Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PHA > Prince Hall Affiliated
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Clandestine Scottish Rite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLHSMITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Clandestine Scottish Rite
    Posted: October/09/2009 at 4:50am
Am I the only one noticing or encountering clandestine SR masons? I'm talking abt these orders/members National Supreme Council, Western supreme council, etc. I've ran across a few guys who owe alligence to these and other orders. And they seriously consider themselves a regular Supreme Council of the 33rd. Then they say something silly, lol.. like PHA cant be members of the SR. Anyone encounter any members I speak of or similar?
Unity Lodge #454
W.P.Brown Chapter #142 HRAM
E. J. Jackson #8 KT
Mohammed Temple #34 AEAONMS
J.L.H.Smith Consistory #76 USC SJ PHA
MWPHGLARK
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2009 at 6:09am
The mind boggles.
It just proves how far clandestines will sink, instead of joining a Regular Fraternity.
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
Bertram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bertram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2009 at 10:06am
You are not the only one.  They exist.  To their defense many of them do not know their order is clandestine.  They are told by people they trust that they are the real masons, and everyone else is clandestine.
Trinity Lodge #10 PHA GLoMo
King Solomon HRAM #38
Webb Smith #247 AASR SJ
Onward Commandery #2
Medinah Temple #39 AEAONMS
joshuhwha View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshuhwha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2009 at 11:30am
how can they go so far, too 33rd, and not know? or know...either way, whats the point if its not legit?
Joshua
Master Mason
Richmond Michigan Lodge #187
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2009 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by joshuhwha joshuhwha wrote:

how can they go so far, too 33rd, and not know? or know...either way, whats the point if its not legit?

They believe it because the leadership tells them that they have legitimate charters.  Som of the names of these GL sound very similar to regular GL's.  For instance, The Regular GL of England is often referenced by clandestine members. 

Some are also falling for the "white man is evil" line.  Within the IF&AM and their OES, you will find in their ritual and monitor the introduction which reads, “There has been one body that has existed that dates its existence from shortly after 1865, by which the previous slave holders, in order to perpetuate the evil of slavery, gave their former slaves, permission to practice the rights of Freemasonry on one condition, that they would always maintain it a color segregated institution that would never permit a white man to join the organization.  This organization adopted the name Prince Hall Masons.” This is one of the falsehoods perpetuated by these Bogus Groups to draw their members and scheme on honest gullible African Americans.  This organization adopted the name Prince Hall Masons.”  This is one of the falsehoods perpetuated by these Bogus Groups to draw their members and scheme on honest gullible men and women.  This is the same group that, according to their ritual, the Entered Apprentice degree explains, “that the requisite number to constitute a Lodge of Masons for the purpose of conferring the first degree is seven Freemasons.  This consists of six Entered Apprentices, and only one Master Mason”. The above can be referenced on pages 6 and 7 of the “International Ritual and Monitor of Free Masonry”. On page 5 of their Entered Apprentice Ritual you will see a picture of their founder so called Dr. William V. Banks, 33°, the caption on top of this picture states, “INTERNATIONAL F. & A.M. MASONS, THE WORLD’S LARGEST RELIGIOUS FRATERNAL SOCIETY.  This was later revised in '79.

Sadly I can go on and on about these groups.  All we can do is educate people one at a time.  This is why I like this site.  While we have not reached everyone that has come here, I can say that I know of 5 that have left various groups and joined regular GL's.  This action was because of the information that was given here. 

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
upstateconnect View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upstateconnect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2009 at 2:10pm

AF&AM which are the letters that most of the Black Clandestine Lodges adorn, feel that this means that they are Scottish Rite and they feel that PHA is a York Rite Body. You may run across some that say that "We(AF&AM) are on the Right side of the Compasses and that PHA is on the Left" just some nonsense that was taught to them by their leaders. Although it is true when concerning the structure of Masonry, but in the sense of the term that they use.  Thats is probably why the 32 degree mason that you ran across JLHSMITH said what he said.

MW Stringer Grand Lodge Jurisdiction of Mississippi-Prince Hall Affiliated

J.I. Martin Lodge No.#701       Worshipful Master
JLHSMITH View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLHSMITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2009 at 4:15pm
For instance, I saw a website(i can post it later) about a group called United National Grand supreme council AFAM out of North Carolina. I emailed the leader of the order, asked him to send me info about his org. This guy asked could he call me as well as mail me info to my PO box and I said sure. As soon as he contacted me by phone, I made it known that I was not looking to join. Made no secret abt my affiliation masonically and he proceeded to attempt to discredit PHA and the PHA SR. When I inquired about where his org charter came from, he proceeded to tell me from Louisiana but he didnt from know where. I mean these leaders or various bogus orgs, know the truth and you can hear in somes' voice the lack of confidence in what they say b/c they know they are lying and not legit. Hey Flo, I did the same with Western supreme council, and do you know this guy had the nerve to say their supreme council healed John Jones and Dorsey Seville after they were suspended from PHA?? lol. I know I am just a new SP (April 2009), but let me tell you I had no idea that the clandestinism extended itself so far into the scottish rite.  
Unity Lodge #454
E. J. Jackson #8 KT
MWPHGLARK
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2009 at 6:31pm
Be careful.  Contacting GL's in that manner can be and is often seen as a Masonic Offense in many jurisdictions. 

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/09/2009 at 11:21pm
Brothers,
Here in NC, they are everywhere. The trend in NC is for these Bogus groups to target college students selling their groups as some sort of mystic fraternity similiar to the greek letter fraternity. It works, if you visit some of the HBCU's in this area you will find a large number of fake masons conducting themselves like the other college fraternities. I was approached by one recently in a parking lot, and once the fact was established that we were not part of the same organization, I asked him had he ever studied Masonic History and he said "F_ck You! and the history too!" laughed and walked away. Now that the amity NC PHA and  AF&AM are enjoy is more widely known, many of these fake masons are trying to pass themselves off as PHA to unsuspecting AF&AM causing some confusion. I have experienced and have heard so many atrocious acts by these groups, it has become increasingly harder to circumscribe my animosity toward these groups but I am trying.
Mario Neptune PM

Raleigh, NC

Golden Link #205 PHA

Smithfield, NC

MWPHGL of NC

Live respected...Die regretted
JLHSMITH View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLHSMITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/10/2009 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Flotown79 Flotown79 wrote:

Be careful.  Contacting GL's in that manner can be and is often seen as a Masonic Offense in many jurisdictions. 
I feel you bro.But in my jurisdiction masonic historical convo is not an offense.
Unity Lodge #454
E. J. Jackson #8 KT
MWPHGLARK
scotrite357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotrite357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 12:00pm
     Greeting brothers.  From my experience, being with an a.& a.s.r. lodge that has moved from several scottish rite jurisdictions, there is a level of misleading education going on with the whole legality of the right to exist.  I was told by the w.m. at the time I got raised that I would be able to trace our origins back to u.g.l.e. That is what he knew to be true by those who instructed him.  And yes, it was thought by those in that juris. that pha was just york rite. 
     I think that sometimes, even though some brothers learn the truth about their lodge being irregular and not being recognized, they feel so good about the good things their lodge has been doing for so long and all the hard work they put into it, they find it difficult to leave.  They know convincing the old heads to let go of their incorrect opinions won't happen.  They also don't know if the degrees they've obtained won't transfer to ms or pha and they don't want to start over.
     I couldn't ignore the truth.  I just hope eventually, my old lodge brothers, follow me. Even though I am best of friends with some of them, I miss doing masonic things with them
PHAprettyboi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAprettyboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 2:50pm

Scotrite357, I have friends in Virginia that are and were going through the same thing.  One even told me that he was told by his sponsor that he would be raised A A&SR and be brought down on the otherside in Prince Hall.  I educated him and he has now been healed and is trying to get the rest of old brethren to follow.  Knowledge is power...

Hourglass Lodge #113(PHA), Ludowici, GA.

Light is the object of my search!!!

Universal Light Being

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotrite357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 4:02pm
I hear you.  Before I was educated about PHA, I was told why go over to york rite there when we were already scottish rite.  Now, even though PHA doesn't affiliate with them, they recognize PHA and are in fact impressed with them, but the old heads won't bend on their understanding on the recognition issue.  With permission from the GM of MWPHGL of IL, my father came to the last nationals this jurisdiction had in hopes of starting a road to affiliate, but the old heads basically turned there noses up.  I had hoped I could have my old brothers and affiliation to, but it is just not meant to be right now.  So, I must walk my own path.
squarehead View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squarehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/16/2009 at 6:06pm

It seems to me that those gentlemen confuse the system and structure of masonry. The 3 symbolic degrees as the base, and the two Rites on either side of the compass. The statement said previously about "being brought down the other side (PHA)" was odd. I know a brother that petitioned in Virginia and was mislead into a bogus organization. After 6 months he called me and stated that he was now a Master Mason. I asked him how long he had been a Master Mason and could not answer me....through more discussion I found out he joined a bogus lodge and instructed him how to get square.

MWPHGLTX F A&M
NEW LIGHT LODGE#242
MT. SINAI CHAPTER #42
SOUTH CENTRAL COMMANDERY #37
NUBIA TEMPLE #191 (AEAONMS)
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A

"Seek first to understand, Then to be understood."  &nbs
outkast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote outkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2009 at 1:34am
Some of the stories you hear are funny, in a sad way though. These organizations prey on the fact that some people just don't know. All we can do is be visible in our communities and patient with a brother that has been misled. More often times than not there are very high financial obligations for these organizations and that's what gives them away.
Mount Ogden #20 F&AM (PHA)
Ben Lomand Consistory #94
Labbayk Temple #218
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2009 at 3:36am
Originally posted by outkast outkast wrote:

Some of the stories you hear are funny, in a sad way though. These organizations prey on the fact that some people just don't know. All we can do is be visible in our communities and patient with a brother that has been misled. More often times than not there are very high financial obligations for these organizations and that's what gives them away.

........and the other things is that Freemasonry is seen as a money making fraternity, which it shouldn't be seen as.

Tacal77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacal77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2009 at 7:05pm

I just want to say how grateful i am for having some PHA brothers in my area who have never treated me anything less than a brother despite my affiliation (ifamm). I am looking to change my affiliation for many reasons but the main one would be recognition. I want to be proud as a brother, recognized the world over. I can appreciate the rich history surrounding PHA and want to be a part of that. It bothers me that i haven't been able to trace the history of IFAMM any futher back than 1950...

questions:
1. do i have to start over?
2. what exactly is being healed?
3. can a PHA travel the Y.R. side if he chooses?
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2009 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Tacal77 Tacal77 wrote:

I just want to say how grateful i am for having some PHA brothers in my area who have never treated me anything less than a brother despite my affiliation (ifamm). I am looking to change my affiliation for many reasons but the main one would be recognition. I want to be proud as a brother, recognized the world over. I can appreciate the rich history surrounding PHA and want to be a part of that. It bothers me that i haven't been able to trace the history of IFAMM any futher back than 1950...

questions:

Greeting and welcome to the forum.  To answer you questions:

1.  It depends on the GL you are attempting to become a member of.  Some do allow healing and some require you to "start over."

2. You would have to pm a person that has been healed.  Refer to these links:

http://forum.mastermason.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5864&KW=healed&PID=63694#63694

http://forum.mastermason.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5024&KW=healed&PID=55805#55805

http://forum.mastermason.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5040&KW=healed&PID=54219#54219

3.  PHA members are free to go to the York or Scottish or both.  The choice is totally yours.

Edited by Flotown79 - October/18/2009 at 7:22pm

F. E. Thomas III, MPS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotrite357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2009 at 7:31pm
I'm to be healed in December here in Illinois. I had to submit a petition and be investigated. I didn't have to do the physical again though.
upstateconnect View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote upstateconnect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/18/2009 at 8:17pm

questions:
Greetings,

1. As Flowtown stated every Jurisdiction is different some allow you to be Re-Obligated and some require that you be initiated. Some allow you to retain titles and some do not, they will inform you of their procedures.

2. "Healing" is I'm sure different from state to state and as I stated in the first topic you will be informed of their process. In Mississippi we Obligate you on the Third degree and its a done deal. The other appendant bodies require that you be initiated being that the "Healing" process pertains only to the Blue Lodge. And is actually up to the Grand Head of that Body what needs to occur for you to be accepted.

3. As far as if you can travel YR or SR, we follow the structure of Freemasonry and forget what you were told with your previous experience. We travel both sides, you can become a HRAM, R&SM, KT, AASR, AEAONMS, Odd Fellow, HOJ, etc. Its all up to you.....

Please keep us posted on your journey, I myself was "Healed" about two years ago and have been accepted as anyone else has.

Travel Light
MW Stringer Grand Lodge Jurisdiction of Mississippi-Prince Hall Affiliated

J.I. Martin Lodge No.#701       Worshipful Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scotrite357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2009 at 7:43pm

A brother in texas just got raised a month ago and was told he was now free to travel as a master mason and could gain entrance to any lodge.  He went and visited a lodge and was turned away because his lodge wasn't recognized.  He was then told by his lodge that he wasn't suppose to try and gain entrance to another lodge.  Upset, he said he would've joined this lodge if he knew he couldn't be recognized.  He couldn't understand why this recognition thing wasn't explained to him before he was initiated.  I told him that even I think being recognized was that serious because I thought just being sharp in my lecture and ritual was enough.  I think being recognized does more than ensure checks and balances as far as what is being taught, and the practices going on inside your lodge, it opens you up to communicating masonry on a whole broader level with the entire masonic community.  It also protects the integrity of masonry.  By going through the ugle or a grand lodge in each state, everything can be traced to a source.  It's like being in a union here in chicago, local 150.  If your running a bulldozer and you don't have a up to date union card in your possesion, you can't run a machine.  How do I know you are properly trained and certified to run that equipment safely if you haven't been through our training program. There is a lot of pride in being part of the proper process of things and have the ability to prove it. 

Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squarehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2009 at 9:16pm

Just glad you found the right path....now your true travels may begin. Bro, I travel all over the United States with my job and EVERYWHERE I visit I have Brothers to fellowship with. While I was in New Mexico I was offered the chance to sit in Lodge with some MS Brothers as well as the PHA Bros. It has been the same story (more or less) in every state. Travel well...

MWPHGLTX F A&M
NEW LIGHT LODGE#242
MT. SINAI CHAPTER #42
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A

Tacal77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacal77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/19/2009 at 10:50pm
Thanx to you all for your encouragement and responses. I have put the ball in motion for this healing process and will keep you all up to snuff as to my progress...
watchman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watchman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 8:43am

Tacal77,

I too commend you on desire to align yourself with true Masonry and I would also like to offer you some advice. Do not concern yourself with recognition, healing, York Rite or any of that. Prepare yourself for the journey for TRUTH, and seek it no matter what the requirements are. Everything else will fall into place as long as your work is True. It's unfortunate that so many good men join these bogus groups not realizing that no matter how hard they try to be a Mason, the falsehood of their organization will constantly impede their journey for true Masonry. But what is even more tragic is some of these good men, once they learn of the falsehood of those groups have already gone so far off course in their travels and for so long that they will no longer accept the truth though it's right in front of them. So for those good men that have gone off course, real Masonry is unobtainable until they can cast off their falseness and  embrace the truth. I am truly glad you have chosen to ascend to a higher plane because that is where Freemasonry resides.

Edited by watchman - October/20/2009 at 8:52am
Mario Neptune PM

Raleigh, NC

Golden Link #205 PHA

Smithfield, NC

MWPHGL of NC

Live respected...Die regretted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotrite357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 2:28pm
Squarehead, my father visited my brother who is stationed in Guam(air force) and visited a lodge there and in Japan. How cool is that!  I plan to take my family to London, England next year for vacation.  I hope to visit the U.G.L.E., God willing. Hopefully the old man goes with us.
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squarehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 3:25pm
That would be an awesome trip. I would recommend notifying U.G.L.E. before your arrival.
MWPHGLTX F A&M
NEW LIGHT LODGE#242
MT. SINAI CHAPTER #42
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotrite357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 3:27pm
Thanks for the heads up.
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by squarehead squarehead wrote:

That would be an awesome trip. I would recommend notifying U.G.L.E. before your arrival.

Also clear it up with you GL.  Your GL Sec should notify the other GL Sec.

"Members of other Grand Lodges should also bear this in mind, and note that all correspondence received by the United Grand Lodge of England will only be replied to via their Grand Secretary." - UGLE website.

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by scotrite357 scotrite357 wrote:

Squarehead, my father visited my brother who is stationed in Guam(air force) and visited a lodge there and in Japan. How cool is that!  I plan to take my family to London, England next year for vacation.  I hope to visit the U.G.L.E., God willing. Hope
,fully the old man goes with us.
Half your luck.
I've seen pics of the inside of UGLE and for you to be able to go there would make many of us envious.
.........and the old man would be a bonus.Wink

Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squarehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/20/2009 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Flotown79 Flotown79 wrote:

Originally posted by squarehead squarehead wrote:

Also clear it up with you GL.  Your GL Sec should notify the other GL Sec.

"Members of other Grand Lodges should also bear this in mind, and note that all correspondence received by the United Grand Lodge of England will only be replied to via their Grand Secretary." - UGLE website.

Thank you Brother Flowtown for the clarification.
MWPHGLTX F A&M
NEW LIGHT LODGE#242
MT. SINAI CHAPTER #42
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A

Tacal77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacal77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2009 at 2:26am
Thanx Watchman for your encouragement and well wishes.
Tacal77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacal77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 3:21am
I just wanted to let the brother's know that I am to be healed in about 14hrs.
A bit nervous and anxious all in one, but looking forward to this experience today.
I pray that all goes well...

Fraternally
Bro. Frank
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 3:39am

I just wanted to let the brother's know that I am to be healed in about 14hrs.
A bit nervous and anxious all in one, but looking forward to this experience today.
I pray that all goes well...

Fraternally
Bro. Frank
Makes me think about a Rod Stewart song......."Tonight's the night..............everything will be alright........"
You'll be fine.Thumbs%20Up

Tacal77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tacal77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 3:56am
LOL...

Thanx tm274
Tacal77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tacal77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 10:21pm
WOW...
I am officially PHA. The healing was not as bad as I thought, actually know where near what i thought, nevertheless it's over with and now my new masonic journey begins...

Peace & Blessings

Fraternally yours
Bro. Frank
Mikhail View Drop Down
Entered Apprentice
Entered Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikhail Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2009 at 10:37pm

WOW...
I am officially PHA. The healing was not as bad as I thought, actually know where near what i thought, nevertheless it's over with and now my new masonic journey begins...

Peace & Blessings

Fraternally yours
Bro. Frank

Congrats, Brother Clap
Chicago, IL
MWPHGL of IL

I:5/20/09
P:6/17/09
R:7/15/09
---Be humble in all of your dealings...---

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scotrite357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 8:37am
Congradulations brother Frank!Yes
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote squarehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2009 at 3:04pm
Congratulations and welcome to the PHAmily!
MWPHGLTX F A&M
NEW LIGHT LODGE#242
MT. SINAI CHAPTER #42
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A

danekt32 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danekt32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2010 at 10:54pm

Am I the only one noticing or encountering clandestine SR masons? I'm talking about these orders/members National Supreme Council, Western supreme council, etc. I've ran across a few guys who owe allegiance to these and other orders. And they seriously consider themselves a regular Supreme Council of the 33rd. Then they say something silly, lol... like PHA cant be members of the SR. Anyone encounter any members I speak of or similar?

To the original poster, some of your question bears some interesting research and discussion for understanding.

As to the question of status, modern day members of the United Supreme Council Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry for the Southern and Western Masonic Jurisdiction of the U.S.A. and Canada are considered class destine by Prince Hall Masons but they were not always so. The aforementioned "supreme council" was one of the earlt five Supreme Councils that combined to form the two United Supreme Councils that we PHA Scottish Rite Masons bear allegiance to.

As noted in the article, this body legally ceded it’s autonomy and authority to the newer United Supreme Council. But due to personality, ego, and prestige issues some members later “recanted” their decision and reverted back to their original status according to them. This act along with their membership being composed of Masons who were not affiliated with any recognized Prince Hall Grand Lodge placed them in the contemptible clandestine status they are in today.

PM Christopher D. Terrell,33°
Rudolph Bradley Lodge #706, F&AM PHA

Orlando, Florida
"Be true to your vocation, and I'll be true to mine."

JLHSMITH View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLHSMITH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2010 at 5:12am

What always gets me abt John G. Jones, is he could never explain how he became SGC. (SGC Thornton Jackson expelled him from the PHA SR Oct 25,1895)

Unity Lodge #454
E. J. Jackson #8 KT
MWPHGLARK
danekt32 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danekt32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2010 at 11:24pm

To give a short answer your question, John G. Jones, after being incensed over not being elected SGC (the more responsible choice was Bro. Thornton Jackson) or having realistic prospects at ever being so, basically helped pull his “crew” of Masons most of which were from National Compact and other questionable Masonic lineage and enough members “pulled out” of the United  Supreme Council and attempted to revert back to their old Supreme Council of Southern and Western jurisdiction which at this time ceased to exist by voluntarily swearing allegiance to the newer United Supreme Council of the Southern Jurisdiction PHA a few years earlier.

PM Christopher D. Terrell,33°
Rudolph Bradley Lodge #706, F&AM PHA

Orlando, Florida
"Be true to your vocation, and I'll be true to mine."

newlight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newlight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2010 at 9:27pm
Just a comment to the original post, I posted in the Scottish Rite section of this forum about a gentelman who proclaimed to be Scottish Rite here in Louisiana.  I made a comment concerning the Grand Loge because we both know another who works in the grand lodge, and he quickly said No I do not belong to that GL, I belong to Coogie Shocka something.  I aske him in a later discussion if he felt he was a member of a recognized lodge and he believes himself to be and loves his lodge.  So yes the clandestine SR is very wide spread.
coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2015 at 3:32pm
http://freemasoninformation.com/2013/08/mainstream-scottish-rite-recognizes-prince-hall-scottish-rite-in-all-states/
Building Builders - Masonic Education!

Books I Wrote | My FB Wall
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2015 at 3:38pm
Bout time...
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic