Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > Hobbies & Special Interests
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Books
    Posted: July/19/2011 at 12:36am

Into reading anything regarding history, and self improvement. Currently reading A Pilgrim's Path: Freemasonry and the Religious Right and The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.

log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 8:09am
I have also read "A Pilgrim's Path,"  an excellent book.  The author was not a Mason when he wrote the book, but later became one.  There are many good books about Masonry.  I usually buy used books from Amazon or Borders Marketplace and end up paying  far less than $5 for a book (plus shipping) and have never been disappointed with the quality of the used book; many appear to have never been opened and hardbound books usually come with the dust jacket still intact.  I am currently reading "The Lost Keys Of Freemasonry," by Manly P. Hall.   
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
maboot38 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maboot38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 11:34am
Try brother "George Washington's Rules of Civility & Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation".

Oddly enough, it is quite pertinent even today.
Dan
Columbian Lodge - Boston, MA
Columbian Lodge Facebook Page
www.columbianlodge.org
Trent View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 4:46pm
I will look into them both, thanks!
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2015 at 10:29am
I am a hard core reader, around 3.5 hours a day. I like crime fiction, history, Masonic books, just about anything really. 
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/17/2015 at 10:20am
Try:

MOBY DICK by Herman Melville (mentions Freemasonry).

THE MARTYRDOM OF MAN by William Woodward Reade (a Freemason).

'THE PASSION STROKE: A Tale of Ancient Masonry' (1906) by Mary Fairweather (a very well written work).
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2016 at 11:35am
HARMONY by HRH Charles, Prince of Wales.
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/21/2016 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Trent Trent wrote:

Into reading anything regarding history, and self improvement. Currently reading <SPAN id=btAsinTitle>A Pilgrim's Path: Freemasonry and the Religious Right and <SPAN id=btAsinTitle>The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.</SPAN></SPAN>

Try reading "The Building Better Builders Series of Uncommon Masonic Education books and Videos" when you get a chance.

They are filled with history and self-improvement.

You can find them here: http://www.coach.net/BuildingBuilders.htm

Building Builders - Masonic Education!

Books I Wrote | My FB Wall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic