Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Public Masonic Discussions > Masonic Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Covid is just tearing us up

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Covid is just tearing us up
    Posted: December/10/2020 at 8:45am
Like the rest of you, covid and the Grand Lodge has curtailed our work here in Missouri. Best be safe than sorry.

We have been shut down for several months and are now meeting again, keeping our distance, some wearing masks and gloves. We have the Lodge building sanitized regularly. We also were compelled to shut down our lucrative money maker "all you can eat breakfast". We stopped in March and have lost that revenue since then. And it hurts. Not only have we lost the income, but we have limited our giving to needy people, and our scholarships as well.

So we are thinking about reopening our breakfast but instead of dining in for all you can eat, we would do a take out/carryout one flat price, one order of food.

The men are complaining that not only the money is gone but the comradery and fellowship is missing. So we are thinking about getting up and running soon.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
Missouri Lodge of Research
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
Legion of Honor recipient
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2020 at 12:34pm
It's bad here too, I received a letter from Grand Chapter yesterday in my email.  Our charitable side spent $8o,933 more than we took in this year and the biggest part of that was our benevolent fund.  This is due to all our chapters not being able to have fund raising events for all our funds.  With so many of us out of work we just don't have the funds to donate any more, Sadly I don't believe next year will be any better.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2020 at 5:53pm
I DO NOT LIKE THE NEW NORMAL
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/11/2020 at 4:41pm
Me neither, nothing normal about it.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2020 at 6:17am
I just received word from my Masonic friends in Canada that the Grand Master for the province of Ontario has extended the cancelation of all Masonic activities and meetings through April 30, 2021.  They have not had any functions since the pandemic started.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/16/2020 at 9:12am
I suspect that "WHEN" we get back to what was our normal the world is going to be a different place. Stores are going out of business, people are losing jobs,
family stress is at a new high, inflation is already starting. Lodges thru attrition are losing people and we can't get new ones, because of covid, [and Lodges are already at the new low in terms of membership] and I cold go on, but it is depressing.
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
log cabin Bill View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote log cabin Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2020 at 6:15am
I hear what you're saying Sec'y. Bob.  I've been a Mason for 25 years now and membership in my lodge is down to just under 500.  When I first joined, membership was around 900.  One of my lodge brothers owns a restaurant/bar close to me.  The state has ordered restaurants and bars limited to take out only for the second time during the pandemic, so I order take out from him whenever I can.  When this covid situation finally abates and is under control, it will be a different world for all of us.
North Hills Lodge, #716,PM
Allegheny RAM,#217,PHP
Allegheny Council,#38,PTIM
Allegheny Commandery #35
Knight Masons,Gateway To The West Council #5
AASR,Valley of Pgh.
Syria Shrine
Islam Grotto
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2020 at 5:26pm
The Georgia Lodges have been meeting for a couple of months now.   The opening & closing ritual has been shorten.  The Substitute has been 'symbolically transmitted' to the East until further notice by the GM. ... We have some EA & FC waiting to advance; ... Hopefully in the next couple of months.  ...Lodge prepared meals are not allowed but packaged snacks & drinks are. Most other outside actives have been cancelled. 
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
Sec'yBob View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sec'yBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/18/2020 at 8:37am
Bill

I am impressed, you have 500 members???   Our list right now is 48, with only 13 active. We have the second largest membership in our district. I belong to another Lodge in St. Louis, they number 150 with only about 25 active. 500 members would be GREAT.

We once held a "special " meeting, called it a 100 man meeting, an attempt to emulate what Lodges were doing many years ago. We ended up with 140 men, but they came from 23 different Lodges. [It was a one night deal]
Raised 2001
PM Crestwood-Anchor #443
PM Meramec #313 X3
Past DDGM Dist #24
Lodge Education Officer
O.E.S. Chapter 129 WP X3
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic