Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Ladies Organizations & Youth Organizations > Order of DeMolay
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Groups

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumcheesemonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Groups
    Posted: March/16/2011 at 3:46pm
one night in my lodge the current WM (whose also in charge of demolay here) was talking about the different groups. i know about the eastern star for women, demolay and rainbow girls for young men and women, but i think he mentioned another group for even younger boys. does anybody know what its called or anything?
initiated--12/20/10
passed--02/21/11
raised-- 4/2/11
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2011 at 3:57pm
To my knowlege there is only DeMolay for boys (12-21).  Some places that have a large interest in the group will create a "pledge" group (i.e. DeMoay 2 B).
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2011 at 8:14am
As far as I know, there is only one group for boys, which is Demolay.  There are two groups for girls.  One is Rainbow and the other is Jobs Daughters.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
bizzyrich View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizzyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/17/2011 at 9:53am
I know for sure that there is only one group for boys, The "Order of DeMolay" to which i am a Past Master Councilor and an alumni.
I. 12.14.10/ P. 3.7.11/ R. 6.16.11
Red Deer Lodge #12, Grand Lodge of Alberta AF & AM
aogop View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aogop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 2:38pm
Washington DeMolay sponsors a "Squires" program for boys ages 10-12. They have their own ritual based on King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. Granted, the parts are very small Smile.  They would then join DeMolay once they get older.

Whether or not International sponsors this... I have no idea but I think they do.

Edit- They do

Edited by aogop - March/22/2011 at 2:39pm
JerryP.

PM- Shoreline Lodge#248 F&AM

Shoreline, WA.
bizzyrich View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizzyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 6:04pm
Bros. I was wrong

@aogop you are right, i just heard from my demolay chapter that they are planning to start this order of the squires.
bizzyrich View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bizzyrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 6:22pm
The Order of the Squires of the Round Table was established in 1995 as a pledge for the International Order of DeMolay. It's mission is to allow young men from the ages of 10 through 12 to have an opportunity to participate in some of the fun activities with DeMolay, but not to be overwhelmed with the age differences and ritual work that is part of DeMolay.
A Brief History

The Squire organization increased rapidly throughout different jurisdictions after it was first established, and in June of 1997 the first Squire Manor in the world—Vancouver Manor from Vancouver, Washington—was invited to the International Supreme Council to make the declaration of Squires international.

The basic organization is called a "Manor." The reason why the Squires are known as the Squires of the Round Table is because when the organization was first being put together in Vancouver, WA, the Squires didn't have anywhere to meet but in a card room gathered together around a round table. Each Squire Manor is sponsored by a DeMolay Chapter and under the control of the Advisory Council of the sponsoring Chapter.

The Squires ceremonies were written by Dad Edgar Trefts of Washington and they were designed to be easy for the Squires to learn and read, and to teach moral lessons. The original book of ceremonies was written after the original Squires of Vancouver Manor expressed the important values to themselves and their parents (always be kind, get a good education, tell the truth, care about others, be fair, etc.). Dad Trefts put the whole Squire book of ceremonies together in just over four hours while watching a TV program about a young man with Leukemia who wrote a book about his "Quest for Life." The ceremonies borrow lessons quotes from Jobs Daughters, Rainbow, DeMolay and Eastern Star.
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 6:58pm
"Squires" sounds like a great program for the younger boys.  Thanks for sharing that information with us.  I was in Demolay when I was of that age.   The Demolay chapters around here are struggling to keep going.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest, too bad. 
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
dumcheesemonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dumcheesemonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 7:42pm
thats exactly what i was trying to remember.
initiated--12/20/10
passed--02/21/11
raised-- 4/2/11
AaronSawyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSawyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2014 at 2:56pm

In Kentucky, I heard about something called "Young Builders" here and there. I've never heard anything additional to that though.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic