Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repsol12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2011 at 12:13pm

I chose mine for two reasons: 1) As an EA, Im still more rough than smooth, just learning the craft. My avatar is mostly a rough ashlar with only the one small bit smoothed out. So it fits with my level of Masonry. And 2) it looks cool.

Hillsborough Lodge 25
EA 19 April 11
FC 20 September 11
MM 1 November 11
AAONMS Egypt Shrine
Bro. Dick View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bro. Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 1:06pm
I'm a Knight Mason.  I like the picture, and to promote other bodies besides Y&S rites.

I just think it's cool.

But the Goat Is a winner in my book!
F&AM
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2011 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by joelpetes_jm joelpetes_jm wrote:

I found a S&C image I liked and cut the S&C out of it, until I've earned the right to display it.

I find your S&C interesting.
Originally posted by 150man 150man wrote:

I had to update my avatar.  My Bears bowed out, it's the bulls turn to bring the big title home!

...and they didn't either.

Poor Poor Chicago people. Always having your hopes dashed. We should just call you Ohio as from now on. CryCryCry
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2011 at 8:44am
I just changed to a logo of the York Rite Sovereign College of North America.
Bro. Barry E. Newell

Traveling Templar - 04MAR2017
ABrother View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABrother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2011 at 1:39am
I chose mine because I did not have access to any of my pictures on my computer when I joined the forum, and at the time, it seemed to suit me best. One of these days, I plan on changing it to something a little more personal.... Perhaps a picture that has something to do with my family since that is the most important thing in my life.
hcl40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hcl40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/23/2011 at 7:10pm
 "in this sign you will conquer" says it all and may the values of the craft conquer all the hate and division in the world today.
Casey View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2011 at 9:03am
Mine's my Mark, plain and simple. Initials interlocked, with one of the ancient symbols for completion below. I've used the interrupted line for years to signify I've finished with a problem, and do even today to show a patient note is complete.

Noblewiebe View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noblewiebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2011 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Casey Casey wrote:

Mine's my Mark, plain and simple. Initials interlocked, with one of the ancient symbols for completion below. I've used the interrupted line for years to signify I've finished with a problem, and do even today to show a patient note is complete.

I could not get away with a mark such as yours in my jurisdiction. It must be straight lines only here.
Master Alma #72 1985
A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
www.beashrinernow.com

Casey View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Casey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2011 at 3:54pm
Mine could be done in straight lines and angles, if needed. I've done it when adding my mark to paintwork- easier to paint in straight lines.

usafvet98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafvet98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2011 at 3:14pm
My Avatar is the S&C on a custom Pen. I chose this because I wanted to use the s&c but didnt want to pick something everyone else had. I turned this pen from 1 of 4 blanks I had custom made. It is Curly Maple with the s&c scoll sawed out of it and pressure casted in blue resin.

Heres a few more

Brian Evichin- J.M.C.
Honesdale Lodge #218

Wood Working Hobbyist

Pen Turner / Gunsmith

Disabled Air Force Veteran

Merv S View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merv S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 9:21pm
I choose my avatar because it symbolic of a working tool used in one of the degrees conducted in York Rite Freemasonry. That aside, it is a damn sight better than my personal mug shot! I think of sparing my Brothers and Companions that indignity!Big smile
Merv Sprague MM
Thespian Lodge 268 UGLQ
RAC No 43 SGRACQ
Celer et Audax
I. 10/3/2008
P. 14/7/2008
R. 11/8/2008
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2012 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Merv S Merv S wrote:

I choose my avatar because it symbolic of a working tool used in one of the degrees conducted in York Rite Freemasonry. That aside, it is a damn sight better than my personal mug shot! I think of sparing my Brothers and Companions that indignity!Big smile

I'm not saying a word Merv!!
The Carrington Lodge (WAC 363)
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
18th Boucaut RC (AASR Australia 5)
The Carrington Lodge

ohio397trg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio397trg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2012 at 3:38pm
My avatar is a picture of my lodge. I'm sure I'll change it eventually.

-Tom
Proud to be a Mason
Hart's Grove Lodge #397
Hartsgrove Ohio

EA: 1/13/2012
FC: 2/10/2012
MM: 2/24/2012
http://mymasonictravels.blogspot.com/
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2012 at 3:47pm
Nice looking lodge
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com
puffyp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2012 at 7:37pm
It's my face.  Smile
"Know Thyself"
Govt Trucker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Govt Trucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/08/2012 at 2:41pm
*bump*

I'm patriotic. Wink
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2012 at 2:05pm
wings down
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
usmcvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2013 at 9:13am
Needed an avatar for a gun forum I am on.  I looked at my old license plate and said that's it!  I wanted a Veterans plate about fifteen years ago, VT did not have on yet.  I made my own, USMCVET. Then my first child was born in 2002 and the extra money was just not worth it! So it hangs in my garage and became my avatar.
usmcvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usmcvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2013 at 9:14am
Absolutely Gorgeous.  I want one, how much!

Originally posted by usafvet98 usafvet98 wrote:

My Avatar is the S&C on a custom Pen. I chose this because I wanted to use the s&c but didnt want to pick something everyone else had. I turned this pen from 1 of 4 blanks I had custom made. It is Curly Maple with the s&c scoll sawed out of it and pressure casted in blue resin.

Heres a few more

jdwalker519 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdwalker519 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/01/2014 at 8:05am
I chose my avatar because I feel like the chair I currently sit in is where I can best serve, and this is the symbol of that office.
J.D. Walker
Free and Accepted Masons of the District of Columbia
Royal Arch of the District of Columbia
Order of the Eastern Star, Grand Chapter of Virginia
Stormriderjd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormriderjd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2014 at 9:40am
Family coat of arms.
Secretary @ Larrabee 131
Stilesville, IN
pointwithinacircle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pointwithinacircle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2014 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Kintora Kintora wrote:

Just curious, is it possible to barrel roll a helicopter like that? Big%20smile

It certainly is!  The only civilian helicopter that I have seen do it is one that was specially modified for the Red Bull exhibition team.
Major146 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Major146 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2014 at 2:09pm

My Avatar is the Corn, Wine & Oil Token Temples that I sell for use at the end of the Fellowcraft degree.

Terry
Past Master, Ken-Ton Lodge # 1186 NY
Past Assistant Grand Lecturer
Past Grand Sword Bearer
Pretty much just a Retired Has Been
rickcarver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickcarver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2014 at 2:34pm
Because I am the most evil and dangerous cat that ever lived.
Rick Carver, PM

Petulant fuddy-duddy on the North side of the Lodge
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2014 at 10:51am
I chose mine due to my user name and I am a big Frank Frazetta fan.
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
deputy tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deputy tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2014 at 2:47pm
Mine represents who I really am. tom.
spes mea in deo est
CLewey44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLewey44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2015 at 4:53pm
I had an EA S&Cs emblem...Now I have the FC. Obviously next will be MM and maybe I will get the Scottish Rite or York Rite and beyond. :)
Edmond Lodge #37
Washington Lodge #36
OES Chapter #247
Bro. J. Clint Lewey
(I): 02 September 2014
(P): 30 December 2014
(R): 17 March 2015
addseo1118 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote addseo1118 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2015 at 4:17am
It's good program for doing the animations. Thanks.
boing1972 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boing1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2015 at 7:18pm
I couldn't get one from my pictures to upload to this site..and still can't. ....

Edited by boing1972 - April/24/2015 at 8:28pm
brother bell
goomba View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2015 at 7:40pm
Goomba is a just something I like and the RAM symbol because I enjoyed the RA degree so much.
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF

Living in the DC area.
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2015 at 9:12am
Mine was chosen because I am a bass player
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic