Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Texas

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texas
    Posted: December/06/2014 at 3:37pm
Full recognition and intervisitiation privileges have just  been agreed upon between the Grand Lodge of Texas and the Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas.

Speaking independently, I congratulate both grand lodges and pray the cement of brotherly love which the bodies have formed in Texas spreads across the south travelling eastward by the help of the trowel of the almighty and the common gavel that helps us eschew all our vices and prejudices including racism.
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2014 at 4:11pm
Amen, and So Mote It Be.

I anxiously await the day when the GL of Fla and the PH Grand Lodge get things sorted out  over here.
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2014 at 7:18pm
That is good news.
MarkMaster View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/07/2014 at 7:49am
It would be interesting to learn how they achieved this -- where did the move begin, which Districts and/or Lodges were prime movers (I'm guessing the urban areas) how was it managed in the PHA and GL governing systems, etc. Could be a useful model for others.
"Si apis, sis apis."

CanadianPaul View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanadianPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2014 at 11:46am
While I understand having lodges under different constitutions working together in amity in the same geographical area is somewhat new in the US it has long been common in countries of the Commonwealth. Here in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador  it has been the case since the 1860's, first between the United Grand Lodge of England and the Grand Lodge of Scotland and now, since the formation of the Grand Lodge of Newfoundland and Labrador in 1998, between that jurisdiction and the lodges here still under the Grand Lodge of Scotland, represented by our District Grand Lodge. The two jurisdictions jointly own a 300 unit senior's complex and our local Freemasons' Hall, where lodges under both jurisdictions meet. They have always, and continue to, work together for the good of the craft. I see no reason why, with mutual goodwill, that should not be the case in any US state.
Paul Miller, Ass'nt. Gr. Sec. (Hon. Scot.)

Past Master, Lodge Conception No 1679, GL of Scotland
Conception Bay South
NL
CANADA

Past Master Farnham Lodge of Research No. 33, GL of NL
cemab4y View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemab4y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2014 at 2:31pm
(APPLAUSE). I pray for the day when there is full intervisitation and full recognition nationwide. May brotherly love and peace prevail.

I tip my hat to the Great State of Texas!
Charles E. Martin

Alexandria, VA

Bowling Green Lodge 73, Bowling Green KY (GL of KY, F&AM)

Alexandria VA Scottish Rite Bodies (AASR, Southern Jurisdiction, USA)
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/08/2014 at 3:55pm
Truely a step forward.... Im excited for sure.
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2014 at 7:58am
Originally posted by MarkMaster MarkMaster wrote:

It would be interesting to learn how they achieved this -- where did the move begin, which Districts and/or Lodges were prime movers (I'm guessing the urban areas) how was it managed in the PHA and GL governing systems, etc. Could be a useful model for others.

By my observation, success has been seen when the senior leadership of one group is willing to talk to the other senior leadership, and the other senior leadership amenable to that discussion. That was deliberately vague because it doesn't matter which side initiates the discussion, as long as its at a senior level.
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2014 at 10:19am
That's always been my own understanding, as well. How to move that leadership toward the conversation is the issue: is it done via pressure from large, inner-city Lodges (which, IMO, are more likely to be comfortable with an ethnically diverse Brotherhood than are small-town Lodges); does economics play a role?; or external pressure to conform to the standards of surrounding GL's? Certainly, the conversation will need to be encouraged by the current generation of Brethren as they move into Grand Lodge positions and learn to flex their legislative and administrative muscles. Interesting times are beginning, for sure .....
"Si apis, sis apis."

Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2014 at 9:32pm
Hehe

Cousin MarkMaster, I see where you're going with that ;)

PHA-AL

Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkMaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2014 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Caution1010 Caution1010 wrote:

Hehe

Cousin MarkMaster, I see where you're going with that ;)

You know me well, my Brother ..... I just keep chipping away at those stones.
"Si apis, sis apis."

goomba View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2014 at 8:54pm
I hope this happens in Alabama very soon!  
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF

Living in the DC area.
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2014 at 2:43pm
eh...

PHA-AL

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic