September/15/2009 at 3:40pm
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2009 at 6:55pm
Nice ones De Dar.
Didn't see you in the pics........a little shy?
I'm sure Max will reply about the cars.Big%20smile

De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2009 at 7:07pm
Oh I'm just so shy (lol).  I'm the one taking the snaps.  That is my tall guy looking at the black beauty.  I should have taken more snaps of the cars, they lined both sides of the street for three blocks.  It was also the third car show we saw on the trip.  Everyone was out driving the coast Hwy in their pride and joy.  The 5th snap down was taken from our hotel room.  I like the lodges Masonic Dogs set up you can take it anywhere.
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
djaeon View Drop Down
Entered Apprentice
Entered Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djaeon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2009 at 11:00am
Very cool:)
John D. Spreckles Lodge #657 F.&A.M.
Entered - 10/19/09; Passed - 2/8/10; Raised - 4/26/10
Al Bhar Shrine - 5/22/10
Kintora View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 4:29am
In Fargo, ND:

First, our Masonic temple that was in use from 1902 until 1968 "when it became another victim of urban renewal." Hard to see in this picture, but that's a Scottish Rite eagle at the very top.

Our current Masonic temple/center. The stone out front is from the old temple.

If anyone is interested in seeing more detailed pics of the old temple, you can go here.

Some of the history can be found here.
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 4:34am
Verrryyyy nice.......Thumbs%20Up
Can we see inside?Confused

Kintora View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kintora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 4:44am
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

Can we see inside?Confused

I don't currently have any pictures of inside, but I will post some once I do. Wink

On a side note, I just visited the Grand Lodge of Japan and took some pictures there, so I'll post those in an appropriate thread later.
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 4:48am
Grand Lodge of Japan .....?
That would be interesting.Big%20smile

nhamel View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nhamel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 9:40am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU54UguUXgM
you Tube of the grand lodge of japan
AE. 1/09
FC. 2/09
MM.3/09
Morning Sun # 5 http://www.vtfreemasons.org/lodges/bridport.asp

De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 11:52am
That was beautiful.
De
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
<
BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 11:59am
WOW!  What an impressive Lodge!

tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/01/2009 at 5:46pm
Very good.Big%20smile

healy61 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote healy61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/17/2010 at 10:33pm
New member of the forum today.  In Coldwater we have the candles.  I hope I can get a few pics  up for viewing.  It is an old lodge building that was a museum back in 1860 to 1885.
1961 Healy is fine auto.
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAMB.MASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 8:44am
like to see some pics healy.

Curator & Historian

BanditBBQ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BanditBBQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 7:40pm
We have finally updated our site with a new address.  http://www.MarionLodge130.com .  Now to just get more pictures online!

3DistinctKnocks View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 4:33am
Originally posted by CAMB.MASON CAMB.MASON wrote:

yea we have a wood like that here in the US, i think it came from the south, hardens over time, maybe one of our southern members can remind me of the name of the wood. my aunts apartment here in cambridge, had moundling that was made from it, you can bend a 12D nail into it and it still bends. thanks tm274 for the updates
It's called "bodock" (two syllables).  Some folks call it a horseapple tree.  Bodock comes from the French "bois d'arc".  Its kinda orange(ish) when fresh, turns a beautiful burned-copper when dry and varnished.

Edited by 3DistinctKnocks - February/14/2010 at 4:56am
Past Master
Pontotoc Lodge #81 F.&A.M.
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
3DistinctKnocks View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/14/2010 at 4:44am
Here's the interior of Pontotoc Lodge #81 in Mississippi.  Camera is facing East.  Gotta love that orange carpet!!

Edited by 3DistinctKnocks - February/14/2010 at 4:52am
Past Master
Pontotoc Lodge #81 F.&A.M.
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic