Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

meetings OK but no degrees work

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: meetings OK but no degrees work
    Posted: July/28/2020 at 6:03am
Just to keep you up to date with what is going on in PA with regard to Masonry, our Grand Master has permitted us to return to having our regular monthly meetings, but degrees are not permitted to be done.  It is impossible to confer a degree and still confirm to the required 6 feet of social distancing.  Also, at the present time indoor social gatherings in PA are limited to 25 persons.  Everyone attending any Masonic function must sign a waiver with regard to the covid 19.  Everyone please stay safe, wear a mask and practice social distancing.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2020 at 8:14am
Bill
Missouri is the same here. We are having limited meetings, with masks, and staying 6 feet apart. No handshaking or other contact.

Some lodges are having meetings through the summer to get "caught up", but we still have one big issue.

IN my district alone we have over 15 men waiting for degree work. In my Lodge, they have been waiting since March. I stay in contact with them and keep them up to date, but I fear they may get tired of waiting and move on.

And now with the resurgence, we may get shut down in September. No installations, meetings, and I am hearing rumors that Grand Communication may either be very limited or cancelled
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2020 at 6:04am
I understand and agree with your concerns about those waiting for degree work.  All we can do  is stay  in contact with them and hope and pray that they don't become discouraged and leave.  I don't know how many in my district are waiting.  In my lodge we have a petition to vote on at the next meeting.  Stay safe, Bob.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic