Forum Description: Welcome Nobles, Jokers, Hillbillies
URL: http://forum.mastermason.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=12215
Printed Date: April/16/2024 at 5:08pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Reasons for Joining
Posted By: NobleShabba
Subject: Reasons for Joining
Date Posted: July/11/2014 at 9:28am
Wondering if the REASONS that men become Shriners have changed over the years, and if that has affected the nature/character of the organization in general.

Opinions?

-------------
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!

Replies:
Posted By: Sojourner33
Date Posted: August/09/2014 at 10:23am
Well I can't address the topic exactly, but I am really looking forward to becoming a Shriner as soon as possible and I can tell you why I want to do so. With that said, I will always remain active in Blue Lodge (just Raised last night).

The reason I initially became interested in Masonry was because I have a special needs child who was treated at the Shriners Hospital in Tampa several years ago. Never in my life has my family or child been received and treated so wonderfully. At that point I decided with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart that I wanted to be a Shriner and give back to others the way the Shriners had given to my daughter and family.

-------------
Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14

Posted By: NewToLight84
Date Posted: August/09/2014 at 11:41am
Wonderful!

-------------
"Be careful how you live. You may be the only Mason some people will ever meet." -unknown

Posted By: NobleShabba
Date Posted: August/13/2014 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Sojourner33 Sojourner33 wrote:

Well I can't address the topic exactly, but I am really looking forward to becoming a Shriner as soon as possible and I can tell you why I want to do so. With that said, I will always remain active in Blue Lodge (just Raised last night).

The reason I initially became interested in Masonry was because I have a special needs child who was treated at the Shriners Hospital in Tampa several years ago. Never in my life has my family or child been received and treated so wonderfully. At that point I decided with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart that I wanted to be a Shriner and give back to others the way the Shriners had given to my daughter and family.

Excellent, thanks for responding!!
(I wonder why this thread has so few responses?)

-------------
----------------------

DISCLAIMER: These are my comments, and mine alone - they do not necessarily apply to any group to which I belong!

Posted By: Sojourner33
Date Posted: August/13/2014 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by NobleShabba NobleShabba wrote:

Originally posted by Sojourner33 Sojourner33 wrote:

Excellent, thanks for responding!!
(I wonder why this thread has so few responses?)

Not sure Brother.  I was hoping for more, as I am very interested to hear from others on this topic.

-------------
Timothy L. Huggins
Ensley Lodge #278 F&AM

Initiated - 5/9/14
Passed - 6/13/14
Raised - 8/8/14

Posted By: AaronSawyer
Date Posted: October/07/2014 at 1:57pm
I've wanted to become a Shriner for some time.  I like their atittude and positivity and I would like to help the charities that they're known for. It's always been one of those things I'll "get around to" - hopefully that time will be soon.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net