Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dangerous Website...??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dangerous Website...??
    Posted: December/12/2015 at 12:54pm
For about the past three days I have been getting the message below indicating that mastermason.com is a dangerous web site.
I also have noted a drop in posts - I am visiting the site in spite of the warnings.

I also note that there appears no contact mechanism whereby I can query Norton as to the reason for this accusation.

Is anyone out there having a similar experience?

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, FL

blocked red-x

Symantec logo

Dangerous Website Blocked

You attempted to access:

http://forum.mastermason.com/forum_topics.asp?FID=1

This is a known dangerous website. It is recommended that you do NOT visit this site. The detailed report explains the security risks on this site.

Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
Adept? View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Adept? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2015 at 8:06pm
I haven't experienced anything of the sort; on my home laptop, work cpu, or cell phone.  Very strange.  I can tell you that in my experience.. Norton is garbage.  Try upgrading to Kaspirski or McAfee.
"It is humanity that creates god, and men think that god has made them in his image, because they make him in theirs."
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2015 at 8:41pm
Neither have I received any similar warning in the eight or so years I have been a member of mastermason.com. If I were the owner of this site, I would query Norton why they list it as such and if there is no valid reason for it, I would demand they remove such warnings.
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2015 at 9:08pm
Norton, bless their hearts, has no such thing as a contact EMail address or a way to query such things as this. I think I am not too interested in renewing my subscription to their "service". Thanks for your responses; I feel a bit better about this business now.

Bob C
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2015 at 10:38pm
Not having any problems here, but I wouldn't go near Norton or McAfee.  I had nothing but trouble with both.  I changed to Trend Micro on the advice of my Computer Tech years ago and have had no problems since.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/12/2015 at 10:43pm
No issues on my end either.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2015 at 9:38am
Thanks, Adept and De Darrah. If I do not get some connection and sense out of Norton, I'm outa there.  We'll See. And a Merry Christmas to all here.

Bob C
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2015 at 11:18am
Bob,

I suggest that you check your subscription service, their domain, and IP number.   Since you stated there is no contact email, I suspect you may be dealing with a bogus service.

On the whole, I believe Norton (Symantic) to be a reputable company.    However, like stated above. I do not like their virus software.   It has cause me many hours work on user's computers be cause it will not completely uninstall and parts will actually keep running, blocking internet access, and calling home even being un-installed though their program link.  It takes a special program to remove ALL of Norton from a computer.   In the early days IT techs did not know this, nor did the user; and Norton would not admit it.  Thus, many users were charged for complete wiping of the hard drive and reinstalling of windows to fix a computer when Norton itself was the problem.

Also, you could have a system highjack though Norton.    Go to Norton's website and use the FREE antivirus scan. Also, used the Free Trendmicro scan too.

Edited by edwmax - December/13/2015 at 11:20am
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
rchadwic View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchadwic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/13/2015 at 4:08pm
Did the Trendmicro free scan; no threats found. Found a chat line at the Norton site; said I had half an hour wait. I'll try that mob later Thanks for the tips; I am going to re-think Norton for AV support.  Right now, it's time to retire to the porch and drink my beer ration. Again, thanks

Bob C
Bob Chadwick
Palm Bay #397
Palm Bay, Fla
GrimoireA3 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrimoireA3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2015 at 3:23pm
I have had no problems with this site. And I don't like the idea of any warning that might retard 'Free'mason speech.

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it.
Please Note: I am not a Mason. And also, I am not an anti-Mason!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic