Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > King Solomon's Quarry > Who comes here?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Do You Sit.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2011 at 7:52pm
The location gives reference to the position.
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com
jimi_stephen View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimi_stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2011 at 10:57pm
The location does give reference to the position, in that you are correct. But people have already stated that the Stewards sit at different places in different lodges as well as others. In Arkansas, the Secretary sits to the right of the WM (like over in the corner at a desk) and the treasurer to the left. The Stewards sit either side of the JW and No one sits by the SW, except the JD, who's chair is next to the door of the lodge room so he can convey messages to the tiler or else where as directed.
Raised 8-16-11

daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2011 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by jimi_stephen jimi_stephen wrote:

The location does give reference to the position, in that you are correct. But people have already stated that the Stewards sit at different places in different lodges as well as others. In Arkansas, the Secretary sits to the right of the WM (like over in the corner at a desk) and the treasurer to the left. The Stewards sit either side of the JW and No one sits by the SW, except the JD, who's chair is next to the door of the lodge room so he can convey messages to the tiler or else where as directed.

Bro Jimi,

Your are in some ways correct that different Grand Lodges often do things in different ways. The Grand Lodge of Western Australia tends to follow UGLE in most things, and it is by tradition that we talk about the East for the WM, the West for the SW and the South for the JW - in fact the Festive Board in this jurisdiction is called "The South", because the JW is responsible for the visitors and hospitality.

Freemasons have been using these expressions for centuries, and I can't see things changing soon. If you need to know something, or are confused by something, please ask.

The Carrington Lodge (WAC 363)
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
18th Boucaut RC (AASR Australia 5)
The Carrington Lodge

jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2011 at 10:01am
Some jurisdictions do not have stewards for example. Some have a position called an Inner Gard. There are many differences between jurisdictions. However, there are huge simularities as well. The position of the 3 main officers is pretty much standard. When someone you meet on the street ask if you are a traveling man, a common answering would be "I am traveling east". The directions have the same meanings in the vast majority of lodges (I will not say all because there is probably some lodge somewhere that is slightly different).
Jay Austin

The Masonic Society

schultzy View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schultzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2011 at 10:41pm
As a SEC I sit in the north in my lodge. This was considered to be the dark side of the lodge since in operative lodges in the northern hemisphere the sunny side was the southern side. It has come to also mean the dark side since EA sit there and move from the NE into the light as they aquire more knowledge . In some lodges having the SEC and the Treasurer sit in the north is also appropriate if they are controling types , I've heard outgoing WMs advise the new one's to watch out for the dark side and try not to upset ém too much. Never in my lodge though Ouch
We meet in the Grand design of being happy and confering happiness
I 3Nov 1990
P 2Mar 1991
R 1June 1991
Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2011 at 9:59am
Brothers and siStars, I am in the EAST.
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2011 at 5:10pm
Congratulations WBro Stuntman - have a freat year.
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
The Carrington Lodge

Huw View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/12/2011 at 5:27pm
Hey, great!  Congratulations, Stuntman, and have a splendid year!

(Incidentally, I'm going back to the East again myself next month.)

T & F,

Huw
It's the similarities that make it freemasonry!
Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2011 at 12:28am
Thank you all brother, I petitioned for a lodge here in western Afghanistan and got it!
Pride of the Walton #110 previously in Kandahar is now Here where i am, and OPSEC is preventing my giving out that info but if you in Western Stan. IM me.
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2011 at 2:42am
Y'all stay safe........ya hear?. Thumbs Up
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 6:12pm
Congrats stuntman! That's awesome, hope your time in the east is a good one.

Last night i was asked hiw i felt about being the JD next year. Of course I said I would do it, but only if the others already in the line didn't want to.I'm not currently not on the line so I don't want to step on any toes.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Jacksonville 12 R.A.M. - King
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 6:39pm
Who told you to be JD BigBob?
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:12pm
no one told me to be JD. Our SW simply asked how I felt about it.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:14pm
JD is an appointed position in some GLs and up to the EM on who he wants. It is that way in my lodge.
Jay Austin

The Masonic Society

Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by BigBob BigBob wrote:

well, if your WM says You are JD, the only person whose other opinion matters is you.

I'm currently a JD, and ummm...let's just say it was a lot of backyard activity against me

But at the end of the day, WM's word goes. period

Edited by Caution1010 - September/14/2011 at 7:18pm

PHA-AL

BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by Caution1010 Caution1010 wrote:

well, if your WM says You are JD, the only person whose other opinion matters is you.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be JD next year. But only if the SS/JS/Mar. don't want it. 
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:30pm

Originally posted by Caution1010 Caution1010 wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be JD next year. But only if the SS/JS/Mar. don't want it. 

I was like that too. Thought I was stepping on toes. Had to talk with some members and they gave me their blessing.

Just to find out eventually there maybe a little well-hidden hate for me being JD while they who have been there may have a grievance with the speed at which I became a JD.

At the end of the day, who cares? what worship says goes.

PHA-AL

daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:47pm
You're right, Bro Caution. If someone has a problem with you being JD, that's their problem not yours. Tell him politely to take his complaint to the WM. If you do the very best job you can, all the complainers will come over to your side, and, who knows, maybe they will be saying it was their idea that you be appointed JD in the first place.
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
The Carrington Lodge

BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:50pm
You might be right Caution, but I guess I'm just a non-confrontational kinda guy. 

Guess we'll just see what happens. If what I've been told holds true I might be higher up the line in the chapter/council than the BL.

Maybe in a few months we can start a thread for 2012 officers. 
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:54pm
Personally, I am not in a hurry to go through the chairs. I want to experience all of them. I started this year as JS and got moved into SS. I have been asked by our SW if I would like JD if he gets elected master. I told him it is up to him. I listened to a talk that Brother Chris Hodapp gave a couple years ago. He talked about being put in the chairs instantly and in a lodge with that was struggling. He was made WM within 2 years. He said that he would not recommend that to anyone. It is not something that I wish that is for sure.
Jay Austin

The Masonic Society

Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:59pm

You might be right Caution, but I guess I'm just a non-confrontational kinda guy. 

Guess we'll just see what happens. If what I've been told holds true I might be higher up the line in the chapter/council than the BL.

Maybe in a few months we can start a thread for 2012 officers. 

Yeah, I dont like conflict personally.

But I'd tell you what, one thing I learned from the craft, there has to be courage and tact.

Knowing when to roll up your sleeves and knowing what to do when your sleeves are rolled up.

PHA-AL

BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2011 at 7:59pm
My only concern, is that nothing else interfere with my BL. I'm sure Ill thoroughly enjoy the Chapter/Council but my lodge has to come first. 
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
machi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote machi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/23/2011 at 8:55pm
I sit to the right of the WM in the east.
Brother Mash, MM, James W. Bowers Lodge #173 Hancock, MD
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 1:02am
For next year,
Still not sure about the BL...looking like JS or SS. I was informed that I would be M1V for for the chapter.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 6:50am

My only concern, is that nothing else interfere with my BL. I'm sure Ill thoroughly enjoy the Chapter/Council but my lodge has to come first. 
I like your "attitude & devotion" to BL, but when I read of a MM, so young" joining an appendant degree, so early, it does send my mind spinning.
There is SO much to learn in the BL, that there isn't time or energy to apply yourself to other tasks and the old saying goes........"you cannot serve two Masters".
I am in my first year a WM.......and believe you, me...........there is SO much to learn......and it's not the learning.....it's a lot more than you anticipate.
My advice.....go through your BL chairs and leave the appendant degrees until such time you have served your BL well.
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
windrider View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 8:47am
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

I like your "attitude & devotion" to BL, but when I read of a MM, so young" joining an appendant degree, so early, it does send my mind spinning.
There is SO much to learn in the BL, that there isn't time or energy to apply yourself to other tasks and the old saying goes........"you cannot serve two Masters".
I am in my first year a WM.......and believe you, me...........there is SO much to learn......and it's not the learning.....it's a lot more than you anticipate.
My advice.....go through your BL chairs and leave the appendant degrees until such time you have served your BL well.

That's the choice I made. I figure there will be plenty of opportunities to join the appendent bodies when I am wearing a Past Master's jewel. 
Master, Webmaster, Lodge Ambassador
Ancient York Lodge AF&AM

Lowell, MA

God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 11:46am
But I am a PM....

Seriously though, that's one of the reasons I didn't join the commandery. They meet on the same night as my BL so I said no. After I went through the cryptic degrees everyone one was kinda shocked I was going on. One guy offered to pay for me to take them and next years dues. Of course I said thanks but no thanks. I don't mind helping out in the lower chair of the chapter/council for the time being, but Im not planning on sitting in any of the elected ones until after I'm WM of my BL
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
RockBender View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RockBender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/24/2011 at 5:48pm
In The East
*Pride of Columbia #483 WM
*BEJ Chp #57 HRAM,Scribe
*Hiram Abiff No.3 R&SM
*Barak Obama Commandery No.44,CG
*Jeddah Temple No.#160
*W. Newton Pough Council #39 Knights of Pythagoras
*MWPHGL of SC
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2011 at 1:53am
The Worshipful Master-elect has asked me to sit as his Marshal for the ensuing year.
Bro. Barry E. Newell

Traveling Templar - 04MAR2017
3DistinctKnocks View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2011 at 8:18am
I'm currently SW, but we have elections later this month.  Last Monday night at practice, our WM told me to take the East to practice opening and closing all three lodges.  I was allowed to place whoever I wanted where ever I wanted.  It was a lot of fun and was pretty challenging, too!  Let me tell you...it got hot underneath that hat.  LOL
Just in case I am elected to the East, I've already chosen who I will appoint as SD and Chaplain.  In Mississippi F&AM, we don't have Stewards.  The WM appoints SD and Chap.  The SW appoints JD.  The tiler stands without at the door, Sec. on the left of the WM, Treas. to the right.
Past Master
Pontotoc Lodge #81 F.&A.M.
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
jimi_stephen View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimi_stephen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2011 at 11:15am
I'm going to be a Master of Ceremonies next year. Pretty excited even though it's not a lot of responsibilities in the lodge. 
Raised 8-16-11

bdsnook43 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bdsnook43 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2011 at 11:04am
I was just recently appointed Jr. Steward for AL 6012.  It's an honor to be selected and to enter "the line."  Lot's of work though, the JW, SS, and I will be cooking almost every Tuesday!
Hillsborough Lodge 25 –JW | Valley of Tampa | Egypt Shrine
MDAncientMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDAncientMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2011 at 12:01pm
In the East...in 3 days!Clap
St. Alban Universal #233-WM
Collington #230
Patxuent #218

York #44 RAM
York #23 RSM
York #16 KT-PEC
AMD #483
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2011 at 6:15pm
As of 12/27/11 (Saint John's Day) I am now in the SW chair in the West!
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2011 at 6:25pm
I wish we made more of the St Johns' Days here
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
The Carrington Lodge

YoungBlood View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2012 at 12:15am
Mother Lodge: Sidelines (after being Junior Warden my first year. Could've had the SW chair but declined it for a reason)
Second Lodge: Marshall
I - Oct 17, 2009

P - Jan 16, 2010

R - March 6, 2010

Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret - Nov 13, 2010

Sir Knight - Feb 26, 201
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/07/2012 at 10:01pm
Tonight I was installed Senior Steward! This is my first chair outside of degree work and filling in for an absent brother. I'm excited about the new year and continuing my Masonic journey. This past thursday I was also installed as the Master of the First Veil in my Royal Arch Chapter. I guess technically and chronologically that was my first chair but the BL comes first so my chair there comes first too.

Got a busy year ahead of me. I'll be sitting in the East for the first MM degree of the year. I'm nervous but I'm really excited at the same time.
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
cbtinker View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbtinker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2012 at 12:24am

Tuesday Night I was installed as Senior Deacon.  Right off the bat I have to conduct my friend though his 2nd degree in two weeks and my Dad through his 1st Degree in a month.  What a way to start a year.

E: 12/06/10 P: 02/08/11 R: 04/05/11

Junior Warden
Paul Revere Lodge #205
paulrevere205.wix.com/online
AASR Valley of Wenatchee
El Katif Shrine
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2012 at 12:52am
Originally posted by cbtinker cbtinker wrote:

Tuesday Night I was installed as Senior Deacon.  Right off the bat I have to conduct my friend though his 2nd degree in two weeks and my Dad through his 1st Degree in a month.  What a way to start a year.

Clap
Past Master
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2012 at 6:49am
Congrats to both of you.. cbtinker, the SD chair is fun. Right after I was installed I had to do a 3rd degree the following week and a first the next night. It is a great position.
Jay Austin

The Masonic Society

fireman99 View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireman99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2012 at 12:39pm
2012 will be a year for me to visit the South
WorthyBrother365 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WorthyBrother365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2012 at 5:59pm
I was just recently intstalled to the South.
Bro.Carter J.W. P.H 28.    

"I Strive to live with love and care upon the level by the Square"

daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/08/2012 at 6:24pm
I'm in the South until August when I move to the West.
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
The Carrington Lodge

YoungBlood View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YoungBlood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2012 at 9:41am
Originally posted by YoungBlood YoungBlood wrote:

Mother Lodge: Sidelines (after being Junior Warden my first year. Could've had the SW chair but declined it for a reason)
Second Lodge: Marshall

Spoke too soon, the brother that was elected as Senior Warden resigned the night before installation. Looks like I'll be the favorite to be nominated again.
I - Oct 17, 2009

P - Jan 16, 2010

R - March 6, 2010

Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret - Nov 13, 2010

Sir Knight - Feb 26, 201
windrider View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/09/2012 at 10:59am
The Worshipful Master asked me to take the Junior Deacon seat. We'll see where I sit in the summer when we have our installation. I'm working on the Middle Chamber lecture just in case.

Master, Webmaster, Lodge Ambassador
Ancient York Lodge AF&AM

Lowell, MA

God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
usafvet98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafvet98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2012 at 9:14pm
I was recently appointed Junior Master of Ceremonies for this year and so far enjoy it very much. My first masonic Birthday is the 20th of this month. I am looking forward to moving through the chairs.
Brian Evichin- J.M.C.
Honesdale Lodge #218

Wood Working Hobbyist

Pen Turner / Gunsmith

Disabled Air Force Veteran

Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2012 at 1:08am
I was officially installed as the Worshipful Master of Pontotoc Lodge #81 yesterday evening.  At our District's open installation meeting, my family and I sat with our GM during dinner.  He absolutely fell in love with my little girls and gave each of them a pin that he designed at the start of his year as GM.  We had a great time.
Past Master
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2012 at 1:44am

Tonight I was installed Senior Steward! This is my first chair outside of degree work and filling in for an absent brother. I'm excited about the new year and continuing my Masonic journey. This past thursday I was also installed as the Master of the First Veil in my Royal Arch Chapter. I guess technically and chronologically that was my first chair but the BL comes first so my chair there comes first too.

Got a busy year ahead of me. I'll be sitting in the East for the first MM degree of the year. I'm nervous but I'm really excited at the same time.

Congratulations.

Originally posted by 3DistinctKnocks 3DistinctKnocks wrote:

I was officially installed as the Worshipful Master of Pontotoc Lodge #81 yesterday evening.  At our District's open installation meeting, my family and I sat with our GM during dinner.  He absolutely fell in love with my little girls and gave each of them a pin that he designed at the start of his year as GM.  We had a great time.

Congratulations brother. Question: the installation in your lodge and this district open installation are two different things correct?

PHA-AL

Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2012 at 9:06am
Caution,
The officers from all 7 Lodges in my district were installed in a mass installation.  The Marshall conducts the officer from the host Lodge to the East and then to his chair.  When (for example) the WM is conducted to the East, all other incoming WM's stand and and answer the questions.  When the host WM is seated, all WM's sit down.  Then the incoming SW is conducted to the East, all incoming SW's stand, etc.  This is an open meeting, so wifes, children, profane can come and enjoy the evening.
Past Master
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/16/2012 at 9:46am
I see.

Quite interesting.

PHA-AL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic