Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ladies Organizations & Youth Organizations > Order of DeMolay
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

what do demolay boys do

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: what do demolay boys do
    Posted: August/12/2010 at 1:35am
i have been asked to lead the group of my los angeles area grand lodge i would like some insight on what do they do other than practice the ritual.

maybe a better question is what can i do with them other than the ritual?
how often should we meet for us to have an effective group?
tips on how to increase the numbers of participating young men?
how to retaining them?
goals?
fund raising ideas?
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 10:23am
First,  los angeles area grand lodge?  What is this group?
Second have you never been involved with a youth group?
Third it would not be normal for someone to be asked to be the leader of a youth group without already having served on the counsel in another position.

We need more information.
Also in Calif. you would have to go through a background check and training classes.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 11:22am

Originally posted by young saint young saint wrote:

i have been asked to lead the group of my los angeles area grand lodge i would like some insight on what do they do other than practice the ritual.maybe a better question is what can i do with them other than the ritual?how often should we meet for us to have an effective group?tips on how to increase the numbers of participating young men?how to retaining them?goals?fund raising ideas?

I to am wondering why you would be in a position of leadership when you don't know what DeMolay does?

I believe there are rules that stipulate how often they meet.

If you don't know the goals, then you certainly should not lead.

Last but certainly not least what is a Los Angeles area Grand Lodge because neither the GL of CA or the MWPHGL of CA are in LA.

Edited by Flotown79 - August/12/2010 at 10:32pm

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
150man View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 150man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 3:06pm
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm getting a uneasy feeling about this poster.
Pleiades Lodge 478
Illumination Lodge No. 5
Old Chicago York Rite Bodies
Medinah Shriners
Valley of Chicago
Illuminati AMD Council No 495
www.livingstonesmagazine.com

tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 6:46pm
Let's not prejudge, without first having the facts.Big smile
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
Palmetto Bug View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palmetto Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 10:18pm
Exclamation
Homo sum; humani nihil a me alienum puto.

http://palmettomason.blogspot.com/
phinehasm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinehasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 11:51pm
Hiram of Tyre Grand Lodge

Executive Lodge #69 is my blue lodge
im the current WJW

myself and a brother of mine will be two of the leaders in training over our CB Tarrance  youth.
they meet on the 1st and 3rd saturday but lately they have not meet much due to the leader having a change in his job schedule.
they were a group of 20 or more young men but now it has dwindled down to less than 5 regular attendees and two of them are junior leaders (over 17 or 18).

im looking for ideas on how my lodge brother and myself can best serve the group.  i would like to increase the numbers, retention, and move them into the 7 blue lodges in the los angeles area of my grand lodge.
they do have their own grand session every year in fresno ca. although it was canceled this year because of the low number of youth in our grand lodge as a whole.

i spoke to some of the jr. leaders and they really could tell me what else they did other than practice the ritual when they meet.
i ask them why they stayed so long and they didnt have a clear answer for me either, other than they are there for their younger brother who is about 13years old.

i am a middle school teacher and the director of the chrdren's department at my church. i also am the middle and high school teacher for my sunday school.

raised in nov. 2009

phinehasm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinehasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 11:55pm
also there is a Grand Lodge Youth director over the that i havent spoken to as of yet mainly because i dont have his number and he is in oakland. 
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/12/2010 at 11:56pm
My first advice would be to contact a regular GL at see about becoming a member.  I mentioned the two located in CA in my previous post.

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
phinehasm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinehasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 12:03am
i research that and found out that were legal
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 12:06am
Originally posted by phinehasm phinehasm wrote:

i research that and found out that were legal

I did not say legal, I said regular.

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 12:15am
Please do more research on the World Masonic Parliament.  Even before you do that, your GL was once called Fletcher GL and he created this group after being expelled from the MWPHGL of CA.  

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 12:21am
Do you know why John G Jones is called the Father of Bogus Masonry?

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
phinehasm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phinehasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 12:23am
yes he also is the first american(black or white)  bestowed the right to start the shrine club in america. so people complain about the blue lodge but cant wait to be a shriner. its a double standard.
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 12:26am

yes he also is the first american(black or white)  bestowed the right to start the shrine club in america. so people complain about the blue lodge but cant wait to be a shriner. its a double standard.

Look at the years.  He got that title (Bogus Masonry) after being expelled and began creating GL over the country.

What makes your GL regular?

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 12:49am

So are you saying John G Jones started the Shrine in America?  I thought 1870 was before 1893.

F. E. Thomas III, MPS
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 2:58am

Total crap!   .... the Shriners, A.A.O.M.N.S. was invented and established by Dr. Walter M. Fleming, M.D., and William J. Florence in 1870. The first Temple was Mecca Temple and was established at the New York City Masonic Hall on September 26, 1872. Fleming was the first Potentate. 

Now why does young saint and phinehasm both have the same IP number (76.194.234.211)????  Are you asking and answering your own questions?   .... there is a complete lack of knowledge here by Clandestine Masons.

Edited by edwmax - August/13/2010 at 3:01am
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 3:19am

Hiram of Tyre Grand Lodge

Executive Lodge #69 is my blue lodge
im the current WJW

myself and a brother of mine will be two of the leaders in training over our CB Tarrance  youth.
they meet on the 1st and 3rd saturday but lately they have not meet much due to the leader having a change in his job schedule.
they were a group of 20 or more young men but now it has dwindled down to less than 5 regular attendees and two of them are junior leaders (over 17 or 18).

This is not a DeMolay youth group, so why do you think we are willing to help you to give improper instructions and guidance to any youths?   ... I think if you need help, then go to your Church for assistance, because you are not a Freemason.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
Mr Bigs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bigs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2010 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

Total poo-poo!   .... the Shriners, A.A.O.M.N.S. was invented and established by Dr. Walter M. Fleming, M.D., and William J. Florence in 1870. The first Temple was Mecca Temple and was established at the New York City Masonic Hall on September 26, 1872. Fleming was the first Potentate. 

Now why does young saint and phinehasm both have the same IP number (76.194.234.211)????  Are you asking and answering your own questions?   .... there is a complete lack of knowledge here by Clandestine Masons.
I just celebrated Florence Day with the Mecca Shrine a few weeks ago in Bklyn.Smile
7 precepts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7 precepts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2012 at 11:28am
the only thing i got out of this thread is i finally know who is the cause of bogus masonry in modern america thanks to googling the name  John G Jones.
Bro. Kendall Jewell
2* Senior DeMolay
Lynn Skinner Chapter
3* Master Mason
Bartlett#211 GLofTn F&AM
32* Master of the Royal Secret
Valley of Memphis Orient of Tennessee
Yellow Dog etc... etc... etc...
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2012 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by 7 precepts 7 precepts wrote:

the only thing i got out of this thread is i finally know who is the cause of bogus masonry in modern america thanks to googling the name  John G Jones.

Don't forget Aleister Crowley.
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7 precepts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by jaya jaya wrote:

although he was a clandestine mason, his work in occultism cannot be overlooked. Espoused and promulgated the Law of Thelema, brought forth the Great White Brotherhoods Order A.'.A.'. and not to mention he set on course with the Ordo Templi Orientis and shot off like a rocket with it, he wrote the main ritual of the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica's ritual "The Gnostic Mass" which is full of khabalastic and hermetic language. Frater Babylon had his quirks but he was a man ahead of his time in my opinion. i'm not here saying everything he wrote/said was true or even sane, but as one who is familiar with most of his Liber's, he's alright.
Bro. Kendall Jewell
2* Senior DeMolay
Lynn Skinner Chapter
3* Master Mason
Bartlett#211 GLofTn F&AM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7 precepts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/29/2012 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by jaya jaya wrote:

although he was a clandestine mason, his work in occultism cannot be overlooked. Espoused and promulgated the Law of Thelema, brought forth the Great White Brotherhoods Order A.'.A.'. and not to mention he set on course with the Ordo Templi Orientis and shot off like a rocket with it, he wrote the main ritual of the Ecclesia Gnostica Catholica's ritual "The Gnostic Mass" which is full of khabalastic and hermetic language. Frater Babylon had his quirks but he was a man ahead of his time in my opinion. i'm not here saying everything he wrote/said was true or even sane, but as one who is familiar with most of his Liber's, he's alright.
and crowley stopped making masons in the OTO in the 20's and rewrote the 1*-3* and created a Miniveral degree. nothing masonic anymore.
Bro. Kendall Jewell
2* Senior DeMolay
Lynn Skinner Chapter
3* Master Mason
Bartlett#211 GLofTn F&AM
AaronSawyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSawyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2014 at 3:22pm

This thread has a bizarre twist.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic