Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > The Laughing Corner
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Be Nice To Your Wife

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be Nice To Your Wife
    Posted: September/13/2010 at 6:08pm
Dear Friends

It is important for men to remember that, as women grow older, it becomes harder for them to maintain the same quality of housekeeping as when they were younger.
When you notice this, try to show some understanding.

My name is  Don, and let me relate how I handled the situation with my wife, Janet.

When I retired a few years ago, it became necessary for Janet to  get a full time job along with her part-time job, both for extra  income and for the health benefits that we need.

Shortly after she started working, I noticed she was beginning  to show her age. I usually get home from fishing or the golf course  about the same time she gets home from work. Although she knows how hungry I  am, she almost always says she has to rest for half an hour or so before she starts dinner.  I don't yell at her. Instead, I tell her to take her  time and just wake me when she gets dinner on the table. I generally have lunch in the Men's Club Grill at the golf course, so eating out again at night is not reasonable. I'm ready for some home-cooking when I hit that door.

She used to do the dishes as soon as we finished eating, but now  it's not unusual for them to sit on the table for several hours after  dinner. I do what I can by diplomatically reminding her several times each  evening that the dishes won't clean themselves. I know she really appreciates  this, as
it does seem to motivate her to get them done before she goes to bed.

Another symptom of aging is complaining. For example, she will  say that it is difficult for her to find time to pay the monthly bills and  grocery shop during her lunch hour. But, boys, we take 'em for better or  worse, so I just smile and offer encouragement. I tell her to stretch it out  over two or
even three days. That way she won't have to rush so much. I also  remind her that missing lunch completely now and then wouldn't hurt her any  (if you know what I mean). I like to think that this is one of my strong  points.

When Janet is doing simple jobs, she seems to think she needs  more rest periods. She had to take a break when she was only half finished  mowing the yard. I try not to make a scene. I'm a fair man. I tell her to fix herself a nice , big, cold glass of freshly squeezed lemonade and just sit for a while. And, as long as she is making  one for herself, she may as well make one for me, too --- or just bring  me a cold beer in a frosted mug.

I know that I probably look like a saint in the way I support Janet, and I'm not saying that showing this much consideration is easy. Nobody knows better than I do how frustrating women get as they get older,  but, guys, even if you just use a little more tact and less criticism of your  aging wife
because of this letter, I will consider that writing it was well worth while.   After all, we are put on this earth to help each other.
Signed,
Don

EDITOR'S NOTE:

Don died tragically on June 1st of a perforated rectum. The police report says he was found with a Calloway extra long 50-inch Big Bertha  Driver II golf club jammed up his rear end, with barely 5 inches of grip  showing and with a sledge hammer lying nearby.

His wife Janet was arrested and charged with murder. The all-woman jury took only 15 minutes to find her Not Guilty, accepting her  defense that Don somehow, without looking, accidentally sat down on his golf club.

Edited by De Darrah - September/13/2010 at 6:13pm
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2010 at 6:40pm
What happened to the golf club.?
I'm looking  for a new driver and seeing that there is one available(Janet can clean it up.........especially the grip as I have very clean hands, then send it over.)
I don't mind if Janet pays the postage as I'm a pensioner and I just know that Janet sold her story to the papers and has also collected big on Don's life insurance, so it won't be a problem costwise for her.
BTW, what state is the golf bag in.???
If it's in good condition, you may as well put the driver in it and send that over as well.
Don't worry about the golf balls.........I have plenty, thank you.

Edited by tm274 - September/13/2010 at 6:51pm
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2014 at 9:53pm
Hilarious!!!! The wife didn't think so....
rmcgehee View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rmcgehee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2014 at 3:07am
When I read this joke to my wife she said "that guy should be hung by his balls" lol
E- 9/29/81.P- 11/10/81.R- 1/19/82
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2014 at 9:36pm
Nice!
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2014 at 2:14pm
Poor Don, always helping and encouraging his wife and look what he got for his kindness. The wife should hide her face in shame.(Any ladies reading this all I said was in jest, no hate mail or death threats please).

Edited by Warrior1256 - September/16/2014 at 2:17pm
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic