Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Masonic Associated Organizations & Forums > Shriner Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Reasons for Joining

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reasons for Joining
    Posted: July/11/2014 at 9:28am
Wondering if the REASONS that men become Shriners have changed over the years, and if that has affected the nature/character of the organization in general.

Opinions?
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
Sojourner33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sojourner33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2014 at 10:23am
Well I can't address the topic exactly, but I am really looking forward to becoming a Shriner as soon as possible and I can tell you why I want to do so. With that said, I will always remain active in Blue Lodge (just Raised last night).

The reason I initially became interested in Masonry was because I have a special needs child who was treated at the Shriners Hospital in Tampa several years ago. Never in my life has my family or child been received and treated so wonderfully. At that point I decided with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart that I wanted to be a Shriner and give back to others the way the Shriners had given to my daughter and family.

Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14
NewToLight84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewToLight84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/09/2014 at 11:41am
Wonderful!
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Sojourner33 Sojourner33 wrote:

Well I can't address the topic exactly, but I am really looking forward to becoming a Shriner as soon as possible and I can tell you why I want to do so. With that said, I will always remain active in Blue Lodge (just Raised last night).

The reason I initially became interested in Masonry was because I have a special needs child who was treated at the Shriners Hospital in Tampa several years ago. Never in my life has my family or child been received and treated so wonderfully. At that point I decided with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart that I wanted to be a Shriner and give back to others the way the Shriners had given to my daughter and family.

Excellent, thanks for responding!!
(I wonder why this thread has so few responses?)

Edited by NobleShabba - August/13/2014 at 11:51am
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
Sojourner33 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sojourner33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/13/2014 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by NobleShabba NobleShabba wrote:

Originally posted by Sojourner33 Sojourner33 wrote:

Excellent, thanks for responding!!
(I wonder why this thread has so few responses?)

Not sure Brother.  I was hoping for more, as I am very interested to hear from others on this topic.
Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14
AaronSawyer View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AaronSawyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2014 at 1:57pm
I've wanted to become a Shriner for some time.  I like their atittude and positivity and I would like to help the charities that they're known for. It's always been one of those things I'll "get around to" - hopefully that time will be soon.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic