Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

where did you put your car emblem? - Event Date: January/06/2011 - January/01/2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: where did you put your car emblem?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
24 [61.54%]
11 [28.21%]
3 [7.69%]
1 [2.56%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tanizaki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Caution1010 Caution1010 wrote:

Originally posted by BroClaude357 BroClaude357 wrote:

I bought a car sticker, but it's still in my car...literally, in my glove compartment

I really just want to slap it at the back of my car with pride but my WM told me that's a bad idea, so I'd just wait till the moment is right.

I wonder why he told you that was not a good idea?

I just got raised and he's in the process of teaching me and my CTs how to protect our light. 

@tm lol...I am. Try me :)

Can you please explain this more? I have seen this phrase used before on a few occasions, and it seems to usually involve accosting anyone bearing a S&C and demanding proof that he is a Mason.

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read a book of quotations." - classy Sir Winston Churchill

I crack wise in real life all the time, but have never been to an emergency room. Top notch!
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Tanizaki Tanizaki wrote:

Originally posted by BroClaude357 BroClaude357 wrote:

I bought a car sticker, but it's still in my car...literally, in my glove compartment

I really just want to slap it at the back of my car with pride but my WM told me that's a bad idea, so I'd just wait till the moment is right.

I wonder why he told you that was not a good idea?

I just got raised and he's in the process of teaching me and my CTs how to protect our light. 

@tm lol...I am. Try me :)

Can you please explain this more? I have seen this phrase used before on a few occasions, and it seems to usually involve accosting anyone bearing a S&C and demanding proof that he is a Mason.

There is nothing or no one to that you must protect you emblem from.  If your WM has told you that  "that's a bad idea, so I'd just wait till the moment is right" well all I am going to say is if you are a MM then then moment is right.

Griffin View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Flotown79 Flotown79 wrote:

Tolcu79 do you have a pic of the tag design for the GL of AL?

I found one, Flow. I still think they need to work on the cool factor of this design though.

Edit: the sides are cut off a bit (I had to copy the image and paste/save in paint and it got a bit messed up)

Edited by Griffin - January/13/2011 at 1:16pm
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 1:17pm
Nice and classy.
tolcu79 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tolcu79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Griffin Griffin wrote:

Originally posted by Flotown79 Flotown79 wrote:

Tolcu79 do you have a pic of the tag design for the GL of AL?

I found one, Flow. I still think they need to work on the cool factor of this design though.

Edit: the sides are cut off a bit (I had to copy the image and paste/save in paint and it got a bit messed up)

Apparently the lady at the Licenses and Tag office explained it to me quite a bit differently.  She said it had a blue s & c behind the license plate # and said freemason somewhere at the top or bottom.  Oh well I am glad you were able to find a pic.  Personally I'm not in love with it but I will buy one though.

"I will strive to live - with love and care - upon the level - by the square." Anonymous
Senior Deacon Florence #14
Shoals Valley AASR

Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 1:57pm
@flotown. I hear what u r saying, but let me ask u, how long u been a PHA F$AM?
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
Flotown79 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flotown79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 8:43pm
14 years in a few months.  
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 9:18pm
Man that's a long time. Wish I was at ur level, but check this, say a month into being an MM, would u say u had enough knowledge as u did in 6 months in order to protect ur lights/in situations of a challenge?

PHA-AL

Griffin View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by tolcu79 tolcu79 wrote:

Apparently the lady at the Licenses and Tag office explained it to me quite a bit differently.  She said it had a blue s & c behind the license plate # and said freemason somewhere at the top or bottom.  Oh well I am glad you were able to find a pic.  Personally I'm not in love with it but I will buy one though.

I didn't buy one. However, the image came straight from the Grand Lodge's website here

I would be interested to know if the actual purchased ones look different.

Edited by Griffin - January/13/2011 at 9:48pm
tolcu79 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tolcu79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 9:45am
I'm not sure but I renew in March.  I guess I will find out then if they are available.

"I will strive to live - with love and care - upon the level - by the square." Anonymous
Senior Deacon Florence #14
Shoals Valley AASR

Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 10:32am
just gettin on a pc and looking @ the tag. Eww, thats ugly. IMO of course

PHA-AL

Griffin View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 6:14pm
yeah, i'm hoping maybe that's just a bad template picture.
Palmetto Bug View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Palmetto Bug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 6:45pm
Is this the best thing that Masons can find to talk about? Sheesh.
Homo sum; humani nihil a me alienum puto.

http://palmettomason.blogspot.com/
fireman99 View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireman99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 6:59pm
Surprised that this hasnt turned into a argument too.......
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 6:59pm
Right side of my trunk beside the tail light :)

PHA-AL

Sincere A View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sincere A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2011 at 12:39am
i put mine on the right side above the tail lights as well
MikeS. View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeS. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2011 at 4:02am
On the back bumper to the right of the license plate.
MikeS.

Past Master,

Triluminar Lodge #117 of WVa

Bethesda Chapter #16 R.A.M.

Tall Cedars, Shenadoah Forest #150

Middleway, WVa.
CLewey44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLewey44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2014 at 6:48am
Hello, I was thinking on the right side as a representation of it being in the east (as a map would represent maybe) or is the left side more appropriate for soe me reason?

Thanks fellows and brothers for your guidance.

Clint
Edmond Lodge 37
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2014 at 9:56am
Originally posted by CLewey44 CLewey44 wrote:

Hello, I was thinking on the right side as a representation of it being in the east (as a map would represent maybe) or is the left side more appropriate for soe me reason?

Thanks fellows and brothers for your guidance.

Clint
Edmond Lodge 37

Its not that complicated.   I have seen typically its on the side of the person who primarily uses the vehicle.   For example, I have seen OES/DOE/HOJ etc on the left and Blue/York/AASR/Shrine etc on the right - which tells me that its her car...
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2014 at 1:38pm
I have mine on the left rear (driver side) of my vehicle just because that's where I had seen most of them placed. although in my personal opinion I don't believe it matters where you put it as long as it's there.   I know a lot of brothers who don't have emblems on their vehicles. I think everyone should have at least a blue lodge emblem. It's free advertising for the fraternity.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic