Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PHA > Prince Hall Affiliated
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Masonic Tattoos

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Masonic Tattoos
    Posted: April/17/2009 at 12:19pm

I saw a person with a masonic tattoo on his forearm and thought this was a good place to ask a question. How do you challenge this person on his craft and if he is found not to be profecient in his craft how is he disciplined or maybe that is a strong word, how is he handled. Because if someone is not proficient and he is wearing light (hat,ring,ect) he could be asked to take it off until he is capable of protecting that light. Am I right wrong or just your thoughts in general.

Thanks
Confused???
Jrze
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by Jrze Jrze wrote:

I saw a person with a masonic tattoo on his forearm and thought this was a good place to ask a question. How do you challenge this person on his craft and if he is found not to be profecient in his craft how is he disciplined or maybe that is a strong word, how is he handled. Because if someone is not proficient and he is wearing light (hat,ring,ect) he could be asked to take it off until he is capable of protecting that light. Am I right wrong or just your thoughts in general.

Thanks
Confused???
Personally, I don't go for this trying to catch people out with questions about the Craft. And I don't go around 24 hours a day thinking about Freemasonry, so I'd probably be the first person caught out with a question. But DON'T try and tell me to take my Masonic ring off.
Now as for a man with a Tattoo. He'd be pretty stupid wearing a tattoo and not being a Mason.
A man tells me he's a Mason.............take his word for it.

Edited by tm274 - April/17/2009 at 8:14pm
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
Spanawaydude View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanawaydude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 7:49pm
a tattoo? Wouldnt that fall as a violation on his OB? Promise and swear that I will not w,i,p,p,s,s,h,c,c,m or e? I dunno about that one. However, yeah pretty dumb to get a Masonis tat if he isnt one. Im not one for catching folks out either, but approach him in a loose manner, just through general converstion, I can always tell if someone is on "the square" or not. Its not always about coming out with challenge questions.
Bro Kirven
Spanaway Lodge #83
Washington Jurisdiction
As Salam Temple #215
Oasis of Seoul,Desert of Korea

M.Larkins View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.Larkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 10:25pm
Our Sw has the emblems for all the masonic bodies that he is in tatooed on his body.  The S&C and the the Scottish Rites Eagle on one arm.  I think he is getting the Templar Cross and the Shriners emblem on the other arm.   Really nice work too.   After seeing his,  the thought has crossed my mind too.
Initiated:10/23/04
Passed:02/02/05
Raised:05/04/05
Pilgrim Lodge 691
Steubenville, Ohio
32PRINCE View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 32PRINCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2009 at 9:38pm
Spanaway, a Tat is not a violation of our OB, if it were, so would rings,hats, etc.
cassellcausey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cassellcausey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2009 at 6:41pm
I can say that I am not thinking about Freemasonry 24 hrs a day but I do carry my blue card with me everywhere I go... ask him to see it and if he has it then teach the brother. I the case if you see a brother with a tattoo I hope he does know his Lit.... or that just a stupid move.
M.W.P.H.G.L. of Ohio
Bro. Causey
Jrze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2009 at 7:27pm

Hey thanks for the response I agree with your view point of not trying or testing someone just because they were light. If you have it on I'm under the assumption you are a mason. But if the conversation become deeper then yes ask a few questions and move on.

But do you think it's ok to get a masonic tattoo or do you not really care either way?

Thanks again for the hitback.
Jrze
Jrze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2009 at 7:38pm

Hey Larkins,

Great post and thanks for the hitup.

Jrze
Jrze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2009 at 7:39pm
Prince,

Can you explain a little.

Thanks for the hitup.
Jrze
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2009 at 7:47pm
A tattoo is SO permanent and will require a lot of thought as to where it is to be placed.
Should you get one where it's in sight everyday, you just may get some anti Masons subjecting you to ridicule or people who just have it in for Freemasonry and therefore unable to keep it from view, unlike a ring which can be removed......just for the sake of peace.  Believe you me......there are some people out there can be very vile and will not accept any answer except their own. I've come across one or two. Religion can warp people's senses very easily.

I don't have any problems with small tattoos, but big ugly tattoos I have issues with, and I'd be glad to meet someone with the S&C tattoo.Thumbs%20Up

Jrze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2009 at 7:58pm
TM,
What a great response.  People can be very anti mason because they don't know.

Thanks again for the hitup!!!!!
Jrze
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2009 at 8:03pm
Freemasonry has been good for me.
It has "reinforced" in me to be true to myself and others.

32PRINCE View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 32PRINCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2009 at 8:32am
Sure jrze, a tattoo reveals nothing in our ritual, so it is fine. If it did reveal the  L, L, O S.I would be against it.
willegrove View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willegrove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2010 at 10:21am
First of all they would have to cover your light and then challenging you when they do to avoid it going any further all you have to say is let there be light and they the challenger can't take it any further.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willegrove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2010 at 10:26am
Ok I'm wm of my lodge and I would like to say it is not a violation its justlike wearinga ring or shirt just as long as you don't give away any secrets.
Hoodwinked133 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoodwinked133 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2010 at 11:52am
Just curious, what happens when a Brother is suspended or expelled? I've Brothers take the light off their car when expelled.
MWPHGLCA
Orange Valley #13
IE Chapter #18
IE Council #5
BF Talbot Commandery #9
Riverside Consistory #273
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willegrove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2010 at 12:09pm
You can not force them to take any thing off. Anyone can go and buy anything masonic but that is not wise of that person to do so. They should be treated as clandestine .
Tassie Bob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tassie Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2010 at 6:57pm
HI ALL FROM DOWN UNDER,
 I AM LOOKING AT GETTING MYSELF A MASONIC TATTOO AS OVER THE YEARS IN THE LODGE
 I HAVE CAME ACCROSS SOME VERY NICE MASONIC SYMBOLS.
AND HAVE DECIDED TO GET MYSELF A MASONIC BACK TATT.
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF SOME GOOD SITES OF SUCH TATTS SO I CAN GET A FEW IDEAS PLEASE.
ALSO IF YOU ARE SURFIN THE WEB GO AND LOOK AT THE MASONIC MOTORCYCLE ASSOCIATION OF AUSTRALIAS WEB PAGE WWW.THEMMAA.COM.AU OR MY CHAPTER HOME PAGE  http://lodgepembroke.org/MMAATas/index.htm HAS SOME PHOTOS OF OUR RIDES AND SOME OF THE TASMANIAN BROTHERS
THANKS TAKE CARE
Tasman
newlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2010 at 9:50pm
Getting a masonic tatoo in my opinion is simply indication of your passion for the craft because it is permanant.  That being said I do believe that if you get one, you should be one of the most proficient  brothers out there.  No no one can take it off you, but if you dont know your stuff, you would  simply look ridiculous.
Nosameerf View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nosameerf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 3:12am

Thanks
Confused???

Just out of interest, do you think that you are competent enough in the Craft to challenge the masonic proficiency of someone with a masonic tattoo?
Daveee View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 5:38am
I don't think the square and compasses are "Secrets"....
S&F,

Dave
NuPHAmilymember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NuPHAmilymember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 10:01am
Why do they say that getting a tattoo goes against your OB?  If that is so than getting a cap, shirt, jacket, or the emblem on your car would be as well. 

Edited by NuPHAmilymember - March/08/2010 at 10:02am
Coastal Bend Lodge No. 497
Corpus Christi, TX
MWPHGLofTX
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A

I walk in the Light never lowering my standards to meet another's, remembering always that I am someone's image of a MASON.
Jrze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/08/2010 at 10:37am
(Why do they say that getting a tattoo goes against your OB?  If that is so than getting a cap, shirt, jacket, or the emblem on your car would be as well.)
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NuPHAmilymember,

Great point maybe a PM, WM or a well seasoned Brother could answer that question for everyone.

Thanks
Jrze
saltyone View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saltyone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/10/2010 at 11:32pm
I would think that it truly shows his commitment to the Craft. Also, because of the tat, I hope he always conducts himself as a Mason should. My S&C on my car really helps me to drive better...LOL. My ring reminds me to square my actions at all times lest I do something to cast unfavorable light on Masonry.

I don't see anything wrong with him having the tattoo as long as his actions are in keeping with his obligation.
sbejarano View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sbejarano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 12:26am
Dear brothers:
During my EA preparation and after being initiated I also showed a lot of emotion and Ignorance. The day of my initiation I used a pin lapel of a Master Mason and I was not even initiated I though of it as regular people does with a US flag or any other emblem ,I was approached by the Senior Warden who discretely and with a smile told me “Dear sir, I noticed you are wearing a Master Mason Sign and you are not even a Mason yet, I would recommend you to save it for a later time when you reach that level otherwise the MM brothers here present will take it in a wrong way” I felt myself in default and the worst I felt myself “IGNORANT”.
I also had a hat, a bronze one already placed in the back of my truck but here comes one of the good lessons for Patience, I still have my hat, that lapel pin and a ring waiting for the right time when I get raised and can wear them with pleasure and honor to the fraternity, reading some of your comments and knowing that all of you have been through that process I wonder if you remember your experiences and mishaps while learning.
I would ask you with all due respect to exercise the same Patience with us "Masons on the make" because I am sure we will make more mistakes in the process.
The craft comes with many questions and few answers and is a lifetime en devour.
I enjoy Tattoos I personally find them an expression or art, they are also for some people landmarks which remind them of things, some happiness some tragedy but is a great deal to put something permanently on your skin, remember the 4 CV and mostly the one that says PRUDENCE expose yourself only when necessary, The quieter you become the more you can hear.
Let me tell you there are many people out there posing as Masons listen to what they have to say, the moment they know you are a real Mason they will leave the scene. Unfortunately thanks to Google you can find a lot about the craft and signs any jewelry will sell you a costly Masonic Ring without asking and I would like to tell people and are showing the signs and are not Masons to think a little bit about this question:

If you are not a Mason why would you like to expose your Ignorance?

I am proud to be a "Mason on the make", and I know this will lead my path to be a better father and leave a legacy of moral values to my kids rather than just money and institutional education!

Note: I hope I am not in default again posting on an MM forum

Edited by sbejarano - March/17/2010 at 12:30am
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 2:38am
sbejarano
A nice little experience you had with the SW and the words of wisdom probably saved you from embarrassment as wearing a 3rd degree emblem without "the knowledge" will leave you floundering.
You'll enjoy your "lapel pin" and other Masonic jewellery much more on obtaining your 3rd degree.
Then the SW will nod in approval.Wink

Jedi Stranger View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jedi Stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 9:54am

Mr.  Sbejarano do you remember hearing something along the lines of "here you stand upright a ________" . Yes you might not be a "MM" but you are a "M". So dont let them tell you otherwise. That's a pet peeve with me. I've watched so-called "MM" handle, harass. and challege the "EA" and the "FC" because there are not "a mason yet" they should read word for word and not skim the rit. It's in your charge I think. Take a look alittle firepower to fight back with my friend. I was full of "fire" when I came in things like that have really slowed me down and put a bad taste in my mouth about the craft

MWPHGL Of LA. Acacia #248
RA Chapter Gesthemane #3
N.O. Council #1 (Cryptic)
Pelican Commandary Jericho #5

Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A
Jrze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2010 at 10:38am
It's great to want to wear light but before you do you must be instucted on how to protect that light. Remember your new name. And understand Masonry is so much more than a hat or ring. It's a lifestye and a way of life. Show that you are a soon to be mason by you demeanor and how you present yourself on a daily basis. Let that shine brighter than any pin,hat,ring, or emblem could ever do.

Peace Brother and Travel LightThumbs%20Up
Jrze
larrym View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larrym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2010 at 6:24am
I don't think a man would get a Masonic tattoo if he's not a Mason. Why will he do that? It will only attract anti Masons.
TexasCop View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2010 at 11:48am
Originally posted by Spanawaydude Spanawaydude wrote:

a tattoo? Wouldnt that fall as a violation on his OB? Promise and swear that I will not w,i,p,p,s,s,h,c,c,m or e? I dunno about that one. However, yeah pretty dumb to get a Masonis tat if he isnt one. Im not one for catching folks out either, but approach him in a loose manner, just through general converstion, I can always tell if someone is on "the square" or not. Its not always about coming out with challenge questions.
That's in regards to the secrets of Freemasonry.  Having a tattoo of the square and compasses hardly falls under that category considering every lodge on the planet has it mounted to the front of their building. 
Initiated: 01/26/2010
Passed: 03/11/2010
Raised: 04/06/2010

Carrollton #1400 A.F. & A.M.
MasterHangman33 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterHangman33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2010 at 7:13pm
Getting One very soon. I have many other tattoos as well. I also have a back piece started, when it is done, it will be fantastic, i can't wait.
Worshipful Master
Trenton/Wyandotte #8
PHP Trenton Chapter #173
Union Council #11
Valley of Detroit A.A.S.R

TexasCop View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 7:48am
I want one as well, but am having a hard time determining where and what.  The only part of my body not tattooed is my back and my right leg, so it will probably go in one of those places.  Most likely the back.

Jrze View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jrze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 8:48am

Nothing has been U.O. by wearing Light. I think if you are not in violation of that all is fine.

Just be ready to protect your Light.Geek
Read Read Read!!!!!
Jrze
TexasCop View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TexasCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 11:30am
I'm going to buy one of those tyler's swords with the square and compasses on it.  That way I'll have a LIGHT SABER to protect my light.

pah dump dump.

phllip1969 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phllip1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 1:57pm

Thanks
Confused???

I have been a Mason for many years , but not until recently , I have lived in my little Masonic bubble of my jurisdiction and have never looked into Masonry on the internet . I have been reading these threads about greeting Masons , what Grips should a Mason use when in public etc; etc; so with this being said .........

I have a few questions , why would you challenge a stranger outside of a Lodge setting if he is not trying to get into a Lodge where he is not known ? And if he isn't proficient why would he need to be handled or disciplined ? This challenging/trying/testing men in public is completely alien to me , is this a Prince Hall tradition ? This happened to me while visiting family up North and I had no idea why they were doing it in a Wal-Mart , I wasn't looking to put on an EA degree in the sporting goods section , and because they would not take "this is not the time nor the place" for answer so I walked away . They were African Americans and I will not automatically assume they were PHA Masons due to the color of their skin , but I was confused by the entire episode because I have never have found a reason to test a man in public .

And lastly , I have read this more than a few times on this site and it has baffled me also but how in the world does one "wear light"  ? Are you calling a ring , hat , shirt or anything with a Masonic insignia on it as "Light" ? . Not trying to stir things up , just trying to figure out all these differences .
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 6:54pm
Philip1969.I'm with you.
Being from Oz, we don't have this type of charade as we take a person's word when he says he's a Mason, and then invite him to Lodge if he's a visitor, and the Tyler will determine if he should/shouldn't enter the Lodge.
Now I'm going to be visiting USA very shortly and one thing I won't tolerate is some bloke coming up and asking me to prove myself  in the middle of nowhere.

If my words not good enough.........they can lump it.

Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by phllip1969 phllip1969 wrote:

I have been a Mason for many years , but not until recently , I have lived in my little Masonic bubble of my jurisdiction and have never looked into Masonry on the internet . I have been reading these threads about greeting Masons , what Grips should a Mason use when in public etc; etc; so with this being said .........

I have a few questions , why would you challenge a stranger outside of a Lodge setting if he is not trying to get into a Lodge where he is not known ? And if he isn't proficient why would he need to be handled or disciplined ? This challenging/trying/testing men in public is completely alien to me , is this a Prince Hall tradition ? This happened to me while visiting family up North and I had no idea why they were doing it in a Wal-Mart , I wasn't looking to put on an EA degree in the sporting goods section , and because they would not take "this is not the time nor the place" for answer so I walked away . They were African Americans and I will not automatically assume they were PHA Masons due to the color of their skin , but I was confused by the entire episode because I have never have found a reason to test a man in public .

And lastly , I have read this more than a few times on this site and it has baffled me also but how in the world does one "wear light"  ? Are you calling a ring , hat , shirt or anything with a Masonic insignia on it as "Light" ? . Not trying to stir things up , just trying to figure out all these differences .

I think this challenging (in public) is only done by those that think they have something to prove or thugs using Masonry as an excuse to steal property.  

I call my ring a ring.  I have heard it referred to as light.  Do like me and shake your head and continue on your way. 

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
cowboy View Drop Down
Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 9:38pm
as much as i like being a mason, i don't think that i personally would get a masonic tattoo. i do plan on getting another tattoo, though; just don't know of what or where.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phllip1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 6:44am
Originally posted by Flotown79 Flotown79 wrote:

I think this challenging (in public) is only done by those that think they have something to prove or thugs using Masonry as an excuse to steal property.  

I call my ring a ring.  I have heard it referred to as light.  Do like me and shake your head and continue on your way. 

These Masons who accosted me , which is what is was in my eyes plain and simple , were young . One put his hand over my ring and they both started firing questions off at me . This floored me . My non-Mason family member who was with me asked me if that was a "Mason" thing . All I could say was , "where I from it is not"  . I have thought of that day often , but never took the time to ferret out answers as to why until now that I have read about it on the internet .

Oh , and one of the young men called me a "Square" . I thought he was saying that I wasn't cool , LOL ! I now have found out some use this as a greeting between Masons . Learn something new every day .

But I will heed your advice and continue on my way .

Edited by phllip1969 - April/06/2010 at 2:50pm
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phllip1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 6:57am
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

Philip1969.I'm with you.
Being from Oz, we don't have this type of charade as we take a person's word when he says he's a Mason, and then invite him to Lodge if he's a visitor, and the Tyler will determine if he should/shouldn't enter the Lodge.
Now I'm going to be visiting USA very shortly and one thing I won't tolerate is some bloke coming up and asking me to prove myself  in the middle of nowhere.

If my words not good enough.........they can lump it.

Agreed , I have bumped into Masons while in public in my town that I do not know . I have never given a grip   or a challenge . I have invited them to my lodge , and if the 3 brothers on the visitors committee finds them to be Masons , then I am good with that and they can set in lodge with me . I have know reason to doubt a Man's word and if he is lying it is still no skin off my teeth as I do not make it a point to talk about degree work , ritual , Obligations or Modes of recognition outside of Lodge anyway .
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phllip1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2010 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Flotown79 Flotown79 wrote:

One last thing . Flotown79 , is this challenging of strangers a widespread thing throughout PHA Masonry , or just from certain areas of the country ? And is it sanctioned or allowed by their Lodges/Grand Lodges ? And you mentioned the stealing of one's property , are you saying that if a stranger fails to answer the questions posed to them correctly that they may take (or think they can) another Masons/mans ring ? I'm sorry for all the questions , but this really has me stumped .

Oh , so I will not completely high jack this thread . If anyone wants to get a Masonic tattoo , I see nothing wrong with it as long as it is in good taste .
SquareLevelPlumb View Drop Down
Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquareLevelPlumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2010 at 1:33pm
I was thinking of getting "THE WORKING TOOLS" on my left arm. Im a Carpenter by trade so i dont think it will be too BAD!!
king_ph_tx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_ph_tx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2010 at 3:01pm

Greetings Bretheren,

Wow, so many questions have gone through this post.  I am glad that there is somthing like this for ALL masonic bodies to reach out to.  Well for starters getting a Masonic tattoo is NOT a violation of any Mansonic OB, By-Laws, Rules or Guidelines.  I see that someone mentioned the OB but didnt finish the statement.  Remember wherby the _____ of ___ may be... (you know the rest) having the G, compass, and square on your body is not a violation to the obligation.  I also see the subject of being "Challenged" came up as well.  As a young bruh this happens alot.  I want everyone to keep in mind yes challenging is apart of mansonary to ensure you are not talking  to a "cowan" or "eavesdropper" however this is only when that perosn is trying to obtain knowledge about mansanary and you DO NOT  know them to be a Mason.  A mason challenging another Mason for his items is not allowed.  Lets remember our FC obligaltion... and what you said you WILL NOT do to your worthy brother.  Covering of light should only be done if a brother is out of his due bounds and not acting accroding to the  OB he took.  Other then that if a man presents himself as a mason to you to greet you... greet him and continue traveling.

.::Let There Be Light::.
Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquareLevelPlumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2010 at 3:45pm

GREAT STUFF!!!

Im working on my MASONICE "IQ" @ my lodge theres so many people telling you to do this and NOT do that. It becomes confusing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_ph_tx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2010 at 3:51pm
SLP, Thats why its always good to read and get a understanding for yourself.  if you ask 10 Masons 1 question you are liable to get 10 different answers.  It may not be because someone is wrong.  Its as simple as each individual got somthing different from what they have read.  Masonary dates back so far sometimes you have to understand Operative Masonary to really translate Speculative Masonary.  best place to start is why are we free and accepted?
Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquareLevelPlumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2010 at 4:03pm

Bro

I been working with cement for 10 years now. The concept of Masonry is a beautiful thing. Its just with my class everyone is not there for the same reason. (MOTIVES :(

What i love about this is

You only get what you put in. I Live in my LIL BLUE BOOK.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_ph_tx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 10:40am

I know that feeling.  Everyone has Motives lol

Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquareLevelPlumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2010 at 10:59am
The Class NEVER get BIGGER always SMALLER!!!

We started off with 7 now we are down to 4
Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2010 at 11:02am
i Have a Tattoo, it the all seeing eye, I dont see as being masonic in nature but some people do, I didnt put the Compass, Square and G, although i know those who have it.
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
DDGIT Afghanistan WFOT
Grand Technician WFOT
ESAD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ESAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 10:50am
   Why does it concern you so much ?   I would just let it be. There are many false people around us, but not in our lodges.  all the best, on the level & the square
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic