Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long time since i post

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee1969 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long time since i post
    Posted: October/30/2014 at 7:54pm
Hi 
How are my good Brothers are doing? Fine i hope for me busy than to beavers building a dam Smile
Since the last time i was on here i was elected as Secretary of my lodge and got my 32* degree
and also a Shriner.. Traveling with the DDGM to Different lodges in the District it nice to meet new brother. so just a little up date on me. so have a good day /or night my brothersStar 
Mosaic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mosaic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/31/2014 at 10:15am
I'm doing well bro. Glad to hear you're advancing! 
I: 8/2/2012
P: 9/6/2012
R: 11/12/12
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2014 at 7:15am
As far as being elected Secretary, I don't know if that is worthy of the Grand Honors or the Grand Hailing Sign of Distress!

But seriously...

I am the Secretary of my lodge and did it very willingly and am glad to be of service to my lodge in this way. I have sat in the East three times in different lodges and although it is the highest honor that can be bestowed on a brother in a lodge, I honestly have no interest in doing it again... unless of course I am elected!

The treasurer and secretary are really two of the most crucial chairs in a lodge. Even though the WM is the highest authority in a lodge, most new Masters are probably not that familiar with what it takes to actually run the business of a lodge so there needs to be some stability and consistency within the lodge. Masters (usually) are only in the East for a year, but the treasurer and secretary are (usually) jobs for life! In addition to our formal duties, it is also our job to see that whomever is sitting in the East does not fall flat on his face!

When my phone rings and my wife sees that it is the treasurer calling, she tells me, "Your lodge wife is on the phone!"

Edited by WBScott - November/01/2014 at 7:16am
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic