Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cornerstone pictures

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cornerstone pictures
    Posted: July/27/2010 at 9:15am

How many brothers have ever taken pictures of the cornerstone of your lodge.  Here's the one from my lodge.  Thought I'd share it with you Brothers.

Pleiades Lodge 478
Illumination Lodge No. 5
Old Chicago York Rite Bodies
Medinah Shriners
Valley of Chicago
Illuminati AMD Council No 495
www.livingstonesmagazine.com

3DistinctKnocks View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2010 at 3:54pm
I'll have to take and post a pic of the cornerstone at our county courthouse...its really different from others that I've seen.  Good topic, btw.  I'll have to stop by the lodge to take some pics of our cornerstones...we have three!!!
Update:
I finally got around to remembering to take a pic of the Pontotoc County Courthouse's cornerstone.  Here it is:

Edited by 3DistinctKnocks - September/14/2010 at 4:55am
Past Master
Pontotoc Lodge #81 F.&A.M.
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2010 at 9:31am
I will try to locate the picture I have of my Mother lodge's cornerstone.
+1 on this being a good topic.

Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra
Member The Masonic Society
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 11:14pm
Can anyone tell me what the extra devise is on the square and compasses in the picture I posted above?  A quadrant, perhaps??  Like I posted earlier, this cornerstone is on our county's courthouse, and not a masonic lodge...I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Past Master
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 11:19pm
Originally posted by 3DistinctKnocks 3DistinctKnocks wrote:

Can anyone tell me what the extra devise is on the square and compasses in the picture I posted above?  A quadrant, perhaps??  Like I posted earlier, this cornerstone is on our county's courthouse, and not a masonic lodge...I don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Methinks it's a quadrant, too.
I can remember using a compass at school with such an attachment and if my memory is correct, it had the degree markings on it.
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 11:40pm
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

I can remember using a compass at school with such an attachment and if my memory is correct, it had the degree markings on it.
Notice the points of the compasses in regard to the square in this photo?  I thought that was very interesting, as I've never seen it in a cornerstone.
Past Master
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 5:38am

Notice the points of the compasses in regard to the square in this photo?  I thought that was very interesting, as I've never seen it in a cornerstone.
** Be mindful, to those who respond, that this is a public forum.**

Mr Bigs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 6:50am

Hmmmmm that is very interesting !!!!!!
CAMB.MASON View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAMB.MASON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 7:24am
 that is a old fashion compass, you will find compass like those and set up like that in early freemasonry.
I remain Fraternally Yours:

Curator & Historian
Cambridge Masonic Temple Cambridge, Massachusetts

Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3DistinctKnocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 7:42am

I should have thought to write in a non-disclosure on that one...my bad, y'all.  Not really seeking a response to my prior statement...simply noting the symbol.
Past Master
OES Pontotoc Chapter #42
The Trestle Board
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 8:00am

I should have thought to write in a non-disclosure on that one...my bad, y'all.  Not really seeking a response to my prior statement...simply noting the symbol.
We'll put it this way.........if you disclosed, I'd make you bang your head on the keyboard.Wink
Mainly for those who need a reminder.Big smile

bsidepro465 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsidepro465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 10:02am
Chairman
NGL Historical & Research Society
F&AAYM PHO-NC
www.nglhrs.org
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 10:08am

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
bsidepro465 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bsidepro465 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 12:01pm
Cornerstone from Historic Ebeneezer Baptist Church. The church led by the Rev.Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Chairman
NGL Historical & Research Society
F&AAYM PHO-NC
www.nglhrs.org
150man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 1:22pm
Pleiades Lodge 478
Illumination Lodge No. 5
Old Chicago York Rite Bodies
Medinah Shriners
Valley of Chicago
Illuminati AMD Council No 495
www.livingstonesmagazine.com

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic