Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oklahoma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLewey44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oklahoma
    Posted: March/07/2015 at 3:02pm
Hello brothers,
A few months ago, as an EA, I asked the WM of my lodge if it would be ok to get the Masonic car tag knowing it would take about 2 months to get it, I figured as did he, it would be OK.

I received a letter in the mail Friday(nearly 3 months later) saying I needed to show proof of membership as a MM in the state of Oklahoma by faxing or scanning a copy of my dues card to the DMV/tag agency that does them.

My question is, will I get my dues card the night I'm raised or is it after some amount of time? In Oklahoma, it is optional to turn in the MM lesson. The advantages of doing the MM lesson are being able to sit in lodge chairs and being able to join appendant right away as oppose to waiting six months if you don't turn in your MM lesson.

I have turned in my FC lesson and will be getting raised in the next week or two. I'm just waiting on a date. Can anyone give me some guidance on this so I can return my Masonic car tag paperwork?

Thanks
Edmond Lodge #37
Washington Lodge #36
OES Chapter #247
Bro. J. Clint Lewey
(I): 02 September 2014
(P): 30 December 2014
(R): 17 March 2015
cemab4y View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cemab4y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2015 at 3:26pm
(I am not an expert on the regulations in Oklahoma). In most states, you are presented with your dues card, after you complete the MM degree. Check with the secretary at your lodge, for the procedure in your Grand Lodge.

BTW- I am delighted that you are getting the official Masonic tag. I am the man who initiated the process to get Masonic plates in Kentucky. Now, the Grand Lodge of KY gets a $7 rebate on all of the tags sold!
Charles E. Martin

Alexandria, VA

Bowling Green Lodge 73, Bowling Green KY (GL of KY, F&AM)

Alexandria VA Scottish Rite Bodies (AASR, Southern Jurisdiction, USA)
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2015 at 3:26pm
Ask your Lodge Secretary.  He issues them.    The first one will probability be hand wroteand theree after be printed by the GL.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
eagle-751 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eagle-751 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2015 at 6:24pm
Here in Ohio any EA or FC can receive a card from his Secretary to visit other Lodges during degree work, maybe this would be good enough for the plate as well.  Good Luck CLewey44!
Past Master ( 2014 - 2015 )
Riddle Lodge No. 315
24th Masonic District
Grand Lodge of Ohio
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic