Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Forum UpGrade & PROBLEMS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Forum UpGrade & PROBLEMS
    Posted: September/24/2011 at 11:17am
The Forum was up Graded to new version 10.3

Most members had to Log-in again.     IF ANYONE is having a problem, post it HERE!

Most changes have to do with the Forum Administration.   BUT ... a couple general changes or improvements are:

• Chat for use by EA, FC or Quarrymen, only and will keep spamming down ... this opens to a new popup window.
  • On board Translation in each post window
  • At bottom of the main Forum Page is a listing of 'Latest Forum Post'  ... this is a duplicate of the 'New Post' link at the top.

Noted Problems:

• On the 'New Post' page, the MM Tyled Forum section shows 'Password required' and does not show topic title after entering the password.  It will remember your password and you only have to click the header to open the topic.

Please post any questions or other noted problems in this thread.   We will deal with each when discovered & time permits.

Edited by edwmax - September/24/2011 at 7:46pm
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2011 at 7:05pm
I'll start.
1. We don't need those icon applications(FB, Tweet, Share etc) here and especially in the Tyled Forum areas.
2. Like edwmax said about the Tyled Forums not showing the details to "proven" members.
3. I have just tried to access MM Tyled Forum and I have to re-log on, even though " Keep me Logged-in on this computer (requires cookies)"  has been selected. Grrrrr!

Other than that, I can't think of anything else at the moment as I haven't had my coffee. Confused

Edited by tm274 - September/24/2011 at 7:12pm
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2011 at 7:11pm
It does bug me that EVERYTIME I access the website, I have to sign in.

I do like the mobile version of the site though. Makes it simple on my phone.

But I do wish it just saved my cookies sometimes.

Oh well, still looking, so far not bad.
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
Noblewiebe View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noblewiebe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2011 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

I'll start.
3. I have just tried to access MM Tyled Forum and I have to re-log on, even though " Keep me Logged-in on this computer (requires cookies)"  has been selected. Grrrrr!

That is the only frustrating part I have found.
Master Alma #72 1985
A man never stands so tall as when he stoops to help a child.
www.beashrinernow.com

jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/24/2011 at 10:55pm
In the new post page EVERY thread in a tyled area says password required to view posts even after you log in to the tyled area. Very annoying to not be able to see what thread is listed.

The other really BIG thing is not being able to stay logged in even with cookies enabled. For those of us that check this forum multiple times on most day, that is a very bad thing.

The tweeter/facebook/etc. links will end up getting someone in trouble.

Edited by jaya - September/24/2011 at 10:56pm
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com
Z111 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Z111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/25/2011 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Noblewiebe Noblewiebe wrote:

[QUOTE=tm274]I'll start.

I am having the same problem
"You cannot do square work by cutting corners."
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 3:38am
Not sure when this started but what's up with the points?
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Jacksonville 12 R.A.M. - King
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 8:54am
That used to be the place where the post count for each member was located.

****Yup, it's the post count****
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 8:56am
Originally posted by tm274 tm274 wrote:

Have we figured out a fix to this.  Oh my life this is getting annoying!Angry
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 10:22am
Stonecutter is aware of the problem and working on it.    

Thomasville 369
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 11:00am
groovy
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 11:17am
If u go under member profile, there is a post count and a points count and they aren't the same
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by dualsingularity dualsingularity wrote:

groovy
LOL
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
dwarven1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwarven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 2:00pm
Could this affect a hosted website? I can't seem to access mine - browser times out.

And even though I've sent a couple of requests, I have never gotten a response to my question about resetting the FTP password on my account - is the person in charge of that on vacation or something?

In fact... I can't FTP to my account, either. Who do I contact about this?
Wor Ross Schacher
Associate Secretary & Webmaster, Franklin Lodge AF&AM
Grafton, MA
http://mastermason.com/franklinlodge
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by dwarven1 dwarven1 wrote:

Could this affect a hosted website? I can't seem to access mine - browser times out.

And even though I've sent a couple of requests, I have never gotten a response to my question about resetting the FTP password on my account - is the person in charge of that on vacation or something?

send PM to stonecutter

Thomasville 369
BigBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 5:36pm
Are we getting graded?
Ribualt Lodge 272 - SW
Hallmark 2 R.S.M.
I-09.21.10
P-11.18.10
R-02.15.11
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 6:11pm
I'm losing the will to live
The Carrington Lodge (WAC 363)
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
18th Boucaut RC (AASR Australia 5)
The Carrington Lodge

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2011 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by daves daves wrote:

I'm losing the will to live

Then make me your Beneficiary and send the will to me.

Thomasville 369
dwarven1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwarven1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2011 at 9:26am
Originally posted by edwmax edwmax wrote:

Originally posted by dwarven1 dwarven1 wrote:

send PM to stonecutter

I did - he hasn't even read it yet.

Is there anyone else? Or is MasterMason.com not doing hosting any more?
Wor Ross Schacher
Associate Secretary & Webmaster, Franklin Lodge AF&AM
Grafton, MA
http://mastermason.com/franklinlodge
Consistory View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2012 at 6:24pm
Can someone get me the email address for the web hosting side of mastermason.com? I need to have a page removed since I can't even access it now. I changed to a paid server to alleviate the problem. I tried the contact us link from the main page but even with cookies on, I can't send the message.  Nice free service and worked well for a long time. No problems other than being able to update pages and actually contact someone.
Jonathan Mark Mills, PDDGM, 32° KCCH
Grand Provost, Grand Lodge of Virginia A.F. & A.M.
Fidelity Lodge No. 173 Nickelsville, VA
Valley of Roanoke, Orient of Virginia
Scottish Rite Fellow

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/18/2012 at 7:12pm
Send a PM to Stonecutter. He manages those severs.

Thomasville 369
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 8:30am
Stonecutter hasn't been on since last Sunday, I don't think, according to his profile info:  
   I realize this is a free hosting service, so we shouldn't complain too much.  This is the reason I had the Valley of Roanoke pay for hosting instead with 24/7 support.  It does get frustrating when you have no access to your site or have any way to get in contact with the admins.  The "Contact us" link works, but when you put in the security code it always returns a reply saying the code is incorrect.

Edited by Consistory - February/23/2012 at 8:32am
Scottish Rite Fellow

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 11:38am
Stonecutter's PMs forwards to his email account, where he reads them with his Blackberry even when he is on the road.   ...   Yes, he is hard to get a hold of because of his schedule. 

Thomasville 369
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 11:48am
OK, thanks. I realize we all have work and lives that don't revolve around forums and websites and such! :-)
Scottish Rite Fellow

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 1:24pm
The admin (dgresh) that handled the web-hosting resigned early last year.   Stonecutter has been doing it by himself since.     ...     The hosting was recently upgraded to the latest MS Sever which did not maintain account & system settings as they were.  Also, MS no longer supports Front Page. That was sold off to a 3rd party.    ... This has been the major cause of the problems for the hosted web-sites since December.   .... I believe the sever has been rolled back to the 2003 version, but did not fix the changed account permissions.   Stone has been manually fixing 'active' web-sites as he becomes aware of them.  There is a large number of hosted sites that appear to be dead (not up dated in more than 2 years).  These are being deleted to free up system resources.

Thomasville 369
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 2:16pm
Thanks for the update...he will be able to delete ours once I get him the information. I've done network admin stuff in the past and know what a pain it can be to maintain all the things that it entails. I will wait until I hear from him.
Scottish Rite Fellow

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2012 at 3:30pm
Why not use the existing web site to forward to the new one, or as a backup to the new one.    Since you've done admin stuff, you know what redundancy is.

Thomasville 369
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2012 at 8:54am

Yes, I understand redundancy. Problem is, I cannot access the mastermason.com site at all right now. As soon as I get a way to FTP to the site, I can make it a mirror site or temporarily forward to the new site. No real problem as we have already commuicated the new domain name to the membership. I have several sites hosted on mastermason.com. I can only access one of them at the current time.  I have multiple backups of all the sites on fixed and portable drives, so no harm is done right now by waiting for a response as to how to connect.

Scottish Rite Fellow

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2012 at 10:38am
If you can connect to one website but not the others, then this must be a permission problem. Give Stonecutter a list of all you websites, so he can check them all at the same time.

Thomasville 369
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Consistory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2012 at 11:38am
Will do...thanks for the assistance.
Scottish Rite Fellow

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic