Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many offices????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many offices????
    Posted: January/02/2015 at 9:43pm
How many offices can one man hold in the lodge at a time? 
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2015 at 11:08pm
For the definitive answer, check with the bylaws of your Grand Lodge. In Missouri, "No person may hold more than one office in the same lodge at the same time."

However...

If you are a member of other lodges, you can hold any office in any of those lodges except that you can only be Master of one lodge at a time. IOW, you can not be Master of more than one lodge at a time.
Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
ebojones View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebojones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2015 at 11:32pm
I read the same thing in our Grand Lodge Constitution. Thought I was overlooking something. So the secretary can't also be the treasurer at the same time ? Holding both positions currently......?
Getting better everyday !!!!
Pride of Coolidge #282
MWPHGLOT
Brighter and Brighter!!!!
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/02/2015 at 11:43pm
Originally posted by ebojones ebojones wrote:

So the secretary can't also be the treasurer at the same time ? Holding both positions currently......?

Not if your Grand Lodge prohibits it.
Pscyclepath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pscyclepath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2015 at 5:48am
Arkansas extends this injunction to the point that you cannot be a principal officer (master or warden) in more than one lodge at a time.  You can be an appointed officer (chaplain, master of ceremonies, or a deacon) provided that you're a member of the other lodge, but a principal in only one lodge at a time.

Tom Ezell
Adoniram #288, F&AM
Mablevale, AR
Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2015 at 9:11am
Typically, one position.

IN reality, I've seen a guy who was senor deacon, treasurer and secretary at the same time. lol
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2015 at 9:20am
As long as your Grand Lodge allows that and as long as the Brother is willing to take on all those responsibilities, more power to him!
CanadianPaul View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CanadianPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2015 at 11:56am
Under the Grand Lodge of Scotland holding office in more than one lodge as well as holding more than one office in the same lodge are both quite possible as long as a Dispensation has been issued.The RW District Grand Master has the power to so do within his District.

At the present time, the Master of my lodge is also the Immediate Past Master of another lodge while our Wor. Senior Warden is also our Immediate Past Master. At our last meeting the Master was absent due to illness and so, according to our custom, the Immediate Past Master took the Chair, another brother filling in as Wor. Senior Warden.  Thus we had (be it temporarily) a brother 'holding' three offices simultaneously!

I have also known cases of a brother simultaneously holding office in lodges under two different jurisdictions, certainly by Dispensation from our District and presumably by Dispensation from our sister jurisdiction!

Paul Miller, Ass'nt. Gr. Sec. (Hon. Scot.)

Past Master, Lodge Conception No 1679, GL of Scotland
Conception Bay South
NL
CANADA

Past Master Farnham Lodge of Research No. 33, GL of NL
NobleShabba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobleShabba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/05/2015 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Pscyclepath Pscyclepath wrote:

Arkansas extends this injunction to the point that you cannot be a principal officer (master or warden) in more than one lodge at a time.  You can be an appointed officer (chaplain, master of ceremonies, or a deacon) provided that you're a member of the other lodge, but a principal in only one lodge at a time.

In my jurisdiction (MWPHGLMD), the restriction is on being in the EAST for more than one body at a time (Worshipful Master, Commander In Chief, Worthy Patron, etc)
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic