Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote goomba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017
    Posted: December/28/2016 at 6:50pm
I have been a Maryland Mason for about a year now and wow is it different. While living in Alabama I visited other states and saw differences in ritual and protocol but never expected this. Now to be clear I am not complaining. I think both ways are great and each have added to my Masonic experience.

At our last meeting I was elected Senior Warden of my lodge. This will be my first office in Maryland and I have tons to learn.

So how is your Masonic year ending and what is on the horizon?
MM, RAM, RSM, KT, KM, SRICF

Living in the DC area.
windrider View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/28/2016 at 9:02pm
I'm winding down my second year in the East. The elections are in May and the Installation will be in June so I've got a few more months to go. I've asked the Rainbow Girls to invade our next business meeting and confer their fun degree on the brethren. That should kick off the new year with a good laugh. 

It seems the new DDGM wants me to participate in a new recruitment effort for the District that the new Grand Master is asking for. My lodge consistently has the most new candidates in the district, but I'm not sure how it would work at the District level. When I am talking to a potential candidate I'm talking about joining my lodge, not the district. I'll talk with the DD when he is more settled in his new role, his term started yesterday. 

I will be taking more on in my role on the Grand Lodge Information Services and Technology committee. I got on the IST committee when I developed an attendance system on a Raspberry Pi computer. The way it works is you walk into the lobby of the event, connect to the event wifi network with your phone. When you open your browser, you are presented with a web page that allows you to enter your name and lodge information (and anything else the organizer wants to capture). This is stored on a database on the Raspberry Pi which can then be used for reporting and transmission to Grand Lodge. Not bad for a $35- computer. Now they want me to start improving the various web sites and internal systems at Grand Lodge.

Depending on what the new Master wants, I hope to continue to teach cipher classes at my house. 

No rest for the weary, I guess. 
Master, Webmaster, Lodge Ambassador
Ancient York Lodge AF&AM

Lowell, MA

God never sends us anything we can't handle. Sometimes I wish He didn't trust me so much. - Mother Teresa
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2016 at 9:37am
I have been asked to stay  on for another year as President of our school of ritualistic instruction.  Here in PA, each district (which consists of about 10 lodges) has its own school of ritualistic instruction.  We meet twice a month.  No meetings in July and August and only one meeting in early June and one in early Dec.  Officers from the lodges in each district must come to one of the meetings and prove proficient before they can advance to the Jr. Warden, Sr. Warden and W. Masters chairs.   I will also continue as chairman of Masonic Education for my district. Also, every month at my lodge, I give a short (under 10 minutes) talk on some aspect of Masonic Education.   Should be another busy year!
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic