Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just saw something I neversaw before

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cemab4y Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just saw something I neversaw before
    Posted: October/29/2015 at 9:39am
I was watching TV in Baltimore MD.  A commercial came on, for a business. When the commercial concluded, there was a screen showing the location and address, and website of the merchant. At the bottom of the screen was something I had never seen before. There was a square and compasses under the merchant's name.

What do you think about this? I really have no problem at all with this. Just like having the S&C on your website (I have seen this many times), or wearing a masonic ring.

I am interested in your opinions.
Charles E. Martin

Alexandria, VA

Bowling Green Lodge 73, Bowling Green KY (GL of KY, F&AM)

Alexandria VA Scottish Rite Bodies (AASR, Southern Jurisdiction, USA)
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2015 at 3:18pm
Against the Maine Masonic code to use the emblem commercially.  Not even supposed to have an emblem on your work vehicle if you are a private contractor/self employed.  (although i know a few who do... frankly i don't see the big deal if it is your vehicle)   
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/29/2015 at 3:29pm
Same here in Georgia.   The S&C is banned by Code for commercial use.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2015 at 1:56pm
Same goes in PA, too. S & C not to be used for commercial purposes.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2015 at 2:56pm
Apparently there is no such code or ban in the Constitution of the GL of Md.   I just did a word search on their 2013 Constitution.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
windrider View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/30/2015 at 3:07pm
It's probably cost him more than he gains by using it. Unfortunately, many people don't understand us. In the words of the old Genesis song, "You kill what you fear and you fear what you don't understand."

There are too few of us around for it to be a big advantage. 

All in all, probably not the best business decision.

Master, Webmaster, Lodge Ambassador
Ancient York Lodge AF&AM

Lowell, MA

God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
AMC660 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC660 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2015 at 10:35am
In Ca the S&C cannot be used for commercial purposes, however I have seen Mark Ecko use the S&C on clothing, and it was not too long ago Old Navy had a shirt with the AASR 33rd degree crest on it.

On a side note here in Los Angeles several Barbers have taken to using the scissors and straight blades crossed in a similar manner.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic