Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Masonic Associated Organizations & Forums > Scottish Rite Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New 32*n.m.j.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroScubaSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 32*n.m.j.
    Posted: May/15/2015 at 12:53pm
I witnessed the 32 degree last Saturday in the Grand Lodge building in Trenton. It was the only degree performed.

I will say that I was very surprised by the skill of the acting of the main character. I felt like I was in the audience of a show versus a masonic lodge room.

I will admit that I may have jumped in too early in my career however my lodge had a lot of guys I'm active with petition all at the same time so I went to do it with them knowing I would eventually be there anyway. I might as well have enjoyed the time there with my Brothers.

Either way I'm looking forward to what SR has to offer even if it is only in dribbles at this point. The 32* did however make an impression on 'character' for me.
Initiated 4-22-13
Passed 5-29-13
Raised 6-27-13

Junior Deacon
F&AM GLNJ
32°AASR NMJ, Southern Valley of NJ
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2015 at 3:10pm
Congratulations on joining the ranks of Sublime Princes of the Royal Secret! May I suggest that you pick up a copy of the Scottish Rite ritual monitor and guide. You can find it on the SMJ's web store. Also, Morals and Dogma is strongly encouraged reading. In fact, a copy of it was issued to all brothers who received the 14° and above up until the mid to late 60's. It is available on line in its entirety, for your reading pleasure at sacred-texts.com. Good luck, and I sincerely hope you will study diligently. Receiving the degree is just the beginning.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
Warrior1256 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warrior1256 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/01/2015 at 11:15am
TongueCongratulations Brother. I will do the same next month.
St. Matthews Lodge 906
Suburban Lodge 740
Shively-Lewis-Parkland 951
AASR, Orient of Kentucky, Valley of Louisville
King Solomon Chapter 5
Louisville Council 4
North Central York Rite College 116
windrider View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2015 at 2:20pm
I just became a Sublime Prince of the Royal Secret on Saturday, Nov 7th at the Grand Lodge of Massachusetts. It was a one-day class and (I think) eight degrees were presented staring at 8:00 AM. Since I had already seen up to the 18th (Rose Croix) degree, I started the day a little later. 

I was not planning on joining Scottish Rite until after I stepped down from the East, but I felt compelled by an expression of brotherly love and relief by the Rite. A brother in my lodge became homeless through no fault of his own. He and his family of eight children (and wife) were denied an apartment after they had terminated the lease of their old one. I found out about this on December 20th and sent out a call for help through the master of the lodge at the time. While many responded, Scottish Rite contributed nine thousand dollars to his family's relief. I joined at the next meeting so I could contribute to this wonderful body as well. I've enjoyed every minute.

Master, Webmaster, Lodge Ambassador
Ancient York Lodge AF&AM

Lowell, MA

God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic