Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A Visit to Al Malakiah Shrine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Visit to Al Malakiah Shrine
    Posted: October/29/2014 at 2:10pm

Anthony660’s comments in another thread set me to thinking. Last month, I was in LA on a Grandson Inspection trip (the lad passed with flying colors). One afternoon, while Grandma, Mother and Grandson were napping, I decided that I’d like to drive down from North Hollywood and just have a look at Al Malakiah Shrine Center.  I found the drive (at about 2 PM) on the freeways reasonably worry-free, and had no trouble finding the temple, which is a huge building.  Easily found a parking place, and fronted up to the Recorder’s office and identified myself as a visiting Noble.

I was greeted by the Assistant Recorder, who gave me the grand tour of this awesome facility. It is plain to see why this is a common venue for Hollywood events. The auditorium is (once again) huge, and sumptuously appointed. Being from the sticks of old redneck Florida, I was, needless to say, impressed.

In addition to the tour, I must say that I was treated with every courtesy that we Masons and Shriners are pleased to extend to visitors. I had a great tour, and I am glad I managed to escape from Grand-dad duties for a couple hours to do this.

Brother Anthony660.... to use a favorite expression of mine.... “Nice place you got there.” And tell’em all thanks.

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
Anthony660 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anthony660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2014 at 5:46pm
Bro Chadwick-It sounds as if Rio took good care of you. I am glad you enjoyed the facility. Come back soon!
PM Alhambra #322 F&AM
West Covina #446 F&AM
Pasadena Valley AASR
Al Malaikah Shrine AAONMS
Cinema Grotto, MOVPER
GC Aben Zoar, Order of Alhambra
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic