Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tuxuedos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tuxuedos
    Posted: October/25/2014 at 6:35pm
Question for the fellow officers out there. In MD officers are to wear tuxs I'm sure it's the same elsewhere. I wondered do most get them tailored? Yes it's a odd question but when I look around at my fellow officers it seems as though the sleeves on the jacket are a lot longer and cover the tops of the gloves. I know its a odd question I was concerned about uniformity in my appearance with my brothers
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2014 at 8:11pm
I have had two tux's over the almost 32 years I have been a Mason, neither of which were tailored. Noone ever told me specifically that they had theirs tailored. Just from pure observation I would have to say that most I have seen have not been tailored.
jdeal View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jdeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2014 at 9:01pm
Cool thanks for the insight
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/25/2014 at 9:56pm
Our lodge does not require wearing a tuxedo, but when I was in the Council of Kadosh in the Scottish Rite, we had to wear a tux. 

One of the best kept secrets on purchasing a tuxedo is from....

(Can you keep a secret?)

a tuxedo rental company! After they have been rented a certain number of times, they usually put them on sale... cheap! Be sure to look at them carefully to make sure they still look good. Most rental places will also size them to fit. Most rental places also sell those shiny shoes if that is what is worn in your lodge. Oh, and don't forget the bow tie!

Be a sport and buy a new shirt. Then all you need is a set of Masonic cuff links, shirt studs and cummerbund from a place like Klitzner or JP Luther (or wherever you prefer to buy from) and you will be all set!

Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2014 at 2:32pm
Officers in PA wear tuxedos. I had mine tailored. That is to say, I had the sleeves and pants hemmed to a proper length. Since I am not very tall, I would have been tripping over the excess length on the pants and the sleeves would have been nearly down to my finger tips. If your tux fits you without having pants and sleeves hemmed, you're lucky, if not they should be made to the correct length for a proper fit.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
deputy tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deputy tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2014 at 2:54pm
I was fortunate only having to need the pants hemmed. Everything else was perfect right off of the rack. The formals shop did the alterations as part of the tails package. tom.
spes mea in deo est
PennsyMason View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennsyMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2014 at 8:50am
We're fortunate to have a tuxedo rental place nearby that is owned by a freemason. Everyone in the district goes to the same place, so all a new officer has to do is walk in and say "I'm a new officer in my lodge, and I...." and he'll have what he needs before he finishes explaining what it is.

Edited by PennsyMason - October/27/2014 at 8:50am
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2014 at 12:59pm
I beleive a tuxedo shuld be tailored to fit you. It just looks better and wehn you look good, you feel good"!
PM Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
GC Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic