Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PHA > Prince Hall Affiliated
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When are officer elections held?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When are officer elections held?
    Posted: November/14/2014 at 12:17pm
When are officer elections held for the chair in the East etc...? All newly raised, and brother raised prior to us have no clue to any of the inner workings of these things, and it all seems to be this great secret when we ask. I recently purchased the constitution but haven't located the voting, and election portion yet. Can someone help clarify or elaborate on this question. W.M. states that he will be taking in no new candidates until next Spring which leaves us to think no changes are in the near future as far as officers go.
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2014 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by ebojones ebojones wrote:

When are officer elections held for the chair in the East etc...? All newly raised, and brother raised prior to us have no clue to any of the inner workings of these things, and it all seems to be this great secret when we ask. I recently purchased the constitution but haven't located the voting, and election portion yet. Can someone help clarify or elaborate on this question. W.M. states that he will be taking in no new candidates until next Spring which leaves us to think no changes are in the near future as far as officers go.

To answer your question, Here in Ohio the Officers are ask if they are interested around August and September. During the stated meeting in October the list of Officers is read to the Lodge and discussed. The stated meeting in November they are elected by vote of the Lodge. The New Officers take the new station in December.

Hope this is some help. Good Luck.

Edited by eagle-751 - November/14/2014 at 5:59pm
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/14/2014 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by ebojones ebojones wrote:

When are officer elections held for the chair in the East etc...?  ...
  At  the end of your Lodge year.   Elections of the top 3 Officers, Secretary, and Treasurer.   All other officers are appointed.    Per my GL code:   "The election of officers in all Subordinate Lodges
shall be by ballot, at the regular meeting of such Lodge on or next preceding the Festival of St. John the Evangelist, in each year and shall be held following the regular order of business; The installation may be held immediately, or at a later date within 30 days of election. If at a later date an open installation is held, with nonMasons present, it shall not be necessary to open the Lodge.
If such open installation is held on the same date as the election of officers, the Lodge shall be “at ease” or “at refreshment” during the time that non-Masons are in the lodge room. The Officers installed shall hold their offices until their successors are installed."

So my Lodge's elections on the regular meeting in December with installations at the 1st meeting in January.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/15/2014 at 8:42am
That does help, but I'm greatful if we even have a monthly meeting. :) Always a reason to postpone. We had to be raised at another lodge by District Marshall and officers from District because we didnt have enough officers to attend on two occasions. Same with our 2nd degree work. Had to try twice, and still didnt have enough MM attend to do degree work. Members are not on board with the leadership, and I am starting to see why, but I am not going to stop going (WHENEVER) we do have a meeting. This month's meeting was supposed to be last Tuesday to no avail. Some of the brothers were sitting outside the lodge for an hour before contacted. Newly raised brothers of course, and they are expressing their frustrations. We will start a weekly study group next monday to get some light because we haven't had 2nd degree lectures yet nor 3rd degree anything...    Frustrated but standing firm on learning.
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic