Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rainbow girls chapter at your lodge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boing1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rainbow girls chapter at your lodge
    Posted: April/18/2015 at 10:11pm
We are trying to keep our rainbow girls chapter alive at our lodge.but the number of members has declined dramatically. Are there any lodges that still have a good number of rainbow girls active in their lodge ? And where ?

Edited by boing1972 - April/19/2015 at 8:21am
brother bell
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2015 at 6:34am
There is a Rainbow Chapter that meets at my lodge, but I do not know how many members they have.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
CLewey44 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CLewey44 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/19/2015 at 12:21pm
Maybe if the age requirement was dropped from 10 to 8, maybe it'd increase for one thing. Also, I don't see any harm in encouraging your Masonic members to get their daughters involved in it if they are under the age of 20. People are still secretive about their lodge memberships. Like me, I didn't even know my dad was a Mason until I was 18 years old. I sure didn't know what Demolay was so I never was encouraged or even talked to about joining it. And my dad had been one for 23 years at that point. I don't hide it from my daughter and I have mentioned to her joining the Rainbows down the line. It sounds like a great organization that hopefully she can benefit from if she is inclined to join.
Edmond Lodge #37
Washington Lodge #36
OES Chapter #247
Bro. J. Clint Lewey
(I): 02 September 2014
(P): 30 December 2014
(R): 17 March 2015
longp2000 View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longp2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2015 at 2:55pm
We have a Rainbow Girls chapter at my lodge and their numbers are great. They are all very polite and focused young ladies. The problem is that 3 of the ten adult women that run the Rainbow Girls are very difficult to deal with and have isolated a lot our brothers. As WM I had to table a proposal which would have told them to find another lodge to sponsor them. I did so for cooler heads to prevail and thankfully it did, but we still have the problems. As WM I try not to sway votes or give my opinion because it could be considered weighted. I personally would not be sad to see the RG move to a lodge a few miles to the south of us. The constant bickering from the adults is just too much trouble.
"So long as we are loved by others I should say that we are almost indispensable; and no man is useless while he has a friend." - Robert Louis Stevenson
Pscyclepath View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pscyclepath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2015 at 6:20am
I've had a similar experience as longp2000.  We have a very active chapter, that is probably the driving force (as well as about half the membership) of Rainbow in our state.  The girls are great, and do great service, but the ladies on the Rainbow Board are definitely a pain, and have given many of our newer brethren a very sour opinion of the order.  I am currently serving as Senior Warden and these Rainbow Board ladies have been a serious pain in the neck, and I am not looking forward to have to deal with them as Master next year, if I make it that far.

Sometimes, like the little fellow in the novel "Of Mice and Men," we can love something too much, to the point of loving it to death.  That seems to be the issue of Rainbow in our area.

Tom Ezell
Adoniram #288, F&AM
Mablevale, AR
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2015 at 10:05am
In my lodge, the adults who run Rainbow are not at all like that. They are very easy to deal with and we do not have any problems like you mention. If the ladies who guide your Rainbow Girls are like you say they are, then they are not providing a proper mentoring for the young girls that they are leading. Being difficult to deal with is not what Rainbow is about. Our Rainbow Girls prepare and serve our after meeting snack. We pay for the snack expenses, plus a donation bucket is on the table and the lodge also provides them with a monthly donation for their service in addition to what is collected in the bucket. We also have as many of our floor officers attend their installation ceremony. This is another way of showing our support for them.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic