Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > Military Brethren
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

READ THIS - OPSEC and Related Matters

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palmetto Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: READ THIS - OPSEC and Related Matters
    Posted: May/26/2010 at 7:56am
The administrators and moderators of these forums would like to remind all users - military, former military, and all others - to take special care when posting messages that may fall into the areas associated with operational security (OPSEC) and related security concerns. Please follow these simple guidelines.  

The posting of the email addresses of others is always bad form - regardless of whether or not they have any military affiliation. The posting of personal and family information of those serving, having a potential to serve, or have served in a hostile fire zone is to be avoided. Any postings that describe exact places and their layouts in a hostile fire zone (Iraq, Afghanistan, etc), tactics used in those places, or details of operations/troop movements is bad business.

Remember - The "bad guys" have Internet, too.

If I have missed some suggested guidelines, please feel free to add to this thread.
Homo sum; humani nihil a me alienum puto.

http://palmettomason.blogspot.com/
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2010 at 10:24am
Please, remember dates as well.  Unit deployment dates and the dates of ships' movement is considered Classifed and should not be posted on unsecured internet sites.
Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/26/2010 at 4:44pm
OPSEC HOOAH!
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
Groupie View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Groupie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/14/2010 at 2:28pm
Hooah ! that is right OPSEC is a Must know that we have the enemy at large !
SJD
soltaran View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soltaran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2012 at 11:28am
Interesting ...

I remember being on holiday with the family (my wife is a police officer, I used to work in the defence industry .. GEC Marconi, Raytheon) in Dubai.  One evening we were sitting on our balcony and could hear, plain as day, a female US military bod talking on the phone next to the open window next door  about a meeting she was having the following day .. when/when and so on.  Anyone who cared to could hear.  Security ? I think not!
My wife and I decided to -loudly- comment that as we could hear, we just hoped that there was no-one inimicable within hearing ...
We just hope it had the desired effect!

So don't forget to move away from open windows -or close them- before talking about sensitive info!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic