Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > A Bikers Barstool online
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

For my Club Riders, who runs your state?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: For my Club Riders, who runs your state?
    Posted: January/12/2011 at 12:44pm
Been riding a lot more lately until the weather recently got real chilly here in Florida. However I now ride with an MC and have been learning about how certain clubs claim states.  Here in Florida Outlaws MC (1%er club) runs the state so to say in the biker world. My father rides and I never understood the club talk until I joined one for myself. Anyway for the fellow MC Riders out there, if your in a state at which a club lays claim, who claims your state?
J. Edwin Larson #361
Valley of Tallahassee
GL F&AM State of Florida
Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 2:03pm
well i'm from tallahassee, can't really bring up a debate with ya., but i lived in colorado springs for four years while i was stationed there i found that RR runs Colorado i was told the Presidentials runs ga i may be wrong about that!
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
gatorboots View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 2:41pm
Oh okay, well from what I learned from the PRO convention, Ruff Ryders can claim cities, not the state since they are deemed a Social Club and not a Motorcycle Club. I'm still getting the logistics of the overall hierarchy within the Biker World
J. Edwin Larson #361
Valley of Tallahassee
GL F&AM State of Florida
Noble Monty View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noble Monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 4:58pm

Well here in the Lone Star State, it's Red & Gold Country. Bandido Land...And you pay to ride here, to be legit club, you will be a member of the TXCOC, ran by the Bandidos.

No club is allow to have Texas on there back but them, being a Marine Vet club..We claim no turf! To much hassle. Just know your surroundings. I left Dallas in 2006, headed to NC. I had to park my Cut/Vest due to Pagan Land. Bad blood between the two. Even tho i am not a member, but i wear a TXCOC patch, they put us under there wings of protection. Same way for Cali, Mongols & HA's, go out there as a Pagan or Bandido...

Again, do your homework before you patch up. At least for a three piece patch holder. Find out who's turf you riding on!

Bro Monty

Pride of Albany#360 PHA (Ga)

Denison#191 AASR SJ PHA (TX)

Zafir Temple#237 AEAONMS(TX)
aogop View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aogop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/12/2011 at 6:44pm

Up here, Bandidos.

Edited by aogop - January/12/2011 at 6:45pm
JerryP.

PM- Shoreline Lodge#248 F&AM

Shoreline, WA.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 10:39am
Keep in coming Fellow Patch Holders, this is great information being that I plan on doing a lot of traveling on my bike once the riding season commences.

@Noble Monty, yea I starting to realize that the more education you have on who runs what states, the better your riding experience will be with riding with colors. I plan on eventually making a listing you which clubs run which states. I feel that may be real useful to current and perspective club riders.
J. Edwin Larson #361
Valley of Tallahassee
GL F&AM State of Florida
Stuntman98 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stuntman98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 11:48am
S.S. Sons of Light No.77
P.M. Pride of The Walton No.110
MWPHGL Washington
District No.9

SPAIN MILITARY CONSISTORY #99 AASR,PHA
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noble Monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/13/2011 at 2:55pm
gatorboots, if you ever want to cross the Lone Star State with a Patch on. Give me a shout out, and i will get you cleared. That's one thing i have learned, let them know you are coming through. Cold beer and tow truck are always on stand by.

It's nice to have a name to throw out when you stop to get gas, and someone approaches you. "Where you from, and do you know where you are at" that's when you hit them with the 52 fake out, "yeah, i called Bandido Mike out of FtWorth, he knows i am riding through"
Wink
Bro Monty

stonecutter View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 8:15am
Knowing which club is dominant in each state or part of each state is good to know, but doesn't have a lot of importance unless you ride with an M/C or an Association that wears patches. Anyone who does belong to a patch wearing organization has a responsibility to do their homework in regards to the M/C lifestyle and related protocols. There's a lot to know which can keep you and your club or RA out of trouble.

Knowing which clubs are in each state and which ones are the dominant's is especially important if you plan on traveling through certain states and you'll be wearing your colors during the road trip. I'm inserting a map which shows the Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs in each state. I found it to be fairly accurate and comprehensive, but it doesn't list the dominant club in each. That is research you have to do on your own. But once you get to know who the Big Dogs are, it's not too hard to figure out which ones are the controlling or dominant club in that state.

We can't solve our problems by using the same kind of thinking that created them.
LilJack View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 11:11am
Not to ruffle any feathers, but throwing someones name out isn't the best idea. Especially if you don't know them personally.

My advice has always been, if you are riding alone in areas unknown it's best to stow the vest. Any questions you get after that will be curiosity questions. Be respectfull and you'll be fine.

Not necessarily pertinent to the original question but I find this site to be very informative
 http://www.rcvsmc.net/

Note, I am new to this forum. If posting the above link is in bad form please let me know.

Hyland Jarmon lodge #113
I - 8-30-2010
P - 12-20-2010
R - 01-24-2011
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2011 at 9:29am
@stonecutter Appreciate it, this will help out tremendously. Been attending a lot of anniversaries and meeting a lot of 1%ers (OutLaws,OutCasts), some of which are cool, and some well you know. Surprisingly a outstanding amount of their members are legitimate Masons, (which seemed somewhat contradicting). Exchanged a lot of business cards, so when I travel hopefully there wouldn't be any issues.

My clubs national president advised that you always stow your colors in the event your not aware of the dominant club of that state, so thanks for that reassurance on his advice @LilJack
J. Edwin Larson #361
Valley of Tallahassee
GL F&AM State of Florida
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noble Monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2011 at 2:40pm
To clarify my statement to LiJack,

Due to the fact i was riding from NC back to Tx, and Tx back to NC. I had my Prez contact the Prez of the Local Chapter of the Bandidos for approval to cross over into another Red & Gold state. I was told if anyone asked, to tell them to call him. "Name with held" Bandido Mike was just an example.

NC was a No-No, could not chance it. Nomad land, no shame in putting the cut away for safety reasons. Once i hit Ga it was a green light. Hard part now, getting profiled by the PD. I get stopped more,  then i do on the interstate. All because i have a vest on!!!Sad part, we are a Marine Vet Club! Censored Blame it on Son's of Anarchy....Everyone is not a 1% MC....
Bro Monty

LilJack View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2011 at 3:06pm
Noble Monty,

Covering your tracks and having your club reach out on your behalf is a good way to do it.  I may not have communicated my thoughts well enough, didn't mean to bash you.
I know what you mean about being profiled, I ride with a R\C. Single patch, no rocker etc... and still get looked at by the PD. Sadly, some people see the SOA as more than a tv show.
Hyland Jarmon lodge #113
I - 8-30-2010
P - 12-20-2010
R - 01-24-2011
fireman99 View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fireman99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2011 at 3:16pm
Just a question... do you think any association with a COC or any 1%er groups is a good idea for a Masonic group...ie...the Widows Sons......sometimes John Q Public doesnt know if you are outlaws or the Christian Riders Association.....
I believe Stonecutter may be able to shed some insight on this and potential problems from GL....
LilJack View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/25/2011 at 11:39am
Originally posted by fireman99 fireman99 wrote:

Just a question... do you think any association with a COC or any 1%er groups is a good idea for a Masonic group...ie...the Widows Sons......sometimes John Q Public doesnt know if you are outlaws or the Christian Riders Association.....
I believe Stonecutter may be able to shed some insight on this and potential problems from GL....

Hope there is no problem, I am a member of the COC in MS, ABATE, AMA and hold an officers position in a riding club or R\C. I know plenty of Masons in our riding club as well.
As for John Q Public, with no knowledge of the biker community, and their perception. Seems to me they lump us all together. I ride a Goldwing, wear a leather vest with a single patch on the back. I have my officer title on the front along with my road name, which I attained in the military. I can ride my bike to the store and be received cautiously, the next day drive my pickup and be received as a regular Joe.
I think Hollywierd has a big part to play in this perception.  Or course, there are some groups out there that feed this view to the public too.
Hyland Jarmon lodge #113
I - 8-30-2010
P - 12-20-2010
R - 01-24-2011
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noble Monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/26/2011 at 11:44am
i Can only speak for the Lone Star State, if you do not want any trouble wearing a vest/cut. You need that COC patch. If i am correct, they passed a rule back in 2007, there will be no more new clubs. You have to join what is already here. There are some groups who will not join due to a heavy 1% involvement. I remind them why the COC was even started.

But again this is for the cruiser side, not sure if any sport bikes have to deal with this. Heck, with my sun tan, it's hard enough riding with a cut on. Sometimes you have to get gut check and prove you belong here. With 50k on my bike, the set up of it, the 3-piece patch, US Marine, Dip, Smoke Cigars, drink Wilds Turkey, and been around the block a couple of times... They kinda leave you alone. add in they see the square and compass...

If i can get welcomed by some of the hardest 1% MC's, while out of state! and walk out alive, i guess i passed the test!!! but i still could not wear my vest, "you ok, but put the cut away while you are on our turf" One thing i can say, most 1% can spot a fake/want a be...

Ride it like you stole it!!!!
Bro Monty

stonecutter View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stonecutter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/27/2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by fireman99 fireman99 wrote:

That's a tricky question to answer. For one, some COC's won't allow RA's or RC's to join.
Some COC's are worthless, and some live up to their intended purpose. It all boils down to which clubs & associations are members of the COC before you agree to join. The amount of COC's that are predominantly 1% clubs is in the minority. Most have a good representation of all the clubs in the state. If your COC has a good share of benign (peaceful) clubs & associations in it, being a member can be good for a Masonic RA or RC. Having the state's 1% clubs as members of the COC shouldn't be a problem as long as the other types of clubs are equally represented.
If your GL has any questions or concerns, they need to be informed that COC's are nothing more than a Bikers Rights Organization, similar to ABATE. At least that's what they're supposed to be. In a few cases they mainly serve as a peacekeeping council for the rougher clubs.

As in all things related to motorcycling, ya gotta do your homework and make an educated decision.
We can't solve our problems by using the same kind of thinking that created them.
triplej220 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triplej220 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/29/2011 at 2:05am
I live in Arizona Home of the HA's.  But pretty much they don't have any problem with you unless you are wearing an Arizona Rocker without their permission.....As long as you aren't doing that and give them a little respect then they are pretty cool with you.  I have even been invited to ride with them a few times after encountering them on the road....they have just told me to fall in line.  Makes the trips faster as they don't slow down for anything......kinda scary too. 

Edited by triplej220 - January/29/2011 at 2:05am
GEORGE W.PRIOLEAU #13 MWPHGLAZ

Initiated - 25 May 2001

Passed - 22 June 2001

Raised - 20 July 2001

Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gatorboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 2:16pm
Been on a business trip for the last couple of weeks. Good Information once again Brothers. If I'm ever riding through anyone's home town I'll be sure to contact you all prior to doing so. Speaking of 1%ers, my club is a Support Club, not to be confused with an Affiliated club of OutCast (pretty much the African American OutLaws). Found that out after asking about a "Support Your Local OutCast/OutLaw" patch many of our club members wore. Its optional to wear one, so I opted out. One problem I dont need is clubs thinking I'm within a 1%er club, which was in question when we all traveled to another clubs anniversary.
J. Edwin Larson #361
Valley of Tallahassee
GL F&AM State of Florida
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noble Monty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 5:07pm
In the wrong hands, a 1% support club patches can get you in hot water.

While station in NC, the local club in the area were Pagans. One of their support clubs were the UnTamed Rebels, they proudly wore the 16patch. IMO they started more stuff then the Pagans. The problem that kept coming up, you had active duty Marines as members of the UTR Mc. When you are trying to hold down a TS Clearance, your off duty activities can get you in trouble.

I have seen it down here, Support your Local Red & Gold/Support the Bandidos stickers on bikes. Most use it as a new alarm system. LOL...Ouch

Here is the down fall, some of the Marines thought it would be cool to get a 16 tattoo. In support of the Pagans, Well what happens when you get stationed in Cali??? When you are in 81 country???OuchOuchOuch

Sometimes it just best to ride solo, less politics! I just want to ride and eat a greasy burger with some stale PBR.
Bro Monty

dumcheesemonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumcheesemonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/13/2011 at 6:51pm
up here in maine its HA. but theyr tame here. theres a small group of outlaws here that cause more issues than any of the other MCs. The perception of patch wearin riders up here isnt as bad as it was or could be. weve got a show (Ridin Steel) that comes on and helps if films all the charity rides. Most arent scared to see a patch anymore.  
initiated--12/20/10
passed--02/21/11
raised-- 4/2/11
Bulldog View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bulldog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2012 at 8:33pm
SC is Red & White
Grumpy / Byron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy / Byron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2012 at 10:26am
If you are in Fla. the Outlaws are dominant club, in central,  Fl. the Warlocks are somewhat in control of that area. best thing if you want to put a patch on your back, better learn the protocols. respect to MC's is the key, especially if they wear a 3 piece patch. some say they don't claim territory but when you wear a bottom rocker stating, a state, county, or town, you are claiming territory. don't let that get you into trouble. Any help I can give you let me know. 
Grumpy / Byron
Solidarity MC President
Past Master South Miami 308
Grumpy SFFS
Grumpy / Byron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grumpy / Byron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/17/2012 at 10:49am
technically you can't claim territory with out permission. riding clubs and associations should not wear a bottom rocker at all. Although in Fl. it can be different, North Fl. is the strictest part of the state. Always get approval from the dominant 1% club.
Grumpy SFFS
Hocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2013 at 2:53pm
Grumpy,
Just curios, since both The Masonic Brotherhood and MC Patch holders claim "Brotherhood" could you compare the differences if any in The two Brotherhood's definition of "Brotherhood?"
Barnacle Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnacle Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2013 at 12:42pm
Years ago before I joined the Army and was in college, I had a full time job as a nudie bar DJ.  3 of my last 4 clubs I worked for were owned by the Outlaws here in Jacksonville, Flori-duh.  I know a few of them by acquaintance and was surprised to hear who they were in the organization.  It almost scared the hell out of me but I was told that nobody would touch me or bother me (I left the clubs and screwed them badly).  Now I have one teaching me welding, but he knows I have no interest in knowing anything about the club and respects that because he knows I am a Freemason and that is more important to me than anything their club can offer.  This guy just says, "Well, everyone needs a brotherhood.  I have mine and you got yours.  Good stuff, bro."

With that being said, I do see various cuts all over the place and the current guys int he spot light now are the Black Pistons operating here with the OL's permission.  It really is a foreign world to me which I don't want anything to do with, but I run into from time to time because of some of my friends, the businesses they own, and me learning how to build bikes and more about my hotrods.  I dont' kiss butt, but I also don't mention anything about their affiliations.  Respect goes both ways and they have shown that to me, too.

Just my thoughts on it.< ="text/" id="_tmpl">
< ="text/" id="_tmpl">

Edited by Barnacle Bill - June/02/2013 at 12:42pm
"Quando Omni Flunkus... Moritati! - Mr. Red Green
Hocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2013 at 12:49pm
Bill, Thanks for the reply. I agree Respect goes both ways. But, you didn't touch on the question. Definition of Brotherhood by both, or did I miss it? I'm not the smartest guy out here!
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnacle Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2013 at 4:22pm
OLs run Florida from my understanding.  As for brotherhood, they have theirs and I have mine within the Masonic Body.< ="text/" id="_tmpl">
Hocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2013 at 4:56pm
THX, thought you knew both by the conversations. BTW, nice hotrod!
In Respect,
Ron
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnacle Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2013 at 7:47pm
Thank you. I know members of both clubs as acquaintances only, but never, never, never drop their names for any reason.

Oh, I am helping dad with his own hotrod right now and have started working on my Chopper build (Jesse James frame). Yep, I'm excited since I've never built a bike before.
ga.mason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ga.mason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2013 at 6:42am
Damn, who knew riding a bike could be so confusing nad take so much time to research. Guess I been doing it wrong for the last thirty years. I just ride, nod, and go on a bout my business. NEVER had a problem. Guess i never had the urge to play the whole "my gangs tougher than yours" game.
Snellville Lodge#99

Snellville,Georgia

Past Master 2011

2009 Mason of the Year (Snellville #99)

2011 Lodge of the Year (9th District)

DDGM Ninth District, Subdistrict F 2014
MOBETTA357 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MOBETTA357 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/20/2013 at 3:58pm
I'm retired Army and have been riding since '09 here in the DFW area with clubs and alone majority of the time. I wear a jacket in the winter months with just military patches attached to the front and back, but no rockers or club affiliation.
I didnt know turfs were so important still in this time frame. Its 2013, this gang stuff is really old. I left S.LA bc of that stuff in the 80's, and ppl still worry about you riding in their towns? REALLY???

Trowel#80
R: Sept 1990
MDEE
md johnson
Hyksos View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hyksos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2015 at 8:45pm
As the OP said, the outlaws run Florida (north Florida at least). The only way I know this is by having spoken to riders here. There's a widows sons chapter here as well that I've been riding with and they told me that the outlaws know who they are and don't have a problem with them. Hopefully that's true. I'm riding up into Georgia tomorow with some of the widows sons and they wear their colors, so I don't think there's any real risk associated with wearing the widows sons colors.
Gainesville Lodge #41
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic