Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > King Solomon's Quarry > Who comes here?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tiled Forums Are Not Really Tiled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palmetto Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tiled Forums Are Not Really Tiled
    Posted: November/08/2009 at 6:40pm
All should remember that - though these forums use the word "tiled" - they are not in any way, shape, or form the same as a tiled lodge. With that said, all are advised to be very careful when it comes to discussing ritual or the internal business of one's lodge or Grand Lodge.

All are also reminded that there are folks that have access to the "tiled" sections that may not necessarily be from Grand Jurisdictions recognized by your particular Grand Jurisdiction.
Homo sum; humani nihil a me alienum puto.

http://palmettomason.blogspot.com/
joshuhwha View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshuhwha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 8:31pm
so.. whats the point? and that sure does arise alot of thoughts in my head about that spot- hmmm...... thats not good.
Joshua
Master Mason
Richmond Michigan Lodge #187
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/08/2009 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by joshuhwha joshuhwha wrote:

so.. whats the point? and that sure does arise alot of thoughts in my head about that spot- hmmm...... thats not good.

So you see no point in having a "Tyled" area.?????

Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
joshuhwha View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joshuhwha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2009 at 9:28am
If there are people maybe shouldnt be in there.... then... Not sure. 
Joshua
Master Mason
Richmond Michigan Lodge #187
Lighthouse View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lighthouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2009 at 10:38am
I will point out, Joshua, you could have someone show up in your Lodge too, who is not actually a Mason, but faked everyone out enough to gain entrance.

-Brent

Naval Lodge No. 87 (Vallejo, CA): Secretary & Trestle Board Editor
Palmetto Bug View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palmetto Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/10/2009 at 6:21pm
Let me clarify...

The rules of this forum allow access to the tiled forums by some men that may not necessarily be recognized by your Grand Lodge. Example: A member of PHA of Alabama may be granted access. A member of the F&AM of Alabama may also have access. Neither recognize the other. Another example: The fairly recent period of time during which the Grand Lodges of Washington, DC, and New York redrew recognition of each other.

My overall point is that the "tiled" forums should not be treated as though they were tiled lodges. They are not. They are simply places for more serious and sometimes sensitive discussions that we do not necessarily want to have in front of the general public.

TonyTheTiger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyTheTiger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2010 at 2:39am
If they aren't tiled then wouldn't it be a good idea to remove the word tile so that there is no confusion?
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2010 at 3:08am
Originally posted by TonyTheTiger TonyTheTiger wrote:

If they aren't tiled then wouldn't it be a good idea to remove the word tile so that there is no confusion?
Have you a better word?

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2010 at 4:27am
They are Tyled in the sense that one has to request access and prove himself to be a Master Mason to an Admin or Mod.    .... Other than that the "Tyled" forums are private and for the discussion of masonic topics normally done in private between Master Masons.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
Jayman View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jayman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2010 at 6:29am
Originally posted by TonyTheTiger TonyTheTiger wrote:

Think of it this way, you personally, haven't determined the other participants to be true masons. Those that have determined the participants to be true masons are unknown to you.

I would treat the "tyled" area to be like the post-lodge refreshment. You are surrounded by Brethren and can speak freely as a Mason, but without revealing anything that you would in the lodge room itself.

So yes, there is a reason to have a restricted area, but by no means does that mean you should speak of any secrets.
MasterHangman33 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MasterHangman33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2010 at 9:26am
Grips, Words and Signs is what they consider "Secret" here in mi. But i tend to be very discreet about mostly everything else as well. I'll discuss bits and pieces but vaguely. Even less that what is given to new Brother to share with their Family here. The GL has a program that most Lodges have implemented called "Share the Secret", where the newly Initiated, Passed and Raised Brother is given booklets to share with his Family that basically says what happened to Him and what it meant. Was cool when i went thru, but i dont Know if i like it now very much.

Edited by MasterHangman33 - March/26/2010 at 9:26am
Worshipful Master
Trenton/Wyandotte #8
PHP Trenton Chapter #173
Union Council #11
Valley of Detroit A.A.S.R

kamatu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2010 at 11:59pm
Hmmm, the problem I see is that I simply filled out a standard registration form for this forum software, got an email, clicked a link and I have access.  So, I could be a profane for all everyone here knows.
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 12:13am
Originally posted by kamatu kamatu wrote:

Hmmm, the problem I see is that I simply filled out a standard registration form for this forum software, got an email, clicked a link and I have access.  So, I could be a profane for all everyone here knows.
True.......until you prove yourself.

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 7:01am

You only have access to the Public Forums, not the Tyled Forums.   You will have to prove yourself for that access.

Thomasville 369
joelpetes_jm View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joelpetes_jm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 8:53am

I thought the same thing until I proved up and a new forum header became visible.

Edited by joelpetes_jm - May/18/2010 at 8:54am
I 04/20/2010
P 05/18/2010
R 06/12/2010

Reading the signs and smelling the roses on my journey to that undiscovered country from whose bourne no traveler returns.

Monticello Lodge #16
150man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 9:32am
Kamatu, are you a mason?  If so, where do you hail from?  Imho, this site is very helpful for those who aren't masons to get helpful advice on facts and fiction of the craft and how to go about becoming one.  And for those who are regular masons and wish to speak masonically, there is the tyled forums, which you have to prove you are a master mason of a regular masonic lodge.  Both prove to be good a nice conduit for communicating with masons from around the world, if you enjoy healthy conversation.
Pleiades Lodge 478
Illumination Lodge No. 5
Old Chicago York Rite Bodies
Medinah Shriners
Valley of Chicago
Illuminati AMD Council No 495
www.livingstonesmagazine.com

Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 12:11pm
Greeting Brothers
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
kamatu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kamatu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

You only have access to the Public Forums, not the Tyled Forums.   You will have to prove yourself for that access.

Aha!  So this is a clever trap to deceive those who are not one of us! Since it talks about tyled access, but it is only an introduction.Evil%20Smile

Sorry, I've been reading too much antimasonic poo-poo lately. Dead

So, how does one prove themselves?  Nevermind I read the sticky.

Edited by kamatu - May/18/2010 at 12:40pm
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 6:43pm
Seems to me that the profane say that to the Tyler, when they try to enter a Lodge also.Confused

Small World, eh?Wink

Palmetto Bug View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palmetto Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2010 at 7:13pm
We are slick, ain't we?

Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2010 at 7:48am
I read everybody's Post's and replies and some are quite funny, what is the job of the tyler.... how does he do his job.... Gents that is what i see happening, keep up the good work Palmetto!
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
brother felix View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brother felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2010 at 1:08am
CAn i get a admin to question call me so i can get access to the tiled rooms.
Brother Valderrama
Heir's of Abraham #069
Norfolk Va.
Mines for yours!
initiated Nov 18, 2006
Passed    Mar 27, 2007
"Born on" Oct 5, 2007

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brother felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2010 at 1:16am
simply put if you gonna treat it like a lodgethen do so..
"The first and constant care of Masons when convened?"
Will there be a understanding that there is no universal grand lodge over all. One jurisdiction may not be similar to another even in there own state, county, or city.
Brother Valderrama
Heir's of Abraham #069
Norfolk Va.
Mines for yours!
initiated Nov 18, 2006
Passed    Mar 27, 2007
"Born on" Oct 5, 2007

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brother felix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2010 at 1:31am
Actually this isnt a the tyled forums your still in waiting.  like i am. wish someone get me on that black and white. Im scared of the dark.
Brother Valderrama
Heir's of Abraham #069
Norfolk Va.
Mines for yours!
initiated Nov 18, 2006
Passed    Mar 27, 2007
"Born on" Oct 5, 2007
7 precepts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7 precepts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 2:02pm
so how do i gain access to this "tyled" forum?
Bro. Kendall Jewell
2* Senior DeMolay
Lynn Skinner Chapter
3* Master Mason
Bartlett#211 GLofTn F&AM
32* Master of the Royal Secret
Valley of Memphis Orient of Tennessee
Yellow Dog etc... etc... etc...
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/06/2010 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by 7 precepts 7 precepts wrote:

Ask
The Carrington Lodge (WAC 363)
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
18th Boucaut RC (AASR Australia 5)
The Carrington Lodge

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2010 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by daves daves wrote:

Ask

Better Yet,   .... You MUST  PM a Mod or Admin and ASK!   ... That is so stated in the sticky.
... 2B1ASK ....

Thomasville 369
mustangcobratim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustangcobratim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 11:03am
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

They are Tyled in the sense that one has to request access and prove himself to be a Master Mason to an Admin or Mod.    .... Other than that the "Tyled" forums are private and for

the discussion of masonic topics normally done in private between Master Masons.
Actually they don't! When i registered i was expecting to have to prove myself a M.M,but all i had to do is put some info in about myself. so in that respect I would have to say you would have to watch your tongue on this forum. If it isn't readily available to any non mason then I wouldn't talk about it here!

Just my 2 cents
Timothy E. Brewster II
Mt. clemens lodge No.6 F&A.M
Steward
150man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2010 at 11:10am

The tyled forums are not visible to the public.  You have to prove yourself to be a regular master mason to gain access.  This is the public forum you have access to which is open to mason and non-mason alike.

Edited by 150man - June/15/2010 at 11:15am
Pleiades Lodge 478
Illumination Lodge No. 5
Old Chicago York Rite Bodies
Medinah Shriners
Valley of Chicago
Illuminati AMD Council No 495
www.livingstonesmagazine.com

Ashton View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2010 at 10:48am
I submitted my request to Palmetto Bug via PM.

-Ashton
East_Regalia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote East_Regalia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/06/2010 at 5:49am
I will be interested (when the time comes) to see how I am tried and tested by the Tyler here. I have found from another Masonic Forum online that the methods of testing in the North American constitutions are very different from ours in Grand Lodge of Scotland. I was once given a series of questions that frankly I had some difficulty answering due to differences in ritual and in how questions may be asked or phrased.  
Senior Deacon
Lodge Lane Xang 1632 on the Roll of the Grand Lodge of Scotland.

Fine Masonic Regalia supplies at the East Regalia website
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/19/2010 at 12:09am
Originally posted by daves daves wrote:

Ask
lol
Don_Mega View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don_Mega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2011 at 11:46am
if that be the case somebody in the wrong position
THE EXQUISITE DON_MEGA!
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/27/2011 at 1:30pm

What they are trying to say is that with how this forum is set up, there might be someone in the tiled area that is not recgonized by your grand lodge. Each person with access to those areas has proven themselves to be what they are, EA, FC, or MM to an admin or mod.  But even with this, not all jurisdictions recgonize others. For example, I live in NC where the GO of NC does recgonize the MWPHGLNC but I can not drive an hour down the road to SC and visit a PHA lodge there because there is no recgonization there. That being the case, there probably is at least one Brother in the tiled area that is a PHA mason from SC.

Edited by jaya - February/27/2011 at 1:32pm
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com
masonic.truths View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonic.truths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2011 at 7:07pm
Please let me know if any of the following statements are incorrect:

1. In order to gain access to the "Tiled" Forums, a Forum member must stand an examination to prove that he is a Mason (EA, FC, or MM) in good standing.
  2. In order to pass the examination and prove himself, he and the Admin/Mod administering the examination must exchange Masonic information that would include the modes of recognition.
  3. The modes of recognition are part of the body of Masonic information that is considered secret.
  4. The possibility does exist that a hacker could obtain access to all areas or the Forum including the "Tiled" Forum and the Private Messages of all Forum Members.
  5. If such unauthorized access to the Forum did take place I would have violated my EA Obligation. 
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2011 at 7:38pm
That's why we must all take the greatest care in discussing ritual etc. What might be OK in some jurisdictions, may be completely unacceptable in others. If in doubt, say nothing.
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
The Carrington Lodge

jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2011 at 8:49pm
That is a problem with electronic communications. There is nothing in this forum that is secure. Packets are unencrypted and can be "captured" at any place along the lines from your computer to the server. A man in the middle attack would open up everything you send on the internet to someone with the knowledge to do it. These forums do not use encryption or a secure tunnel for communications. Always assume that anything you type can be viewed by a profane. Even if it were secure, there are some in the tyled area that your GL might not recognize. In my case, the GL of NC does recognize PHA for instance. However, they only recognize the mwphglnc as regular. They do not recognize PHA in other states as yet. It is that way in many states. That means that we can not carry on masonic communications with PHA members in other states. That makes the tyled section less tyled even.
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonic.truths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2011 at 9:16pm
I understand the perils associated with posting in the "Tiled Forum".  That can be easily overcome by not posting anything that could violate my obligation.

My major concern is with what I would have to reveal via Private Message to gain access, if as I stated above it would require disclosing modes of recognition, the possibility of an unauthorized person accessing the Private Message would bother me.  No one has addressed that.
canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 12:22am
The private messages can not be accessed by an unauthorized person. The only one accessing them is the owner of that mail-box.
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonic.truths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 9:31am
Originally posted by canuck canuck wrote:

The private messages can not be accessed by an unauthorized person. The only one accessing them is the owner of that mail-box.

So you are saying that the Forum can not be hacked.
canuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 11:26am
Of course it can be hacked... the same way your personal e-mail can be hacked, the e-mail of the secretary of the lodge, the Grand Secretary... the same way someone can steal your mail from your mailbox. 
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 12:24pm
I see masonic.truth's concern about the hacking.

Especially since there would have to be some masonic discourse to get approved into the tyled forums.

That may not necessarily be the case for a GM email or a Lodge sec email.

But I don't think mailbox security on a forum is something to be worried about personally. 
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by masonic.truths masonic.truths wrote:

Originally posted by canuck canuck wrote:

So you are saying that the Forum can not be hacked.

In one of your above post you referenced the OBs'   the OBs are about "willfully & knowingly" relieving Masonic secretes; or doing so without due regard and thus carelessly reveling the secrets to those not entitled to receive them.   .... Yes these forums could be hacked ( but that wouldn't last for long); but this is no less than your Lodge being bugged or someone turning on their CELL PHONE during ritual.      .... These are not you fault and not a violation of your OBs.

It is not intended to hold "Tyled Lodge" meetings in the forums. ... But what the Tyled sections are to provide private area for discussions; and to assure the Members those with access (Quarrymen) have been have been Tried (by admins or Mods) and found to be Master Masons.   .... It is up to you, and your OBs, as to how open your discussions are.   ... Not everyone is comfortable with everything that maybe discussed.

Next, not everyone with Quarryman status is recognized by each other's GLs.   This is why Membership is restricted to recognizes Lodge/GLs of the US, the UGLE and PHA.    So it is up to you to resolve your part of the OB about "holding Masonic communication" with Clandestine, or suspended Masons, "I Knowing them to be such".       (Many GLs are at 'don't ask; and don't tell' ... in regards to part of this... MS & PHA relations)

Next, being tried in PMs:   ... None of my questions when correctly answered will cause a Mason to violate his OBs.   ... Now you have to realize the same as when visiting a Lodge for the first time; you are the one at the Door asking to enter;  They (Tyler, SD, WM, Lodge) have the right to Try you and are required  to find you worthy before allowing you to enter.    

... The same with these forums, we don't invite you to join the Tyled forums.  YOU have to PM an Admin or Mod and request access    .... Some say to me (admin) "how do I know you are a Master Mason?"    ... The answer: You should have already determined that before asking for "Tyled access". The same as you would before visiting a new Lodge. ....  You can be assured the Admins & Mods are, and know what they are doing.   I have stated before, I can vouch for every Quarryman on the Forums; either I, another Admin or Mod has made the proper inquires.

Edited by edwmax - April/21/2011 at 8:04pm

Thomasville 369
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 6:33pm
I can personally vouch for "edwmax, Palmetto Bug, MikeS & Daves" as I have sat in Lodge with these Brothers.
This is the case with a few other Admins/Mods who have done the same.

Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 11:35pm
It really all boils down to this, the Tiled Forms are not a requirement for users of this group.  If you have an issue with the method used to gain access you can either visit an Admin's /Mod's lodge and personally sit with them or just leave it alone altogether.

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2011 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

I can personally vouch for "edwmax, Palmetto Bug, MikeS & Daves" as I have sat in Lodge with these Brothers.
This is the case with a few other Admins/Mods who have done the same.

And I can vouch for TM and Arash - I've had the privilege to sit in Lodge with both Brethren
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
The Carrington Lodge

Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonic.truths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2011 at 8:34am
I am simply trying to make sure I understand the process, so I will make another attempt to gain the information that I seek.

1. I have been informed by one source that he was not required to provide any "secret" information in order to gain access.
  2. An examination to gain access to a Tiled Lodge would require the exchange of the Modes of Recognition, which are "secret".
  3. So, does an examination by an Admin/Mod to gain access to the "Tiled" Forums require the exchange of the Modes of Recognition?

Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2011 at 9:34am
What is the problem?  Not all Admins/Mods have the same process.  I will sometimes call to get a physical description of a person and have the requester to provide a copy of his drivers license along with a current dues card.  Sometimes I will simply ask questions.  If a dues card does not have a member number I often request it and then verify with their GL using personal resources.  There are many ways to find out with actually providing "secrets."

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonic.truths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2011 at 10:52am
No problem here, just trying to get a straight answer in order to make a decision.  Is there a problem with that?

Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2011 at 10:55am
I can vouch for flotown's strong arm guarding the gate of the tyled forums.
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic