Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Are there any Amish masons ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boing1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are there any Amish masons ?
    Posted: May/17/2015 at 1:15am
Are there any Amish masons ? Just curious. ...
brother bell
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2015 at 1:41am
That's a good question...and I have no freakin idea... Lol!
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2015 at 7:56am
I don't know for sure but the Amish are an anabaptist sect and I do know that most, if not all anabaptist sects at a minimum discourage membership in organizations like Freemasonry. I am only guessing but my guess is there wouldn't be any practicing Amish members who are Freemasons. 

FYI I was a Quaker for 16 years and that denomination discourages membership in what they perceive are "secret organizations." The Quakers along with the Amish, Mennonites, Church of the Brethren and others are collectiveley known as "peace churches." There are a few Quakers who are Masons but very few. I knew of only one in the local area. When in Canada I attended a Mennonite church (the Amish are an offshoot of the Mennonites) and I knew of no Masons in that Mennonite parish.  

Edited by droche - May/17/2015 at 8:00am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic