Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Masonic Associated Organizations & Forums > Shriner Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A.E.A.O.N.M.S. vs A.A.O.N.M.S.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A.E.A.O.N.M.S. vs A.A.O.N.M.S.
    Posted: August/30/2009 at 11:52am
Can someone tell me the difference between the Ancient Egyptian Arabic Order of the Noble Mystic Shrine(AEAONMS) and the Ancient Arabic Order of the Noble Mystic Shrine(AAONMS). What is the diferences between the 2?
JLHSMITH View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLHSMITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2009 at 1:50pm
AEAONMS is the PHA Shrine. founded by John G. Jones in Chicago , IL 1893....AAONMS attempted to destroy AEAONMS via court injunctions between 1917-June 3, 1929, when the US Supreme Court stated that AEAONMS had as much right to exist as AAONMS.  It was termed "The Great Litigation" by some. As far as beliefs, rituals, charity work, etc....I assume they are similar.
Unity Lodge #454
W.P.Brown Chapter #142 HRAM
E. J. Jackson #8 KT
Mohammed Temple #34 AEAONMS
J.L.H.Smith Consistory #76 USC SJ PHA
MWPHGLARK
JLHSMITH View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLHSMITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2009 at 2:34pm
The AAONMS was started in 1873, (if I remember correctly) by a Bro. William Florence or Fleming in NYC. Someone correct me please if i am mistaken.
Unity Lodge #454
E. J. Jackson #8 KT
MWPHGLARK
Noblewiebe View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noblewiebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2009 at 3:01pm
The history of AAONMS can be found here: http://www.shrinershq.org/Shrine/History/Default.aspx
Master Alma #72 1985
A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
www.beashrinernow.com

Bertram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bertram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/28/2009 at 10:27pm
AEAONMS =PHA
AAONMS   =MS

As national organizations they enjoy fraternal relations.  Rituals are virtually identical as AEAONMS ritual is based off that of AAONMS.

Trinity Lodge #10 PHA GLoMo
King Solomon HRAM #38
Webb Smith #247 AASR SJ
Onward Commandery #2
Medinah Temple #39 AEAONMS
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/09/2009 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Bertram Bertram wrote:

AEAONMS =PHA
AAONMS   =MS

As national organizations they enjoy fraternal relations.  Rituals are virtually identical as AEAONMS ritual is based off that of AAONMS.

Interesting.  Since the requirement is to be a MM, how does it work in areas where both GL's don't recognize each other?

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
outkast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2009 at 11:33pm
I have heard of mutual recognition in a sense of blue lodge but not the other houses, YR/SR/Shrine. With that being said I am unsure.
Mount Ogden #20 F&AM (PHA)
Ben Lomand Consistory #94
Labbayk Temple #218
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.
outkast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2009 at 11:34pm
The AEAONMS is Nasty...........lol ( a lil inside joke to all my fellow Nobles out there)
Mount Ogden #20 F&AM (PHA)
Ben Lomand Consistory #94
Labbayk Temple #218
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.
FreakNasty07 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreakNasty07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/05/2010 at 1:12pm
True That Noble "Nasty by Choice" is the True way to Achieve the Noble Experience
Noble Roland, Jimmy C.
"Freak-Nasty" Class 07
Takbir Temple#227.
Oasis of Honolulu.
Desert of Hawaii.
A.E.A.O.N.M.S.Inc.
"Naughty by Nature"
"Nasty by Choice"
"KHODETAN NEKONEAD"
150man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/03/2010 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Bertram Bertram wrote:

AEAONMS =PHA
AAONMS   =MS

This means that we can visit each others temples for stated meetings, we enjoy recognition in Illinois, right?
Pleiades Lodge 478
Illumination Lodge No. 5
Old Chicago York Rite Bodies
Medinah Shriners
Valley of Chicago
Illuminati AMD Council No 495
www.livingstonesmagazine.com

khaos16 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khaos16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/05/2010 at 6:06pm
I know this thread wasnt mean to be a regular vs bogus thread, but the non MS and non PHA shrine also use AAONMS as the acronym for their shrine groups. 
Truth & Union Lodge #594 F&AM
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A
150man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 5:32pm
I was only referring to regular and recognized Masons and Nobles.  I have found out that in Illinois, because we enjoy mutual recognition, we are able to visit each other.

Edited by 150man - September/07/2010 at 5:38pm
Pleiades Lodge 478
Illumination Lodge No. 5
Medinah Shriners
Valley of Chicago

JLHSMITH View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLHSMITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2010 at 5:37am
Unity Lodge #454
E. J. Jackson #8 KT
MWPHGLARK
150man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/11/2010 at 9:31am
Thank you for the information fellow Noble JLHSMITH.  I have a copy of "History of the Shrine" by Joseph A. Walkes Jr. and have done my best to start learning the history of AEAONMS and AAONMS.  I did enjoy the company of a PHA NOBLE at my last stated meeting.Clap
Pleiades Lodge 478
Illumination Lodge No. 5
Medinah Shriners
Valley of Chicago

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic