Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lodges are being attacked

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Lodges are being attacked
    Posted: May/20/2016 at 8:09pm
To all the Bretheran across the Country..........beware.

Some Lodges, in southwest Missouri,   [about 10 in number right now]. have received anti Masonic material attached to their door, one included a physical threat to the members.

In most cases, the Police have been called, and some Departments are taking this seriously, others not so much.

I don't have a lot detailed information to pass on, I am only repeating what has been transmitted  throughout the state on the Google Secretaries/DDGM site.

From what I understand, this material is previously printed dogma/morals/etc and is posted on the doors of the Lodges, while it is unattended.

My word to  all of you is to be vigilant, be aware, and pay attention.  If these people come to visit you
and I don't know if this is some nationwide action or not, but at least be aware, and be cautious.

The one Lodge that was threatened, contained a note, to expect a visit by these people..............
one can only imagine what they have on their mind.

If and when I learn more I will pass it on to you.

Edited by Sec'yBob - May/20/2016 at 8:10pm
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2016 at 1:41am
My Lodge installed a security system at our building with a number of cameras. It has reduced most vandalism, but we still get the graffiti from time to time. I agree though that we should remain vigilant.
Bro. Barry E. Newell

Traveling Templar - 04MAR2017
goomba View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2016 at 11:21pm
Check your state law as some places have laws covering fraternal groups.
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF

Living in the DC area.
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2016 at 8:33am
Three more Lodges were "hit" this weekend, they were located in rural areas, and the buildings were unattended at the time.

I hope this isn't a precursor to something more physical/violent!!
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
BroScubaSteve View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BroScubaSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2016 at 7:13am
What type of gun laws does Missouri have?

Sometimes the police are just too far away regardless of gun laws.
Initiated 4-22-13
Passed 5-29-13
Raised 6-27-13

Junior Deacon
F&AM GLNJ
32°AASR NMJ, Southern Valley of NJ
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2016 at 1:56pm
This could be anything from a prank to a serious threat. Hopefully the law enforcement in the area has a good idea how serious. I can't help but wonder, could this be related to all the unrest at University of Missouri a few months back? I know there were outside agitators getting in there inflaming things and those fringe lunatic/anarchist types aren't always fond of Freemasonry.
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2016 at 7:55am
Well the mystery continues.

Lodges across western Missouri, Central Missouri and now in an around the St. Louis area are being tagged with this ridiculous envelope of BS and worthless paper. 

I wish I knew what his intentions were, this is kind of scary.

I am staggered by the time, paper, gasoline, and effort expended by this group

At least there has been no violence or destruction.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2016 at 9:26pm
Well the phantom continues..........another 30+ Lodges were left with a mystical package on their door this past week.

the contents are how Masonry [and the Church] is wrong, and that we are worshiping Satan and we are all sinners.

Aside from the aggravation of it all, this guy has traveled all over the state of Missouri doing this [assuming it is one guy].  He has been observed on candid camera, and it appears it is the same guy.

He has spent money on gas, wear and tear on his car, envelopes, copying costs, and no doubt meals and motels etc.  The package alone is about 50/60 pages.

I admire his dedication and perseverance, albeit he is somewhat misguided.

We have 360+ Lodges in the state, and over 150 have been hit  and the mystery continues.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
KSigMason View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSigMason Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2016 at 2:16am
Install cameras. File reports.
Bro. Barry E. Newell

Traveling Templar - 04MAR2017
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2016 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by Sec'yBob Sec'yBob wrote:

Well the phantom continues..........another 30+ Lodges were left with a mystical package on their door this past week.

the contents are how Masonry [and the Church] is wrong, and that we are worshiping Satan and we are all sinners.

Aside from the aggravation of it all, this guy has traveled all over the state of Missouri doing this [assuming it is one guy].  He has been observed on candid camera, and it appears it is the same guy.

He has spent money on gas, wear and tear on his car, envelopes, copying costs, and no doubt meals and motels etc.  The package alone is about 50/60 pages.

I admire his dedication and perseverance, albeit he is somewhat misguided.

We have 360+ Lodges in the state, and over 150 have been hit  and the mystery continues.

Sounds like someone out of touch with reality and is probably harmless, but you never know these days. Do you know if the police are actively investigating?
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2016 at 4:24pm
What I have gleaned from my brothers, is.........

at some Lodges, the Police had no interest.
at some Lodges, a report was made.
At some Lodges, a report was made and the package seized for evidence.

The consensus is there was no crime committed at this point, but they reinforced keeping vigilent
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
droche View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote droche Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2016 at 9:55pm
Yeah, years ago we could write off someone like this as just a nut case and laugh it off, but with all the stuff going on recently who knows how it could play out. Increasing security around the Lodges sounds like a good idea to me.
DefenseEngineer View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefenseEngineer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/06/2017 at 9:58pm
I know I'm digging up an old/dead thread.  But whatever came of this?  Anything?  Or did it just stop?
WBScott View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WBScott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/07/2017 at 2:29am
It appears that the matter has all but died here in Missouri. The person(s) were obviously serious about getting their message out considering the amount of time and money they spent but it went no further than that. 

Wentzville (MO) Lodge #46 - PM
Pride of the West (MO) Lodge #179 - PM (twice)
Pauldingville (MO) Lodge #11 - Secretary
Warrenton (MO) Lodge #609 - Secretary
Past DDGM - 25th Masonic District
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic