Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Concealed weapons permit help please

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Palata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Concealed weapons permit help please
    Posted: December/25/2014 at 6:21pm
Good evening and merry Christmas to you all. First I would like to say that this topic has nothing to do with Masonry whatsoever but when I tried to research it myself I couldn't find reliable/trustworthy answers. So I came here for the help of my brethren because I can trust my brothers and know what any brother says is not a bunch of baloney and is reliable. To whoever may know please help me with this question. Can I get a concealed weapons permit in Florida with a Juvenile record? When I was in high school I got arrested for battery cause of a fight and burglary because it was in someone's front yard. (The burglary was just horrible luck). Now I was in juvenile for 21 days waiting for my court date and when it came I got let off on the charges and the other people didn't show up to testify. They didn't really care for what happened, I was actually friends with the person I fought and his dad (the one who's yard it happened on) just had this boys will be boys attitude towards the whole thing and let it go. With all that being said, will I still be able to get the carry permit? I am 21 now and I was 16 when that happened and I haven't been in a lick of trouble ever since. No run in with the law, no fight, haven't been trespassed from anywhere or institutionalized. And I know that case was expunged. Will it still have an effect on me. Please help if you have any answer or advice.
Pscyclepath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pscyclepath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 6:59pm
If the record was expunged, you shouldn't have problems.  I've found this site to be a fairly good source over the past couple of years:  http://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/forumdisplay.php?19-License-Questions  
Tom Ezell
Adoniram #288, F&AM
Mablevale, AR
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2014 at 7:00pm
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
AJ Palata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AJ Palata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 4:50am
Thank you brothers so much for the info. Now do y'all know if they are gonna ask me questions about my past? Or do they just do a background check? I know i have a clean record because when I petitioned for my Lodge they did a background check. (In florida you can't become a mason with a record) I just want to know what I'm going to go through, I'm going to the gun show round here in a couple of weeks and they do the class and you get your concealed the same day.
Tarditi View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarditi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 8:04am
In most states it's just a background check.

If you have any questions, check with your local sheriff's office.
Dustin Tarditi, PM
James B Green #735 A.F. & A.M.
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2014 at 10:50am
Being arrested and convicted are 2 different things.   From what you stated you have not been convicted of those offenses.    ... So that incident should not be a problem.    However, (I think) you do need to complete a 'Basic Pistol" course in Florida to apply for a CW permit.   Find a local NRA instructor and talk to him.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic