Mastermason.com Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Forum Lounge (off-topic & lighter discussions) > General Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do not post Masonic Topics in this Forum

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do not post Masonic Topics in this Forum
    Posted: July/18/2010 at 1:10pm
This forum section is for Off Topic discussions. Please help us by posting them in the correct forum linked below.

Thank You

Edited by Rush - September/16/2010 at 7:05am
tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 8:31am
I agree.
Have just "moved" some posts to the Masonic discussion area and it was this thread that made me do it.Big smile
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
SquareLevelPlumb View Drop Down
Fellow Craft
Fellow Craft

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SquareLevelPlumb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 2:03pm
How about Sports?

How about "How or Wives/Family members feel about THE CRAFT?"

The Miami HEAT?

My Philadelphia Eagles?

LOL
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by SquareLevelPlumb SquareLevelPlumb wrote:

How about Sports?

Great idea!!

My Philadelphia Eagles?

Only if you let TM274 and myself include discussions on Aussie Rules Footy, Cricket and Golf

Might be best to include this in the EA Tyled Forum, just in case.

The Carrington Lodge (WAC 363)
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
18th Boucaut RC (AASR Australia 5)
The Carrington Lodge

Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 6:36pm
Hell yeah, I love Aussie rules football and have been trying to really "get" the rules for cricket for about 8 years now.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 6:55pm

How about Sports?

The Miami HEAT?

My Philadelphia Eagles?

LOL

We have a section for all types of Masonic discussion.

As for the Heat and Eagles this is the spot for posts about them.

daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by dualsingularity dualsingularity wrote:

Hell yeah, I love Aussie rules football and have been trying to really "get" the rules for cricket for about 8 years now.

When you grow up playing back-yard cricket with your mates from school, you sort of absorb the rules as you go along. In the meantime keep watching the game, preferably with a knowledgeable person sitting next to you. I still don't know what an RBI is in Baseball!

For you non-Cricket-playing peoples, the Marylebone Cricket Club (the arbiter of the laws of cricket) have produced this web site for you: http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-cricket/
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
The Carrington Lodge

tm274 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator
The True Time Traveling WM .·.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tm274 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 7:57am
Originally posted by daves daves wrote:

When you grow up playing back-yard cricket with your mates from school, you sort of absorb the rules as you go along. In the meantime keep watching the game, preferably with a knowledgeable person sitting next to you. I still don't know what an RBI is in Baseball!

For you non-Cricket-playing peoples, the Marylebone Cricket Club (the arbiter of the laws of cricket) have produced this web site for you: http://www.lords.org/laws-and-spirit/laws-of-cricket/

Hmmm.........I dunno Daves.....some of those umpires don't know the rules at all, according to me!
You don't now what RBI means.........???
Everyone knows it means........Run Back In.....!!!!Tongue
Initiated : 23rd April 2002
Passed   : 25th June 2002
Raised    : 24th Sept 2002

Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
32° Farenheit is certainly not higher than 3° Cel.
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 12:10pm
That makes no sense.
Jay Austin

Black Mountain 663 - Junior Warden
AASR Valley of Asheville - KSA
The Masonic Society

http://westernncmason.blogspot.com
masonic.truths View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote masonic.truths Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by jaya jaya wrote:

That makes no sense.

It appears to be spam, I have reported the post to the Admins.
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 12:53pm
I figured they would see it after a mod told him he was in the wrong forum. It is either spam, or a complete nutcase.
Jay Austin

The Masonic Society

Caution1010 View Drop Down
Bro. Never Give Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Caution1010 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 12:58pm
hAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAhAHA!!!!!
I: 10/1/10
P: 12/3/10
R: 12/31/10

PHA-AL

"You can't trust those fellow-crafts...buncha rogues and murderers!"
jaya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 1:14pm
Lol, now that's an old one. A case of very bad translation. Next you will be speaking in 1337.
Jay Austin

The Masonic Society

edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 2:21pm
Ah ...mann   ... we not going to have fun with a nut case!!!!    Maybe he wasn't nutz, but had a real message for the undead.
"He who would assume to govern others must first learn to govern himself."

Thomasville 369
De Darrah View Drop Down
Matron
Matron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote De Darrah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 2:43pm
edwmax are you bored?  Need a new play toy to sink your teeth into.
De
Past Matron New Hope Ch. #117 OES
PWHP Palm Shrine No.32 now Alchor #27 WSOJ
Y.B.Y.S.A.I.A.

As Brother Ben F. said
"In Wine there is Wisdom
In Beer there is Freedom
In Water there is Bacteria"
<
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 3:31pm
Big smile   .... well .. what can i say ...   Ermm

Thomasville 369
farmerjoe View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmerjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 5:07pm
Max, we shoulda let him go, but just keep blocking his posts, he could of at least gave us some humor.
 then we could share highlights somewhere for everyone else!!!
Joe L Van Dyke,PM Inspector, 834th District, Grand Lodge of California

'To always industriously strive to acquire useful knowledge to put forth to good use'.
edwmax View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edwmax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 9:40pm
 I didn't muzzle him......

Thomasville 369
monte View Drop Down
Quarryman
Quarryman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote monte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/07/2011 at 10:55pm

I found out last Sunday that my city has a Cricket team.  I stayed and watched the match for about 45 minutes, only left cause I had prior commitment. But of what I saw I can see how baseball grew from cricket.

I always here about how long Baseball takes but this match was only 45 overs (an over is 6 pitches) for each team and they had been playing 4 hours and had like 20 overs left for the last team!   

They invited me to come back this Sunday and learn more.  I am hoping that they let me to try to bowl at the wickets!
E: 4MAR2010
P: 31JUL2010
R: 4SEP2010

GL of FL
The Point Within A Circle
daves View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daves Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/08/2011 at 12:45am
Originally posted by monte monte wrote:

I found out last Sunday that my city has a Cricket team.  I stayed and watched the match for about 45 minutes, only left cause I had prior commitment. But of what I saw I can see how baseball grew from cricket.

I always here about how long Baseball takes but this match was only 45 overs (an over is 6 pitches) for each team and they had been playing 4 hours and had like 20 overs left for the last team!   

They invited me to come back this Sunday and learn more.  I am hoping that they let me to try to bowl at the wickets!

Arrrrgggghhhh!! An over consists of 6 balls. In cricket the ball must be delivered with a straight arm - anything else is called "throwing" or more popularly "chucking". It would seem that the quick bowlers would be more difficult to score runs off, but the "spiiners" who can get the ball to bounce and turn can be more difficult to play.

Hope you enjoy your next match - let us know what you thought.
Bassendean RAC (WAC 20)
The Carrington Lodge

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic